Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Caliber of Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

redtab78

Pro Bowler
: January 23, 2007, 03:05:16 PM

good catch, didnt even dawn on me......gonna change the title now!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#1 : January 23, 2007, 03:06:39 PM

good catch, didnt even dawn on me......gonna change the title now!!!

Yeah...I'll edit that other post.  Didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I actually agree with you on every count.

I do think JG needs to produce this year, though.

I AM excited.

#2 : January 23, 2007, 03:02:35 PM

I found the "caliper" of Jon Gruden:

http://www.southalabama.edu/physics/lab_setup/ph114_201/caliper%20(Small).jpg

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

;)

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#3 : January 23, 2007, 02:59:22 PM

As Im reading a PR article about Gruden, I realize something......there is alot to say about his caliber of coaching.  Not only did he come into TB and get us a SB victory, but all the coaches that have worked around him have gone on to become other HC's.   I think this says alot about his mentoring abilities, and the type of person he is.

I, for one, have read his Book, "Do You Love Football", and found it to be a good look at where he came from.  And I have also been a Gruden supporter, of course my Bucs come first though.  If he was to move on to another teram and we got a different HC, I would also support that person as well, but im feeling like Jon deserves a little more credit then I think alot of you give him.....

Shag

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 23, 2007, 03:07:29 PM

As Im reading a PR article about Gruden, I realize something......there is alot to say about his caliber of coaching.  Not only did he come into TB and get us a SB victory, but all the coaches that have worked around him have gone on to become other HC's.   I think this says alot about his mentoring abilities, and the type of person he is.

I don't see anybody going after our offensive coaches. Most of those other guys worked with him and not for him.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 23, 2007, 03:13:52 PM

I don't see anybody going after our offensive coaches. Most of those other guys worked with him and not for him.

the way I see it, and its just my opinion, is that to be an effective Mentor, you cant have the people work for you......

let me break it down like this:

Im in the military, so I mentor junior people all the time every day.  the only people I dont mentor are the personell assigned under my division, I mentor outside the division......we all work for the same command, and do the same task's though.

I CAN mentor my personel, but it is not as effective as mentoring other people's junior troops, they will tell you things going on in thier job, that they dont wanna say in front of thier direct leadership.......that will intell me to go to thier leader and ask what is going on without any one person being pointed out, kinda to correct the situation ect, ect.

point is, the people who have work AROUND him, have came out to be better people...

you dont see people leaving his regime and not going any where, they all go on to bigger better places!!!

make sense?

Shag

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 23, 2007, 03:26:13 PM

you dont see people leaving his regime and not going any where, they all go on to bigger better places!!!

make sense?

Not really. Maybe if you were talking about Kiffin it would though.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 23, 2007, 03:38:58 PM

It absolutely makes sense because of the sensitive nature of those under you taking coaching versus coaching men who do not have the same vulnerability to the coach.  It's kind of one step removed from one's authority person.  Much easier to work with than the boss "himself". 

Gruden is very well respected around the league as a coach in spite of his disappointing apres Super Bowl.  And I think QBs salivate over him as much as he does them.  Likes attracting likes..

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#8 : January 23, 2007, 03:58:39 PM

Don't you mean Dungys coaches?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 23, 2007, 03:59:35 PM

I think you have gotten a little confused.  The coaches who were under Dungy have gone on to be HC, they just were still here in Tampa when Gruden was hired. 
It doesn't really matter what Mr. Gruden has done in the past.  The man needs to start winning in Tampa or he will be seeking employment elsewhere.  I sure hope Jerry Jones tries to go after him.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 23, 2007, 04:16:46 PM

Precisely. You don't see teams knocking down the doors of Muir, Kromer, Middleton, Mann... etc. Gruden deserves no credit for any of the defensive coaches promotions to higher positions on other teams. If anything, I'd bet each one is glad to escape the neglect Gruden has shown towards the defense...

Makes me respect Monte even more than I already do for hanging in there..

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#11 : January 23, 2007, 04:53:24 PM

Precisely. You don't see teams knocking down the doors of Muir, Kromer, Middleton, Mann... etc. Gruden deserves no credit for any of the defensive coaches promotions to higher positions on other teams. If anything, I'd bet each one is glad to escape the neglect Gruden has shown towards the defense...

so Gruden has no say so in the offense? he dosent make decisions in the pre-season on the direction he wants the deffense to go?  does he not guide is players?  i mean he is the HEAD COACH.....

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#12 : January 23, 2007, 04:54:37 PM

dont get me wrong, Im all about the wins.......all Im saying is there is a lot to be said about his character and moral

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 23, 2007, 04:55:38 PM

ummmmm no I ment Grudens coaches..........Dungy's coaches are in Indy, which I could care less about....(in case you didnt get that memo)

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : January 23, 2007, 05:23:20 PM

ummmmm no I ment Grudens coaches..........Dungy's coaches are in Indy, which I could care less about....(in case you didnt get that memo)

But the coaches HE brought in are the ones that have gone on to bigger and better things... Gruden coaches have gone nowhere except back to being college ST Coordinators.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Caliber of Jon Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools