Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Workout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : January 29, 2009, 06:03:00 PM

Im sure people wont take my advice on this. most people,even my own friends,are skeptical when I suggest an ab machine to them. I guess because there are so many. But this maschine is the best thing Ive ever added to my workouts. It gave me abs like in magazines, and I never thought I had the body type to get well defined abs. Of course diet is also very important, but this machine is amazing and for people who hate doing abs it is VERY easy. I dont even break asweat and I can watch tv and change the channel while Im doing it. I thinkl its like $50 and they sell it at GNC now so that should give it some more creidbility....

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#31 : January 29, 2009, 08:53:42 PM

THE WORK OUT FOR DUMMIES

TUESDAY:  CHEST, TRICEPS, BACK

1.   CHEST:    INCLINE BENCH (SET THE BACK OF THE BENCH AT THE SECOND NOTCH FROM THE TOP)

start                                      end
Pick weights that you can control,  3 sets of 10 reps.

Flat Bench Dumbell:     

3 sets of 10 with a weight you can control

Flys:
 3 sets of 10 with a weight you can control, no wobble.

2. Triceps:

3 sets of as many as you can do, make sure you extend your arms and  lock out on the up

TRICEP CURL, KEEP YOUR ELBOW IN AND PUSH STRAIGHT UP.   3 SETS OF 10 REPS WITH A WEIGHT THAT YOU CAN HANDLE.

Triceps Push down on cable:  Do 3 sets of 10 with a weight you can control.

BACK:

LAT PULL DOWN: 

Look at the position of the back tilted back about 45 degrees and pull down just below your chest line.  3 sets of 10 with a weight you can handle and keep your butt down on the seat.

Let your arm sink almost to the ground, lower than this picture. 

Bench Row. 
With hand on bench row up into your armpit and squeeze on the up.

Seated Row:     
       Pull into your Belly button and squeeze on the in.  3 sets of 10 reps with a weight you can handle.

Do sit ups and pushups to finish off your work out.

THURSDAY: BICEPS, SHOULDERS, LEGS

Biceps:  Straight Bar curl:
     Start with arms extended and curl up under your chin.  Do Not sway your back and keep your body still.   3 sets of 10 with a weight you can handle and keep good form.

Preacher curl:

Keep elbows just over the top of the bench and keep them tucked in even with your shoulder.  Keep your butt on the bench.  Extend your  elbows fully on the down.   3  sets of 10 reps with a weight you can handle.

Standing Biceps Curl:

Keep your body still and your elbows back, do  not let them fly up.   Curl up to your shoulder and squeeze at the top.      3 sets of 10 with a weight you can handle.

Shoulders:   

Shoulder Press: 

Make sure that your hands at rest on the machine are equal with  the tops of your    shoulder.   Squeeze at the top of the press.   3 sets of 10 reps with weight you can handle. 

Arnold Press:
 With the weight in front of you, palms towards you press straight   overhead and turn  your palms out and squeeze at the top.
Do 3 sets of 10 with a weight you can handle with no wobble.

Rear Deltoid Raise:

Sit down and do this exercise:  Bend forward keep your body still and bring  your arms up to your side.  Squeeze at the top.   
Do 3 sets of 10 with a weight you can handle with no wobble.

Front shoulder Raise:   Raise your shoulder up to about 120 degrees, slightly higher than the picture.   3 sets of 10 reps with a  weight you can handle.

Legs:     Knee Extensions

Extend your knee fully and squeeze at the top, make sure you keep your back against the seat and your butt down.   The roll should be on top of your foot with your knee angle greater that 90.

5   sets of 10 reps with a weight you can handle.

Hamstring curl:

5 sets of 10 reps  with a weight you can handle

Leg Press:   This is the start position, fully extend your knees. And squeeze at the top.  3  to 5 sets of 10, with a weight you can handle.

START ALL OF THESE WITH 3 SETS EXCEPT WHERE NOTED.  INCREASE THE WEIGHT AND THE REPS AS YOU CAN.  GO BY HOW YOUR BODY FEELS WITH THE EXERCISES.   YOU WILL GET SORE BUT JUST FOR A FEW WEEKS.  THEN YOU WILL GET SORE, BUT JUST A LITTLE.

WORK HARD……..

YOUR ZEN MASTER     

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 29, 2009, 08:54:19 PM

Oh, and let me add: drop the situps immediately. They're back destroyers. Do pullups and chinups.

Link, please?  Personally, I do sit ups, but on a decline bench.  It has actually helped strenthgen my core and eliminates my back spasms.  

I also do my sit ups on a decline bench. If you have a workout partner toss a medicine ball after each sit up. Its a killer.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 30, 2009, 09:11:24 AM

Oh, and let me add: drop the situps immediately. They're back destroyers. Do pullups and chinups.

Link, please?  Personally, I do sit ups, but on a decline bench.  It has actually helped strenthgen my core and eliminates my back spasms. 

I also do my sit ups on a decline bench. If you have a workout partner toss a medicine ball after each sit up. Its a killer.

I don't have a WO partner.  But I do twist my situps (right elbow to left knee, etc) to hit my obliques.  Also, crunches on the Pilates ball are stout.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 30, 2009, 09:13:59 AM

Try super setting your workouts, meaning right after you after finished with a rep of one exercise go to another exercise and then back to the other, also you can go from three sets to fours sets, I do four sets with reps of 10, 8, 7, 7 adding weight each time also try finishing your entire workout in under 45min to an hour, I workout three days then take a day off, On chest day I do 7 exercises for a total of 224 reps, then do regular push ups, inverted push a total of 50, I have gone from benching at my max 200 up 285 in a little over a two months

I do that for time purposes.  I do a "whole body" workout.  One exercise for each muscle group.  Chest, then immed Biceps.  Back, then Tris.  Legs then shoulders and abs.  1 min rest between sets of 6-8 (except abs and legs).  It lets me hit the muscle 3 days per week with variation (different exercise each workout) and keeps my heart rate up.  I'm in and out in 30-35 mins.  On my non lift days I do 30 mins of cardio, and viola,  32 inch waist.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#35 : January 30, 2009, 09:17:53 AM

P90X....you have to be dedicated though

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 30, 2009, 09:24:27 AM

Lets see if this works:  This is what I've been doing for the last 4 or so months and have had some pretty good success

Monday      
Shoulders      
Shoulder Press Machine   4 Sets   12,10,8,6
Dumbbell Lateral Raise   4 Sets   12,10,8,6
Dumbbell Reverse Fly   4 Sets   12,10,8,6

Triceps      
Nose Breakers                           3 Sets   10,8,6
One Arm Cable Extension   3 Sets   10,8,6

Tuesday      
Back      
Wide Grip Pull Up           4 Sets   12,10,8,6
Close Grip Pull Down   4 Sets   12,10,8,6
One Arm Dumbbell Row   4 Sets   12,10,8,6
Bent Over Barbell Row   4 Sets   12,10,8,6

Wednesday      
Chest      
Incline Dumbbell Press   4 Sets    12,10,8,6
Barbell Bench Press    4 Sets    12,10,8,6
Incline Dumbbell Flys   4 Sets    12,10,8,6
Cable Crossovers           4 Sets   12,10,8,6

Biceps      
Incline Dumbbell Curl   3 Sets   10,8,6
Preacher Curl (mach)   3 Sets   10,8,6
Standing Hammer Curl   3 Sets   10,8,6

Friday      
Quads/Hammys      
Squat                           4 Sets   12,10,8,6
45 Degree Leg Press   4 Sets   12,10,8,6
Leg Extension               4 Sets   12,10,8,6
Stiff Legged Deadlifts   4 Sets   12,10,8,6

Calves      
Seated Calf Raise             3 Sets   10,8,6
Standing Calf Raise             3 Sets   10,8,6

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 30, 2009, 11:13:39 AM

Wow, that's a lot.   Here's my easy workout:

Monday:
Dumbell Press (on the Ball) 3 sets of 6-8.  Superset with Bicep Curls 3 sets of 6-8

Pullups-3 sets to failure.  Superset with dumbell tricep extension (on the ball)

Dumbell squats. 3 sets of 15.  Superset with dumbell military press (on the ball) 3 sets of 6-8 and decline bench situp twists 3 sets to failure.

Tuesday: Cardio

Wednesday:
Incline dumbell press 3 sets of 6-8 superset with hammer curls 3 sets of 6-8
Lat pulldown (with the triangle attachment) 3 sets of 6-8 superset with tricep pulldown 3 sets of 6-8
Seated leg press 3 sets of 15 superset with front lateral raises 3 sets of 6-8 and crunches on the ball 3 sets to failure

Thursday: Cardio

Friday:
Dumbell flys on the ball 3 sets of 6-8 superset with seated incline dumbell curls 3 sets of 6-8
Seated rows 3 sets of 6-8 superset with tricep dumbell kickbacks 3 sets of 6-8
Seated calf extensions 3 sets of 15 superset with reverse dumbell lat flys 3 sets of 6-8 and leg raises to 3 sets to failure.

Saturday: Pickup flag football.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#38 : January 30, 2009, 12:28:25 PM

P90X....you have to be dedicated though

Tried it yesteday in a group - not bad. But you're right, it teakes a lot of self discipline to do it.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 30, 2009, 01:24:30 PM

Link, please?  Personally, I do sit ups, but on a decline bench.  It has actually helped strenthgen my core and eliminates my back spasms. 

I don't have a WO partner.  But I do twist my situps (right elbow to left knee, etc) to hit my obliques.  Also, crunches on the Pilates ball are stout.

Since you don't have a workout partner try using a 25 lb "disk" weight and hold it to your chest. Just something I use to challenge myself more in the gym maybe you'll like it. I'll use the pilates ball ever once in awhile just to switch up my workout.

#40 : January 31, 2009, 06:52:35 PM

since everyones posting their routines, here is mine....

M- Chest, shoulders

T- legs, back, biceps

W- Chest, shoulders

T- legs, back, biceps

F- Chest, shoulders

I try to seperate all my push (chest,shoulders,triceps) and pull (back, biceps) exercies so that Im not working the same muscles back to back days.

chest and shoulder day consists of- {incline bench, flatbench, dips, flys} - chest; {military press, shoulder shrugs) - shoulders

back and leg day consists of- {squats, lunges, leg lifts, leg curls} - legs; {pull ups, bent over rows, lat pull down} - upper back; {straight legged dead lifts, hyperextensions} - lower back; and then I do 4 sets of 10 reps on some kind of curls (I switch it up every workout)

I dont spend much time on triceps of biceps (dont do any tricep specific workouts) because every upper body workout I do works out my triceps and biceps as secondary muscles. SO i save some time in the gym by not focusing on those 2 areas and Ive learned that the triceps and biceps will get big and strong by doing everything else

Sometimes Ill switch to 3 day splits where Ill go chest one day, legs the next day, and then shoulders/back/biceps the 3rd day butu I prefer the 2 day splits

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 01, 2009, 05:30:46 PM

since everyones posting their routines, here is mine....

M- Chest, shoulders

T- legs, back, biceps

W- Chest, shoulders

T- legs, back, biceps

F- Chest, shoulders

I try to seperate all my push (chest,shoulders,triceps) and pull (back, biceps) exercies so that Im not working the same muscles back to back days.

chest and shoulder day consists of- {incline bench, flatbench, dips, flys} - chest; {military press, shoulder shrugs) - shoulders

back and leg day consists of- {squats, lunges, leg lifts, leg curls} - legs; {pull ups, bent over rows, lat pull down} - upper back; {straight legged dead lifts, hyperextensions} - lower back; and then I do 4 sets of 10 reps on some kind of curls (I switch it up every workout)

I dont spend much time on triceps of biceps (dont do any tricep specific workouts) because every upper body workout I do works out my triceps and biceps as secondary muscles. SO i save some time in the gym by not focusing on those 2 areas and Ive learned that the triceps and biceps will get big and strong by doing everything else

Sometimes Ill switch to 3 day splits where Ill go chest one day, legs the next day, and then shoulders/back/biceps the 3rd day butu I prefer the 2 day splits

I want to say that you're overworking your muscle groups.  Most PT's will tell you that muscles grow while you're resting, not working.  From what Ive always been taught, you want to give it at least 48 hours between lifting sessions.  Every body is different, but when I was big (5-8, 195), I only worked each muscle group one day per week.  Now that my goal is lean, I work out each group 3 days a week (now I'm 165 and cut).  I don't have a degree in PT or anything, but I have been working out for 16 years, and have tried a variety of methods.  Plus, too much lifting can lead to "overtraining" and could possibly damage your immune system.

JMO, I'm no where near an expert on the subject.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Workout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools