Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lil Wayne « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#165 : February 11, 2009, 05:41:38 PM

I grew up in the Thug Life era. And trust me when I tell you, if anyone ever heard a white boy utter the n word, regardless of how down he was, he would have been beaten down with a quickness. ..

But more to the point---if one white kid calls another white kid the n word, but intending to imply friendship, is it really a racist comment?  Isn't all communication really about INTENT?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#166 : February 11, 2009, 05:43:41 PM

i've already stated the lack of respect for the n word leads to increased racism.

So because you stated it, that makes it a fact?  Well it that case, did you know that the Moon is made of cheese?  It's true. 

#167 : February 11, 2009, 06:23:17 PM

All music is an artform.  And even this "silly rap" that you so despise takes a lot more talent than you have, else you too would be cashing in on the millions of dollars he's making.  Instead, you're sitting at your little computer desk, likely in your **CENSORED**box tract surburban home hating on him.  Furthermore, I bet that "talentless thug"  puts in 3 times the amount of hours per year working on his art than you do at what is sure to be a dead end job.  Maybe you should take a bullett.  I would be willing to bet that if you did, there'd be less than 50 people that even knew you were gone.  While Lil Wayne would have millions of grieving fans worldwide.  Haters are all the same.  You hate because you can never begin to replicate his level of success in your own life.  It must burn you up that "talentless thugs" like Lil Wayne get all the money and glory and "good guys" like yourself end up as losers.

Damn dude.... tell him how you really feel. LMAO!!!!

Li'l Wayne is a wannabe gangbanger that makes money off of white kids that think they're black and black kids that think they're hustlers.

Now that right there is a pretty narrow-minded statement.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#168 : February 11, 2009, 06:43:22 PM

Ya think?

#169 : February 11, 2009, 06:45:02 PM

Now why is lil Wayne a model for the African American culture and not President Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Russell Simmons, Condoleeza Rice, etc.  These individuals are in the national spot light far more than lil wayne is.

Personally I think if lil wayne influences how you feel about African Americans, that is on the individual not lil wayne.

Brilliant post!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#170 : February 11, 2009, 08:37:53 PM

Young kids don't give a damn for the most part, about Obama.  They care about their TV, their car, their MUSIC (Lil Wayne), and their social life...

Some kids are exceptions to this "basic" mindset...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#171 : February 11, 2009, 09:11:59 PM

Young kids don't give a damn for the most part, about Obama. They care about their TV, their car, their MUSIC (Lil Wayne), and their social life...

Some kids are exceptions to this "basic" mindset...

True, although wasn't there a huge turn out of college students to vote for BO ...  I also know of quite a few young kids (middle to high schoolers) that looked at his election and kind of said "wow, I CAN do something great one day" ..... besides I'd also say that young kids aren't the ones "fueling" racism in this country ....

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#172 : February 12, 2009, 09:54:48 AM

i've already stated the lack of respect for the n word leads to increased racism.

i've done the reports and read the research.

you're the smart guy at the top of his class, knock yourself out and go learn.

no it doesnt LOL so does the lack of respect for the word b.tch lead to increased sexism and domestic violence?

And you obviously don't listen to rock music if you don't think it promotes violence, drug use, alcoholism, and a plethora of other traits 'detrimental to society'

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

MBF

Hall of Famer

#173 : February 12, 2009, 02:05:49 PM

What about those pricks who listen to emo music and plan their suicides? Where did they get that from?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#174 : February 12, 2009, 02:47:24 PM

What about those pricks who listen to emo music and plan their suicides? Where did they get that from?

Not all emo's fit that stereotype.  My teen runs with the emo crowd, but is an A B honor roll student with outstanding behavior.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#175 : February 12, 2009, 02:57:57 PM

Not all emo's fit that stereotype. My teen runs with the emo crowd, but is an A B honor roll student with outstanding behavior.
I'm talking about the extreme emo's.
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lil Wayne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools