Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Hire Coyer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

psymun

Starter
#15 : January 18, 2007, 02:34:37 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06355/747811-198.stm

"He can be fiery during practice, but his players adore him."

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 18, 2007, 02:34:44 PM

Now, our defensive coaches look alot better than the staff from last year. This is turning out to be an excellent offseason. I hope our offensive replacements are just as good as the defensive replacements. If we can land a quality OL coach, the caliber of Houck or Gibbs. Sweeet.

Did Muir, or anyone, on the O-staff get fired?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 18, 2007, 02:35:41 PM

Muir did in a dream I had

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

original

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 18, 2007, 02:36:37 PM

I like this, now can we star the fires on the offensive side?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 18, 2007, 02:37:46 PM

Very, very nice. I didn't think they'd be able to land Coyer. I was just in the midst of researching McCarney. Coyer is the right sort of guy to get it done here.

Kudos to the FO.

shall555

Starter

#20 : January 18, 2007, 02:38:15 PM

Now, our defensive coaches look alot better than the staff from last year. This is turning out to be an excellent offseason. I hope our offensive replacements are just as good as the defensive replacements. If we can land a quality OL coach, the caliber of Houck or Gibbs. Sweeet.

Did Muir, or anyone, on the O-staff get fired?

Not yet. Hopefully, they are looking for replacements before they hand out pink slips. I think they will be meeting with offensive coaching prospects at the Senior Bowl. Muir and Mann need to go...

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 18, 2007, 02:41:18 PM

Alright!  That's part of what was missing last season!!!!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

PirateBooty

Starter

#22 : January 18, 2007, 02:41:45 PM

;D

bucs1

Practice Squad
#23 : January 18, 2007, 02:43:06 PM

Awesome hiring.  ;D

#24 : January 18, 2007, 02:45:54 PM

Wow, this is a coup.  Denver has been pretty great.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 18, 2007, 02:46:05 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5038302

Coyer joked that he doesn't know what it means to be an assistant head coach, but he will work closely with longtime friend, Monte Kiffin, Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator. Coyer expects to help with game planning and likely coach the defensive line.

"It's a great defense," Coyer said. "And I am honored to be able to help there."

Coyer turned down a chance to join the New York Jets in a similar role.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 18, 2007, 02:47:26 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5038302

Coyer joked that he doesn't know what it means to be an assistant head coach, but he will work closely with longtime friend, Monte Kiffin, Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator. Coyer expects to help with game planning and likely coach the defensive line.

"It's a great defense," Coyer said. "And I am honored to be able to help there."

Coyer turned down a chance to join the New York Jets in a similar role.

LOL... thats what i was eluding to... haha Assistant head coach...

$$$

shall555

Starter

#27 : January 18, 2007, 02:49:18 PM

Outstanding signing. Could it mean that Rice stays, now that we have a fiery DL coach again? This is going to be an exciting year for DL fans, because we're obviously going to give Coyer some new toys to play with, whether through FA or the draft. Hopefully, both. ;D

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 18, 2007, 02:49:36 PM

Very nice pick up.. This guy has all the tools to turn the Defensiveline around again.   You know if we can get a healthy Rice and a top FA prospect we might just get back to the good old days when we could get pressure from the front four alone..

Can anyone find out if any of Denver's front four are FA's this year..?????

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 18, 2007, 02:52:08 PM

Out of the blue, but what are the chances he brings Ian Gold with him ?
Not sure of his contract status

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Hire Coyer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools