Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steinbach at Tackle or Guard « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: January 19, 2007, 04:11:37 PM

Coming out of college... He was scouted by many as a Tackle...

He has the athleticism... (4.85 40, 36" vertical) and power to be a dominating left tackle...

The only reason he's not a LT in Cincy is because of Levi Jones. The Bengals have a DOMINATING left side of their line...

Anyway... The thing I want to know is do you guys want to see him as a guard or tackle...

#1 : January 19, 2007, 04:15:01 PM

Or center...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 19, 2007, 04:24:58 PM

He's an emergency Tackle, and could be a decent Center, but is a great Guard.  Note that when Jones went out in Cincy, Steinbach filled in, but they quickly moved him back to Guard and had Whitworth take over at LOT.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 19, 2007, 05:03:25 PM

Let him play his best spot and that would be guard.  If Buenning comes back you may even consider putting him to play center.  A Buenning - Steinbach combo is more appealing than a Buenning- Wade  or Steinbach - Wade combo.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 19, 2007, 09:36:28 PM

Let him play his best spot and that would be guard. If Buenning comes back you may even consider putting him to play center. A Buenning - Steinbach combo is more appealing than a Buenning- Wade or Steinbach - Wade combo.

agreed. good post.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 19, 2007, 10:03:04 PM

Steinbach or Buenning as center - I am fine with that.  I think if the bucs get Thomas, Buenning would be the guard.  I like Steinbach and his experience at center. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : January 19, 2007, 10:06:46 PM

I dont think that Guard is where we should be spending our FA dollars.  I think we are set with two young talented players in Buenning and Joseph.  Yes, I know Buenning will be rehabbing his knee well into preseason but I think we need to focus on the center position and I think we need to look at a natural center, not a guy we think we play center.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 19, 2007, 10:09:41 PM

Buenning won't be playing a full strength until 1/2 way through next season.  Gonna get a FA guard.  Only way around it is to replace AD at OT and hope he can play guard (and I believe he can)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 20, 2007, 12:16:36 AM

Buenning won't be playing a full strength until 1/2 way through next season. Gonna get a FA guard. Only way around it is to replace AD at OT and hope he can play guard (and I believe he can)
Wow, I did not know his knee was that shredded...

#9 : January 20, 2007, 12:21:15 AM

Buenning won't be playing a full strength until 1/2 way through next season. Gonna get a FA guard. Only way around it is to replace AD at OT and hope he can play guard (and I believe he can)
Wow, I did not know his knee was that shredded...
I wasn't aware of this either, bad news if this is true.

#10 : January 20, 2007, 12:53:23 AM

I dont think anything is for sure. You can get back on the field from an ACL from 4 months after-12 months. Depends the severity of the injury.

My roommate tore his ACL last January, then in August was back practicing in 2-a-days and actually tore his other ACL

O and I believe Steinbech was a TE in high school FWIW

#11 : January 20, 2007, 12:55:44 AM

I dont think anything is for sure. You can get back on the field from an ACL from 4 months after-12 months. Depends the severity of the injury.

My roommate tore his ACL last January, then in August was back practicing in 2-a-days and actually tore his other ACL

O and I believe Steinbech was a TE in high school FWIW
Ouch about your roomate, that sucks.

#12 : January 20, 2007, 01:04:37 AM

yea, great sig! best yet. McGriff is my favorite athlete of all time

I agree he is a HOFer. It was borgerline 2-3 years ago, but with the explosion of the steroids controversy and the bad press it has got, the clean guys like McGriff will be thought of in a higher manner. McGriff better make it over McGwire thats all I know. Guy was an automatic .300 30/100 for 10-15 years and he won a World Series, and played all star ball in both leagues.

#13 : January 20, 2007, 01:06:32 AM

The crime dog ? ;D
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steinbach at Tackle or Guard « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools