Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remeber T.J. Williams? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: January 18, 2007, 11:26:23 PM

Didn't he look good in the preseason before getting injured?  Hopefully he can push Becht/Jolley for that #2 TE spot this season.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 18, 2007, 11:41:29 PM

Pretty sure T.J. was injured in a mini camp and never made it to TC. or saw any action in PS games.  In fact he wasn't signed till late in the TC/pre season because the Bucs were planning on IRing him anyway.

#2 : January 18, 2007, 11:49:29 PM

Pretty sure T.J. was injured in a mini camp and never made it to TC. or saw any action in PS games. In fact he wasn't signed till late in the TC/pre season because the Bucs were planning on IRing him anyway.
Correct.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 19, 2007, 02:42:28 AM

I totally forgot about Jolley

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 19, 2007, 07:39:38 AM

I think Jolley will have more of an impact this season.  He showed while Moore was out that he can be a reliable long snapper and has shown in his time with the Raiders that he can be a productive pass catcher.  It wouldn't suprise me to see Jolley be the #3 TE and long snapper with Moore not being re signed.

#5 : January 19, 2007, 08:23:11 AM

I completely forgot about TJ Williams. Good thread Shivver

I watched quite a bit of TJ Williams at NC State and really liked him a lot before he even became a Buc. He is a very good pass catching TE with reliable hands, but the impressive part to me was the size he had to go with it. Dude is pretty big. Not sure what type of blocker he is though, or if he is a capable long snapper so those 2 things could hold him back. Im not really sure

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 19, 2007, 08:33:12 AM

I think Moore's time is done.  Of course thats what I thought for the past five years or so.  But after that latest fumble that just shows that you can't have him come in for three plays a year and think that he's going to be a reliable target.   The question is do we want Moore just to strictly long snap and nothing else?  I think a long snapper has to be able to do something else, whether its the third string guard or fourth string TE who gets six receptions a year or whatever, he has to do something else.  I don't think Moore can even do that minimal amount of something else anymore, so I think we finally have to cut the cord and find another long snapper.

#7 : January 19, 2007, 11:58:35 AM

I think Moore's time is done.  Of course thats what I thought for the past five years or so.  But after that latest fumble that just shows that you can't have him come in for three plays a year and think that he's going to be a reliable target.   The question is do we want Moore just to strictly long snap and nothing else?  I think a long snapper has to be able to do something else, whether its the third string guard or fourth string TE who gets six receptions a year or whatever, he has to do something else.  I don't think Moore can even do that minimal amount of something else anymore, so I think we finally have to cut the cord and find another long snapper.

Agree 100%

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : January 19, 2007, 12:04:34 PM

Yeah let Jolley long snap if he can handle it and cut Moore. The roster spots are too precious.

#9 : January 19, 2007, 12:27:31 PM

I read TJ might not even be ready for TC this year. But he was good in college.

#10 : January 19, 2007, 12:31:00 PM

Jolley + Becht + Smith is not impressive to me. Bottom half of the NFL as far as TEs go.

#11 : January 19, 2007, 01:07:34 PM

Jolley + Becht + Smith is not impressive to me. Bottom half of the NFL as far as TEs go.

I disagree.  I think we are above average at TE.  Alex Smith is a developing player, with potential to be a complete TE.  Becht is very good blocker with some receiving abilities.  Jolley is very good receiver.

We'll know alot more about what we have on offense if we can find a QB who can throw the ball to them.

#12 : January 19, 2007, 01:24:40 PM

I disagree. Alex Smith is a developing player, with potential to be a complete TE but not in the class of Witten, Shockey, Winslow Jr, Gates, Gonzalez, Watson, Crumpler, Graham, Heath Miller, Dallas Clark, McMichael, Heap, Vernon Davis, and maybe a couple more. Hopefully he one day surpasses LJ Smith, Chris Cooley, Desmond Clark. Id put him in the Jeramy Stevens and Marcedes Lewis class right now as far as talent goes.

Becht is a decent blocker with decent receiving abilities (I still dont think he is a good enough #2 TE)

Jolley has no shown me he is a very good receiver. He and Becht are castoffs for a reason. Jolley will be lucky to hold a roster spot.

Not one great receiver or blocker in the bunch and I dont see any of them ever being great at either blocking OR receiving. Almost every team has atleast a great blocker or receiving TE

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 19, 2007, 03:14:58 PM

The way I see it is that we dont need to sign/draft any TE's going into the 2007 season. Moore will most likely retire, and if this happens or he gets cut, we still have Doug Jolley as the #3 TE to long snap, and he also offers much more as a TE. Im happy with Smith and Becht as the top 2 on the depth chart; I think Alex Smith could thrive in this system. Then TJ Williams could be included as a #4 TE, but putting him on the PS would be fine too IMO. So, all in all, I like our depth at TE.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2007, 04:12:37 PM

I disagree.  I think we are above average at TE.  Alex Smith is a developing player, with potential to be a complete TE.  Becht is very good blocker with some receiving abilities.  Jolley is very good receiver.

Smith might have a bit more ceiling on him than I thought last year. I like him in seams down the field but he's not got a really good feeel for working zones over the middle. Becht is bad and his blocking isn't any good anyways. That has been the worst part of what he's done. Jolley, who knows what he is but odds are not very good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remeber T.J. Williams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools