Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms on the Dan Patrick show (listen anyone?) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 18, 2007, 05:06:41 PM

In that context, he said the shotgun does help him get a better angle for these snapshots.

You mean he used the shotgun to shoot their arms off maybe? That might help his angles.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 18, 2007, 05:12:57 PM

Anyone know if there's a place to get the transcripts of this interview...or even an audio playback?

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=danpatrick

I think you have to be an insider though

Hah, well that does me no good.  :P

Plus, the link for the big show is from the 12th, apparently.

EDIT- You can subscribe for the podcast, but the show from today isn't up there yet.  I assume it'll be there tomorrow...I guess I can wait 'till then.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 18, 2007, 05:20:57 PM

Right, it's Gruden's 'pride' that gets in the way.
Is that who was batting down those balls at the line of scrimmage?

#18 : January 18, 2007, 05:39:18 PM

In that context, he said the shotgun does help him get a better angle for these snapshots.
You mean he used the shotgun to shoot their arms off maybe? That might help his angles.

Well, he was saying it helped him see.  He didn't claim it would help him throw.  :)

#19 : January 18, 2007, 05:40:06 PM

Right, it's Gruden's 'pride' that gets in the way.
Is that who was batting down those balls at the line of scrimmage?
I suppose so according to some on this board.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : January 18, 2007, 07:36:45 PM

I do wonder what has kept Gruden from ever using the shotgun before? I guess "His" offense is so spectacular it has never needed one.

#21 : January 18, 2007, 07:40:06 PM

I do wonder what has kept Gruden from ever using the shotgun before? I guess "His" offense is so spectacular it has never needed one.
Or perhaps there's no scientfic evidence that the shotgun actually helps an offense? Nah, gotta be Gruden.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 18, 2007, 07:48:34 PM

Or perhaps there's no scientfic evidence that the shotgun actually helps an offense? Nah, gotta be Gruden.
Not saying that.. I just wonder why every other "offensive genius" had the shot gun, but Gruden never has had it. I guess you really can't argue with the 31st ranked offense in the league though.

#23 : January 18, 2007, 08:25:32 PM

Not saying that.. I just wonder why every other "offensive genius" had the shot gun, but Gruden never has had it. I guess you really can't argue with the 31st ranked offense in the league though.
Does Holmgren use the shotgun? Also please, nobody calls him an 'offensive genius' but hey I guess if Dungy has reclaimed his 'defensive genius' tag after two playoff games then Gruden indeed is an 'offensive genius'.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 18, 2007, 08:41:07 PM

Gruden has stated repeatedly that the shotgun has the disadvantage of taking too long for the QB to find and hit receivers because he's too busy looking at rushing defenses.  I have no idea of the validity of his argument, but he does have a reason beyond pride...fyi.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 18, 2007, 09:12:10 PM

Gruden has stated repeatedly that the shotgun has the disadvantage of taking too long for the QB to find and hit receivers because he's too busy looking at rushing defenses.  I have no idea of the validity of his argument, but he does have a reason beyond pride...fyi.

Dallas won 3 Super Bowls and never used the gun. SF won what 4? No gun. GB won their SB with no gun. IIRC I don't recall Vermeil's Rams using the gun.

People act like the gun is some magically fix-it all for bad offenses. It isn't. Gruden doesn't believe it in and I've heard enough former QB's argue against it that I'm inclined to belive that there's nothing about the gun that will make this offense any better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#26 : January 18, 2007, 09:30:19 PM

Are you mad because Simms is the future of this franchise, and Rice sucks???

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : January 18, 2007, 10:07:07 PM

Holmgren has used the shotgun lately.  Chris said the Bucs are the only team that doesn't use it.  And whatever Gruden's excuses don't mean squat.  Exhibit A---the Buc offense.

#28 : January 18, 2007, 10:10:15 PM

Are you mad because Simms is the future of this franchise, and Rice sucks???
LOL! Same old ABuccs.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 18, 2007, 11:11:53 PM

People act like the gun is some magically fix-it all for bad offenses. It isn't. Gruden doesn't believe it in and I've heard enough former QB's argue against it that I'm inclined to belive that there's nothing about the gun that will make this offense any better.

Actually I agree that the shotgun won't make this offense any better, there is really only one thing that will make this offense better.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms on the Dan Patrick show (listen anyone?) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools