Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ********Senior Bowl Notables******** « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : January 22, 2007, 06:17:13 PM

Ehh it doesn't matter... I still don't trust Gruden with the future of this franchise.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 22, 2007, 06:52:28 PM

actually the game is usually downplayed from my understanding.

The coaches want to see them in practice. And while it's true that they are playing next to new guys in new systems in some cases, there is also a lot of individual work going on. This is just part of the process - it doesn't replace film, but film doesn't tell you how a player responds to coaching or his ability to learn (and even attitude). I don't get why somebody would "hate" it.

Exactly.  Like I said earlier it is just one piece of the puzzle.

#32 : January 23, 2007, 03:04:51 AM

I listed all the guy not in the Senior Bowl just so people could realize how many top prospects arent in it. I ten dto disagree with the people who said Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn would not be Bucs for sitting out of the Senior Bowl. I just don't think it's that important, but it is a great tool especially for the teams coaching in it.

BornaBuc, you are all over the place. That was a neat trick posting under 2 names in the same thread.

My ratings were just a simple guide for what I will watch for this week. My ratings were based off players position, based on need, what kind of fit the player is in my eyes and probability of them being drafted by the BUcs. I have a lot of defensive players rated high, but I think that if you notice there are a lot of the best offensive prospects not playing. I love Brady Quinn, Calvin Johnson, or Joe Thomas in round 1. Overall I would say the BUcs need a lot of young talent all over the place but it seems there is more young talent on the BUcs offense than defense. So that's why I see more interest being put in the top defensive players in the Senior Bowl. Of course the FA period will begin between now and the draft, so that will play a big role in what positions and what side of the ball are addressed in the draft

#33 : January 27, 2007, 03:17:48 PM

bummp
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ********Senior Bowl Notables******** « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools