Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 04, 2009, 01:20:55 PM

WA WA WA!!! What does this have to do with my thread? Stop loitering.

nothing .. that was kind of my point in a round about way ... Leavitt hired a new DC last night ...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 04, 2009, 07:26:55 PM

USF is a fun program to follow, fast defense and an offense that loves to go downfield. Athletes all over the place. They are also very undisciplined, commit a ton of penalties and turn the ball over constantly. They have 3 or 4 really talented RBs, but in the last 2 years they have failed to give any of them consistent carris. Instead opting to make 5'6 walk on Benjamin Williams the starter since he blocks well and knows the offense. Benjamin WIlliams was a good story, but he lacked talent. So we had no running game, otehr than our QB Grothe who runs as good as any QB in teh country.

Grothe gets knocked around for being strictly a runnig QB, but he makes a lot of really good NFL throws that he doesnt get enough credit for. He isnt this spread/option Qb that so many people label him as. He is a lot like Doug Flutie with a Brett Favre mentality on the field.

This program is goign to be comeptitive every year in the BIg East from now on. They are getting a ton of talent from around the area, and its really paying off. Im not too sure baout the recruiting class this year, but I know one guy they got out of Tampa was 4-star DE Ryne Giddens. He is the best recruit USF has ever got, and is goign to be REALLY good. USF actually stole him away from Florida. He was the #2 DE in the nation according to rivals.com. i watched him a couple times last year and he was a monster in one of the best high school programs in the country. As a junior he had 21 sacks. I think he might be bette rthan George Selvie when all is said and done

LOL

whats funny?

He's selling a program to a fan

you're not allowed to talk up programs other than ... you know ....

Is that what I said or even implied? Or is that what you wanted to infer from me laughing?

He can say what he wants.....obviously, and he did. But I think I have the right to laugh just as well. It's a beautiful thing......

and I have the right to comment .. so on and so on ....

The difference is, you implied that I was saying something I wasn't, whereas I just laughed and said the dude would make a good salesman.

no I "implied" what most people around here know ... and I have the right to comment anyway I see fit .... just like you ... it's a message board remember .....

What "people around here know?"

LOL.

You are about as much of a joke as him.

You can talk about whomever you want, just as I can.  Only difference is I don't cry if you do.....

Weird how you get a hard on because I laughed at what he said and said he'd make a great salesman.  Not sure what that has to do with UF, or me saying you can't talk about other programs.  You can talk about whatever program you want, and I can discuss them as well.  I must have missed the part where I or anyone else said otherwise.  Just because I or someone else disagrees with a comment about any particular program, does not mean they or I am saying you can't talk about them.  This is a board with many different people who are fans of many different teams.  If you can't handle anyone talking about your particular team, don't talk.  At the very least have a discussion or argue your point, rather than just say "you're not allowed to talk up programs other than ... you know .... "  Nobody said that nor implied it nor anything else close to it.  That was just an asinine comment.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 04, 2009, 08:12:20 PM

LOL

LFO

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2009, 08:35:19 PM

LOL

What, you're not allowed to criticize other programs unless you are a fan of...you know....  ?

;)

It's all good man.  I was laughing at his pitch..sounded like a used car salesman.  Nothing wrong with that, lighten up. 

People are dying in the bay, and the Bucs are making curious moves/non-moves.  Much more to worry about than me laughing at his "pitch."

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 05, 2009, 10:28:48 AM

USF is a fun program to follow, fast defense and an offense that loves to go downfield. Athletes all over the place. They are also very undisciplined, commit a ton of penalties and turn the ball over constantly. They have 3 or 4 really talented RBs, but in the last 2 years they have failed to give any of them consistent carris. Instead opting to make 5'6 walk on Benjamin Williams the starter since he blocks well and knows the offense. Benjamin WIlliams was a good story, but he lacked talent. So we had no running game, otehr than our QB Grothe who runs as good as any QB in teh country.

Grothe gets knocked around for being strictly a runnig QB, but he makes a lot of really good NFL throws that he doesnt get enough credit for. He isnt this spread/option Qb that so many people label him as. He is a lot like Doug Flutie with a Brett Favre mentality on the field.

This program is goign to be comeptitive every year in the BIg East from now on. They are getting a ton of talent from around the area, and its really paying off. Im not too sure baout the recruiting class this year, but I know one guy they got out of Tampa was 4-star DE Ryne Giddens. He is the best recruit USF has ever got, and is goign to be REALLY good. USF actually stole him away from Florida. He was the #2 DE in the nation according to rivals.com. i watched him a couple times last year and he was a monster in one of the best high school programs in the country. As a junior he had 21 sacks. I think he might be bette rthan George Selvie when all is said and done

LOL

whats funny?

He's selling a program to a fan

I know, just thinking...he'd make a great used car salesman. 

He was pretty honest in highlighting the good AND the bad ... The only statement he made that had a used car feel to it was "This program is goign to be comeptitive every year in the BIg East from now on" .... You would hope that to be true but it's not a given... and he should have mentioned Grothe's propensity for throwing picks that needs to be cleaned up this final year for him.

#20 : March 27, 2009, 11:50:25 AM

I mentioned that USF turns the ball over CONSTANTLY. Thats one of the first things I said. Im not suggesting Grothe is a legit NFL prospect at QB, he just doesnt get enough credit for some of the things he can do with his arm, and for his willingness to continue looking down field to make a pass when things break down.

I dont see how Im wrong about USF competing in the Big East. I think the BE has a lot of good programs on the upswing, but nobody should be able to out recruit USF by wide margins anymore. In fact, USF might be able to out recruit the entire conference in any given year because of a combination between the way theyve become a respectable D1 program and the area they have the benefit of recruiting out of

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 28, 2009, 12:39:35 AM

USF pulled in their best recruiting class ever this year.  A top 25 class loaded with speed.  Ryne Giddens is of course the gem of the class, but the class is very deep. 

They finally fired Greg Gregory, our offensive coordinator, and promoted Mike Canales as the new OC from WR's coach.  So far the offensive guys are raving about Canales' offense during spring practices.

They hired Jim Tressey as the new defensive coordinator.  He was the DC at Cincinnati the past few years and really had our number.  So I am glad to finally not have to face him anymore.

One of the best hires of the offseason in the coaching staff is David Blackwell as the LB's coach.  He was the LB's coach at Clemson and we offered him $20K more per year ($160K instead of $140K) to take the same role with USF.  The guy is a great recruiter.  He has received all kinds of accolades in the ACC as one of the top recruiters in the conference and Rivals.com rated him the #3 recruiter in the nation last year.  His recruiting ties are in Jacksonville and Miami.  2 areas we hit pretty hard every year. 

I hope that helps Swashbuccaler.  I am an alum, donor, season ticket holder...and just plain USF football fanatic.  So if you have any questions feel free to ask.  I love talking Bulls football and recruiting.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=8&yr=2009

That link will take you to the 2009 recruiting class if your are interested in checking out some of the baby Bulls.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 02, 2009, 11:44:02 AM

I dont see how Im wrong about USF competing in the Big East. I think the BE has a lot of good programs on the upswing, but nobody should be able to out recruit USF by wide margins anymore. In fact, USF might be able to out recruit the entire conference in any given year because of a combination between the way theyve become a respectable D1 program and the area they have the benefit of recruiting out of

The only point I was trying to make was that you said USF IS "going to be comeptitive every year in the BIg East from now on" and I think that should read "should" be competitive because nothing is a given these days ...... and I do agree 100% about the recruiting. It has taken them a little bit of time to build up some steam in the recruiting dept, which is only natural, but this year's class SHOULD be the start of a real good thing.

To me, every Florida school should always be in the top 5 recruiting, if not higher, in their respective conferences because of the wealth of talent in our state ...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 02, 2009, 05:08:31 PM

To me, every Florida school should always be in the top 5 recruiting, if not higher, in their respective conferences because of the wealth of talent in our state ...

USF and some of the other Florida schools do have a slight disadvantage in that they require their students to take their own tests.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 02, 2009, 06:37:32 PM

USF and some of the other Florida schools do have a slight disadvantage in that they require their students to take their own tests.

zing

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 03, 2009, 03:42:45 PM

Yeah, but not write their own papers ....   ;)

#26 : April 13, 2009, 03:15:40 AM

lame. the same level  of cheating guys on among every campus filled with D1 players who think they are in school to be athletes. Every school has it

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#27 : May 07, 2009, 08:35:30 AM

I got 20 bucks that says in 2010 USF will piss all over the swamp.
Stop drinking all that hatorade.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 07, 2009, 11:28:54 PM

I got 20 bucks that says in 2010 USF will piss all over the swamp.
Stop drinking all that hatorade.

I got 20 bucks that says USF will beat UM

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 08, 2009, 01:10:42 AM

USF pulled in their best recruiting class ever this year.  A top 25 class loaded with speed.  Ryne Giddens is of course the gem of the class, but the class is very deep. 

They finally fired Greg Gregory, our offensive coordinator, and promoted Mike Canales as the new OC from WR's coach.  So far the offensive guys are raving about Canales' offense during spring practices.

They hired Jim Tressey as the new defensive coordinator.  He was the DC at Cincinnati the past few years and really had our number.  So I am glad to finally not have to face him anymore.

One of the best hires of the offseason in the coaching staff is David Blackwell as the LB's coach.  He was the LB's coach at Clemson and we offered him $20K more per year ($160K instead of $140K) to take the same role with USF.  The guy is a great recruiter.  He has received all kinds of accolades in the ACC as one of the top recruiters in the conference and Rivals.com rated him the #3 recruiter in the nation last year.  His recruiting ties are in Jacksonville and Miami.  2 areas we hit pretty hard every year. 

I hope that helps Swashbuccaler.  I am an alum, donor, season ticket holder...and just plain USF football fanatic.  So if you have any questions feel free to ask.  I love talking Bulls football and recruiting.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=8&yr=2009

That link will take you to the 2009 recruiting class if your are interested in checking out some of the baby Bulls.

Very Nice post. Good information between you and Ronde.

USF is a young program that reminds me of the lightning in a bottle that Bobby Bowden caught in the late 70's early 80's.

They are in a fun conference and the upgrades to the coaching staff have been pretty solid. I especially like the new DC.

and it's ok to switch from Miami - they only draw fans when they win...they haven't done that in a while...

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools