Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Won an NFL Helmet at a raffle tonight. « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: February 08, 2009, 10:13:56 PM

:'(

Problem is:  IT WAS A NY GIANTS HELMET.

Now I wound up giving it to my neighbor, who happened to do work on my house for a pretty marginal rate, and is a big Giants fan.  Pretty cool?  Yes?

Thing is, I was at a bar, and I told another friend I would give him the helmet if I won it.  And his GF is a girl I like (not like that), but in haste, I gave it to my neighbor without thinking to fast.  Obviously.
Now I feel guilty for renegging on the deal, so to speak, and feel I should get him a token of apology.

What should I get him?

Or should I just say I forgot? Which in essence I did, until I thought about it for a second AFTER the fact...

I feel like a **CENSORED**, but do not feel like paying 300 plus for an authentic helmet to give to my friends BF...

Damnit.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2009, 10:42:29 PM

Does the guy from the bar know you won the helmet?   If not, no problem.   Just don't tell him.   If he knows, that sucks.   I'd tell him I forgot and the neighbor just happened to be in the right place at the right time when you received the helmet, then you remembered what you had said to the guy in the bar the next time you saw him.   I'm not sure what you can give the guy, but ya, 300 for a real helmet is a lot.    It's up to you to gauge what you think would be a nice smoothing over gift.   Sorry I don't have any specific ideas.

Next time, don't enter any raffles for anything you don't want yourself!    Nothing but trouble.   haha.       

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 08, 2009, 11:03:41 PM

Does the guy from the bar know you won the helmet? If not, no problem. Just don't tell him. If he knows, that sucks. I'd tell him I forgot and the neighbor just happened to be in the right place at the right time when you received the helmet, then you remembered what you had said to the guy in the bar the next time you saw him. I'm not sure what you can give the guy, but ya, 300 for a real helmet is a lot. It's up to you to gauge what you think would be a nice smoothing over gift. Sorry I don't have any specific ideas.

Next time, don't enter any raffles for anything you don't want yourself! Nothing but trouble. haha.
All good advice.

And haha indeed...Damn Giants fans...

BTW Java, the guy I gave the helmet to was my neighbor and former contractor who actually did a good job.  Unlike the other scumbag, no not Gruden, who actually did a good job.

I still think Gruden is a helluva coach, FWIW...

I think you are right.  Probem is, the bartender is a good friend as well, and the girl goes there all the time.  He will let her know, and I will have to answer...at whichpoinmt, I will most likely refer to your advice on being there at the right time.

loweredexpectations

Starter
#3 : February 09, 2009, 12:53:03 PM

I think you are right.  Probem is, the bartender is a good friend as well, and the girl goes there all the time.

raheem should have your back... doesn't derrick drink their too?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 09, 2009, 01:15:36 PM

I think you are right. Probem is, the bartender is a good friend as well, and the girl goes there all the time.

raheem should have your back... doesn't derrick drink their too?
LMAO!!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 10, 2009, 12:06:43 AM

I met Kevin Boss at an event last night... that guy is built like a rock.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 10, 2009, 10:11:15 PM

Get him a Giant helmet
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Won an NFL Helmet at a raffle tonight. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools