Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Darft and off season moves « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: January 19, 2007, 09:05:43 AM

First off i would like to say this is just for fun and would need alot for it to happen

first trade first round to the Vikings for their first and second round picks
then trade Rice to the Lions for their 2 rounder.

free agent signings would be
S Ken Hamlin
DE Justin Smith
G/C Eric Steinbach
QB Jeff Garcia
resign Dewayne white
Draft
1. Gaines Adams DE
would battle with Smith and White to see who starts now that Rice is gone the loser would play the other side
2a Rufus Alexander OLB
could learn for a year under brooks or could start if brooks retired
2b Darrelle Revis CB
would battle Kelly to start or push Boldin out
2c Robert Mecham WR
would push Clayton and Stovall for second and thrid wr spot
2d Brandon Meirweather S
would be able to push allen and or phillips  along with being able to play special teams
3 Marcus Thomas DT
 could be huge rward if can stay clean
4 Tony ugoh OT
battle with and push davis on the left side
5 Stephen Nichoals OLB/MLB
 could battle nece and serve as back up to Ruud in the middle has the speed to cover down field
7 Kyle Young C
could also play gaurd would allow the bucs to push mahan out the door

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#1 : January 19, 2007, 09:24:18 AM

Overall, I like it a lot. Not completely unreasonable for most of it to happen, but of course it is just your vision of greatness this offseason

I like Hamlin and Steinbach (like Steinbach even more as a G though, I just don't know if he is as good a C), and Garcia and SMith would be great additions. Not sure how Cincy could let Justin Smith leave. Their defense has been underacheiving but Smith has been one bright spot and Cincy has a lot of cap room. Even more than us I think.

Draft-

1) Love the pick. Huge fan of Gaines Adams and ACC football. Have seen a lot of Adams and think he is a really good football player.

2a) Rufus Alexander- Even though I am dieing to draft Joe Thomas round 1. I would be very happy with Adams and Alexander

2b) Darelle Revis- Don't know too much about him, but I like the direction. Not a fan of Bolden or Cox, and would be more than happy if both of them could be replaced

2c) Robert Meachem- I like the pick, but I dont know a whole lot about Meachem either but from what I hear he is the kind of player who will shoot up draft boards.

2d) My favorite pick yet. I hate Miami, but I love Brandon Meriweather's talent. Great football player. Regardless of his off the field problems, most people have overlooked his talent

3) Marcus Thomas- Like it a lot. Wouldn't mind drafting him with the Colts 2nd round pick actually. We are just the team, in just the position with the COlts 2nd round pick to take him. WOuld be even better in the 3rd

4) Tony Ugoh- DOnt know naything baout him

5) Nicholas- Good value. May not transition into a pro LB, but I think it is a good pick in the 5th depending how the rest of the draft and FA go.

6) ???(Rattay???) (McCown???)

7) Kyle Young- Who knows, he is just the type of player who could drop ALL THE WAY to round 7.

psymun

Starter
#2 : January 19, 2007, 09:38:38 AM

Good to know my ideas are having an influence... I didn't realize how many people would like the idea of trading with the Vikings and taking Meachem over CJ...

I'd rather have Brandon Mebane than have Marcus Thomas... And if Lawrence Timmons (LT) or Jon Beason fall to the second round, I think I'd rather have them than Rufus Alexander. All 3 seem to be perfect fits, but Beason and Timmons play with more anger than Alexander does...

Other than that... your draft looks good...

2 other FA pickups though... LT Leonard Davis and DT Cory Redding.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 19, 2007, 09:41:22 AM

Looks really good to me. I've seen Ugoh a lot higher than that though, and right now I would stay away from Thomas. If Okoye's workouts go well I wouldn't mind seeing him with the 7th overall and then taking a DE in the 2nd, since we would have 3 chances to take one of them. I like most of the 1st day going towards the defense.

#4 : January 19, 2007, 09:48:18 AM

I like the idea of picking a LB at the top of round 2, and a DT or safety at the end of round 2/top round 3. There is going to be good WLB talent that fit the BUcs at the top of round 2. Alexander, Timmons, Buster Davis, Willis, Posluzny, Beason, Everett, SIler, a lot of LB who arent expected to go top 15 good chance a good one falls to top round 2. Timmons, Davis and Alexander are most likely to make it (atleast one of them) to round 2 and they are maybe my 3 favorite.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 19, 2007, 09:55:27 AM

Ugoh is on Mel Kiper's Big Board now and looking like a mid to late 1st rounder.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 19, 2007, 12:07:37 PM

If we were to re-sign Dewayne White and then sign Justin Smith, I would have a hard time justifying drafting Gaines Adams as well.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 19, 2007, 12:19:33 PM

Its a good idea and it could happen. Yes Ugoh is looking to be the 2nd, maybe 3rd OT taken in the draft. I really like Meachem, he has bigtime ability after the catch. I have also heard some good news on Revis. I don't know if he will be there but there are guys like Hughes, McCauley who could be, anyone of those 3 would be fine for CB.

I really like your FA additions. I'm not a big fan of Garcia but I can see what you are thinking with that. I would really like to get Steinbach signed. Also, its imperative IMHO that we sign White. We don't want to lose him with his age and talent. Not saying is the next Reggie White but he has some value and we should keep him.

Baghead #2

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#8 : January 19, 2007, 12:53:24 PM

some of your players are out of place, Kyle Young, Darrell Revis, and Tony Ugoh will all be picked higher than that

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 19, 2007, 01:19:54 PM

Young will drop.  He was once considered 1st rounf talent.  But he won't drop that far because he's bad in the classroom.  If he truely has the talent scouts will see it at the combine/private workouts.

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 19, 2007, 04:18:23 PM

you are retarded if we dont draft calvin we will be pissed for years it would be like the situation with houston and reggie bush this guy will be the BAR at wide receivers sooner or later.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 19, 2007, 04:23:03 PM

Yucca, Are you sure thats all you want?

#12 : January 19, 2007, 06:25:29 PM

Darft.......??????

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 19, 2007, 10:50:08 PM

Bucball, i dont think retard is the right choice of words to be used,

as far as Gaines Adams at this point if they were to sign Justin Smith and resign dewayne white and keep spires at a reduced cap number then the team could have a true rotation pf DE so everyone of them is fresh would put alot of pressure on the tackles of other teams

Kyle young as far as him slipping there are C rated high every year that drop like rocks and even go on drafted
Tony Ugoh just because kiper has him rated on his big board does not mean he wont fall to the top of the fourth round

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Darft and off season moves « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools