Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lil Wayne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 09, 2009, 04:24:08 PM

I bet Turbo secretly listens to 'let it rock' at every opportunity.

you would lose that bet man...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 09, 2009, 04:34:30 PM

Come on people. Rap can't be freestyle?

It actually should be if you go back to guys like U Roy and Big Youth who were toastmasters in Jamaica that was really all they were doing was freestyling over a beat.

I little Big Youth just for fun:

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 09, 2009, 04:36:12 PM

lol, some of you are too funny ... I have no idea what Lil Wayne sings/raps and I think he looks like a complete idiot, but give it a rest ... sorry, but Kiss and other bands of that genre/era aren't exactly perfect role models.  

"Fuels racism"? and sets his culture back?  Why are these guys the barometer for "their culture"?  Why not Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, Oprah Winfrey, Condoleeza Rice, etc.?  Or Russel Simmons perhaps?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 09, 2009, 04:52:27 PM

Interesting information from Wiki:

Lil Wayne was born Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. and grew up in the Hollygrove neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana.[1] Carter enrolled in the gifted program of Lafayette Elementary School and in the drama club of Eleanor McMain Secondary School.[2][3] He wrote his first rap song at age eight.[4]  ..... He dropped out of school at age 14 but later earned his GED.[2]

and

After earning his GED, Wayne enrolled at the University of Houston in January 2005 with plans to major in political science.[63] To earn his degree, he had been taking online courses,[4] An article in Urb magazine in March 2007 asserted that Wayne had been earning high grades at Houston,[64] and by the end of the year Wayne discontinued his education there.[65

and

Lil Wayne revealed one of his favorite bands from childhood to be rock group Nirvana, and cites them as a major influence in his music.[66]

and

On September 24, 2008, Lil Wayne published his first blog for ESPN in their issue, ESPN The Magazine. Wayne revealed he was a fan of tennis, the Green Bay Packers, the Boston Bruins, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Red Sox.[67] Wayne continued writing for ESPN, eventually reporting at the ESPN Super Bowl party.[68]

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 09, 2009, 05:10:39 PM

Lil Wayne (if I'm not mistaken) was an original member of The Hot Boyz a crew of rappers led by Juvenile and BG.  Together they founded Cash Money records as teenagers, selling CD's out of the back of their cars, at shows and whatnot.  WarnerBrothers later purchased Cash Money Records for millions, making the teens instantly wealthy.  VERY wealthy.  So, hate all yall want, but these guys likely make 10 times more money than any of us, and did it before they were old enough to drink...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 09, 2009, 05:23:39 PM

I have to admit I like a lot of Lil Wayne's work, and I believe is one of the key contributors in transitioning the genre given its current state.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 09, 2009, 06:23:10 PM

I have to admit I like a lot of Lil Wayne's work, and I believe is one of the key contributors in transitioning the genre given its current state.

transitioning?  transitioning what?  Crap to Crap?

lol

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 09, 2009, 06:24:59 PM

lol, some of you are too funny ... I have no idea what Lil Wayne sings/raps and I think he looks like a complete idiot, but give it a rest ... sorry, but Kiss and other bands of that genre/era aren't exactly perfect role models. 

"Fuels racism"? and sets his culture back?  Why are these guys the barometer for "their culture"?  Why not Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, Oprah Winfrey, Condoleeza Rice, etc.?  Or Russel Simmons perhaps?

wow, a record!  It took 17 posts for someone to mention Kiss in a music thread...

surprise surprise, it was olaf!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 09, 2009, 06:45:40 PM

We get it. You don't like rap, then stay out. No different than people bringing up Kiss than you bringing up you hate rap. Taste is taste

lol

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 09, 2009, 06:52:51 PM

"Fuels racism"? and sets his culture back? Why are these guys the barometer for "their culture"? Why not Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, Oprah Winfrey, Condoleeza Rice, etc.? Or Russel Simmons perhaps?

wow, a record! It took 17 posts for someone to mention Kiss in a music thread...

surprise surprise, it was olaf!

and surprise, surprise Turbo doesn't have a reasonable response about the content of the post or the one that followed just a smartask response that avoids the message ....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 09, 2009, 07:42:11 PM

lol

Actually based on what I have been listening lately to it is on the upswing .

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 09, 2009, 07:42:44 PM

Lil Wayne is by far the worst thing music has ever seen. He freestyles in every one of his songs and just look at him. He is what kids listen to. He is a great idol for young kids. His belt buckle says rape.

Come on people. Rap can't be freestyle? It has to be written down? Am I missing something there? And should he be an idol? Nope, he probably doesn't want to be but people put him in the light because he makes music. Is he "gangsta" well he is a rapper so it is the persona. And rape? COME ON, know some things before spouting off. It is BAPE, a clothing company.

http://www.bape.com/

Sorry, didn't see the bottom part of the B.  He has unreleased tracks that nobody has ever heard where he obviously uses "set" lyrics.  But in a few of his songs he laughs with a chuckle and thinks of the next rhyme for a freestyle IMO.  If he is freestyling he is really good at it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 09, 2009, 11:58:32 PM

Does the guy have a hit song I could download to check out?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 10, 2009, 12:05:03 AM

He looks like the trashiest singer (w/ Amy Winehouse) ever.

Ever see a thin guy standing around a burning trash barrel in a big city? That's him.
I saw him on Saturday Night Live this past fall-- his pants were down below his butt crack, and he was wearing a "wife beater".

But Michael Phelps digged his music at the Olympics! (glowing endorsement?)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 10, 2009, 08:00:02 AM

Does the guy have a hit song I could download to check out?

Crickets chirpping........apparently not, which isn't a surprise.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lil Wayne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools