Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

: March 01, 2009, 01:44:58 AM

I am a transfering ex-canes fan. I admit to not following the team as good as I should even though my brother is going there. Can someone clue me in on the future of the team?

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 01, 2009, 11:45:49 AM

why are you quiting on the Canes?

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 01, 2009, 11:52:09 AM

Im gonna be attending USF soon, and I was never a huge Canes fan.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 01, 2009, 12:09:18 PM

Im gonna be attending USF soon, and I was never a huge Canes fan.

that makes sense

#4 : March 01, 2009, 08:06:11 PM

USF is a fun program to follow, fast defense and an offense that loves to go downfield. Athletes all over the place. They are also very undisciplined, commit a ton of penalties and turn the ball over constantly. They have 3 or 4 really talented RBs, but in the last 2 years they have failed to give any of them consistent carris. Instead opting to make 5'6 walk on Benjamin Williams the starter since he blocks well and knows the offense. Benjamin WIlliams was a good story, but he lacked talent. So we had no running game, otehr than our QB Grothe who runs as good as any QB in teh country.

Grothe gets knocked around for being strictly a runnig QB, but he makes a lot of really good NFL throws that he doesnt get enough credit for. He isnt this spread/option Qb that so many people label him as. He is a lot like Doug Flutie with a Brett Favre mentality on the field.

This program is goign to be comeptitive every year in the BIg East from now on. They are getting a ton of talent from around the area, and its really paying off. Im not too sure baout the recruiting class this year, but I know one guy they got out of Tampa was 4-star DE Ryne Giddens. He is the best recruit USF has ever got, and is goign to be REALLY good. USF actually stole him away from Florida. He was the #2 DE in the nation according to rivals.com. i watched him a couple times last year and he was a monster in one of the best high school programs in the country. As a junior he had 21 sacks. I think he might be bette rthan George Selvie when all is said and done

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 02, 2009, 09:17:41 AM

The program has no excuse for not dominating the BE.  ... but that is far from happening.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

LFO

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2009, 08:32:51 PM

USF is a fun program to follow, fast defense and an offense that loves to go downfield. Athletes all over the place. They are also very undisciplined, commit a ton of penalties and turn the ball over constantly. They have 3 or 4 really talented RBs, but in the last 2 years they have failed to give any of them consistent carris. Instead opting to make 5'6 walk on Benjamin Williams the starter since he blocks well and knows the offense. Benjamin WIlliams was a good story, but he lacked talent. So we had no running game, otehr than our QB Grothe who runs as good as any QB in teh country.

Grothe gets knocked around for being strictly a runnig QB, but he makes a lot of really good NFL throws that he doesnt get enough credit for. He isnt this spread/option Qb that so many people label him as. He is a lot like Doug Flutie with a Brett Favre mentality on the field.

This program is goign to be comeptitive every year in the BIg East from now on. They are getting a ton of talent from around the area, and its really paying off. Im not too sure baout the recruiting class this year, but I know one guy they got out of Tampa was 4-star DE Ryne Giddens. He is the best recruit USF has ever got, and is goign to be REALLY good. USF actually stole him away from Florida. He was the #2 DE in the nation according to rivals.com. i watched him a couple times last year and he was a monster in one of the best high school programs in the country. As a junior he had 21 sacks. I think he might be bette rthan George Selvie when all is said and done

LOL

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 03, 2009, 10:24:42 PM

LOL

whats funny?

He's selling a program to a fan

LFO

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 03, 2009, 11:07:32 PM

LOL

whats funny?

I know, just thinking...he'd make a great used car salesman. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 03, 2009, 11:11:34 PM

LOL

whats funny?

you're not allowed to talk up programs other than ... you know ....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 03, 2009, 11:15:22 PM

LOL

whats funny?

Is that what I said or even implied?  Or is that what you wanted to infer from me laughing?

He can say what he wants.....obviously, and he did.  But I think I have the right to laugh just as well.  It's a beautiful thing......

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 03, 2009, 11:17:24 PM

LOL

whats funny?

Is that what I said or even implied? Or is that what you wanted to infer from me laughing?

He can say what he wants.....obviously, and he did. But I think I have the right to laugh just as well. It's a beautiful thing......

and I have the right to comment .. so on and so on ....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 03, 2009, 11:22:39 PM

LOL

whats funny?

Is that what I said or even implied? Or is that what you wanted to infer from me laughing?

He can say what he wants.....obviously, and he did. But I think I have the right to laugh just as well. It's a beautiful thing......

The difference is, you implied that I was saying something I wasn't, whereas I just laughed and said the dude would make a good salesman. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2009, 12:07:35 AM

LOL

whats funny?

The difference is, you implied that I was saying something I wasn't, whereas I just laughed and said the dude would make a good salesman.

no I "implied" what most people around here know ... and I have the right to comment anyway I see fit .... just like you ... it's a message board remember .....

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 04, 2009, 01:06:22 PM

WA WA WA!!! What does this have to do with my thread? Stop loitering.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools