Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms on the Dan Patrick show (listen anyone?) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 20, 2007, 02:11:37 PM

If we are going by results, I still take Simms because I watched him play much better than Grads did last year, and given the troubles of the entire team this year, it would not be fair for me to pinpoint it all on Simms.  Simms, even in a loss at ATL had over 300 yards passing, and despite the INTs, one of them was a freak bounce of a DBs foot that popped back up, the other two were deep shots versus a very talented CB, and Simms was trying to make something happen while the rest of the team floundered.

And he almost led the Bucs to a win versus Carolina, and did this while severely hampered...

We can go back and forth on this beaten argument, but it really is not going to convinve a Grads guy to hate Grads, nor will it convinve me that Grads is a better QB than Simms...not in a million on the latter...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 20, 2007, 02:14:07 PM

We can go back and forth on this beaten argument, but it really is not going to convinve a Grads guy to hate Grads, nor will it convinve me that Grads is a better QB than Simms...not in a million on the latter...

I doubt Grads is a better QB but Simms was awful this year. I mean there's no good spin you can put on it, you make a nice effort. The bottom line is 1 TD 7 INT's are numbers that get you cut in most systems, not a contract extension and raise and that 0-3 start was not entirely on Simms but his dreadful play was a massive part of why it was 0-3 and not better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms on the Dan Patrick show (listen anyone?) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools