Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Caliber of Jon Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 23, 2007, 05:25:43 PM

Don't you mean Dungys coaches?

ummmmm no I ment Grudens coaches..........Dungy's coaches are in Indy, which I could care less about....(in case you didnt get that memo)

But the coaches HE brought in are the ones that have gone on to bigger and better things... Gruden coaches have gone nowhere except back to being college ST Coordinators.

but if you go back and re-read the original post, i said coaches that worked AROUND Gruden have went on to bigger and better things........and besides 4that didnt he take his choice in Indy, HIS coaches could have went there......

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 23, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Another Gruden thread turned into Pro Dungy/Gruden bashing. Ho hum.

In Verner We Trust

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 23, 2007, 05:40:59 PM

Another Gruden thread turned into Pro Dungy/Gruden bashing. Ho hum.

not really.....some valid points are here..........although they have been made 234,628,990 times already....

this did start out as just an admiring thread of his protege's though

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 23, 2007, 05:46:43 PM

As Im reading a PR article about Gruden, I realize something......there is alot to say about his caliber of coaching.  Not only did he come into TB and get us a SB victory, but all the coaches that have worked around him have gone on to become other HC's.   I think this says alot about his mentoring abilities, and the type of person he is.

I, for one, have read his Book, "Do You Love Football", and found it to be a good look at where he came from.  And I have also been a Gruden supporter, of course my Bucs come first though.  If he was to move on to another teram and we got a different HC, I would also support that person as well, but im feeling like Jon deserves a little more credit then I think alot of you give him.....

Sorry which offensive coaches have gone on to be HC's? Monte Kiffin is the mentor you're thinking of.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#19 : January 23, 2007, 05:48:39 PM

Tomlin, Marinelli, Barry, Edwards, Smith ect.. they were Dungy's guys.. Not Grudens.

Who of Grudens assistants ever made it big?

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 23, 2007, 05:49:24 PM

Tomlin, Marinelli, Barry, Edwards, Smith ect.. they were Dungy's guys.. Not Grudens.

Who of Grudens assistants ever made it big?

none of them ever worked with JG?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#21 : January 23, 2007, 05:51:50 PM

They were only around cause Bruce  refused to let them go.. Evrn Dennis Green said last night that he wanted Tomlin to be his DC in Arizona in 04 but Gruden refused to let him. Tomlin was a DB coach at the time. That is the stuff that prevents you from luring QUALITY coaches.

#22 : January 23, 2007, 05:56:53 PM

Bill Callahan OC-HC
Bresnahan (sp?) DB coach to DC now DC with Bengals
Kyle Shanahan former Offensive Quality Control Coach to WR Coach and QB Coach with Texans

(credit to BF4L)

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 23, 2007, 06:02:14 PM

this thread makes no sense

#24 : January 23, 2007, 06:03:55 PM

You asked for 'who of Gruden's ever made it big'

Bill Callahan OC-HC
Kyle Shanahan former Offensive Quality Control Coach to WR Coach and QB Coach with Texans

(credit to BF4L)

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#25 : January 23, 2007, 06:24:11 PM

sue it does, it started out as a comment on the ability that Jon Gruden has to inspire, train and mentor junior coaches thread......

it turned in to a...
WE hate gruden, those are Dungy's boys, and a gruden cant do crap....thread...

I guess I should have thought about the outcome of comments before I posted.....BUT...I didnt, so we're stck with what we have.

now back to the beginig.......JG may not be the best coach in the league, he may not be the most liked......BUT he is one of the most thought of, especially when it comes to development of personel

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#26 : January 23, 2007, 06:25:17 PM

You asked for 'who of Gruden's ever made it big'

Bill Callahan OC-HC

(credit to BF4L)

[banghead] [banghead] Callahan was given the HC role by default in Oakland. Lost the SB then was fired the year after.
and Who are those other guys any way.. their nobodys.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 23, 2007, 06:28:09 PM

Update:  Callahan is head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#28 : January 23, 2007, 06:30:26 PM

sue it does, it started out as a comment on the ability that Jon Gruden has to inspire, train and mentor junior coaches thread......

it turned in to a...
WE hate gruden, those are Dungy's boys, and a gruden cant do crap....thread...

I guess I should have thought about the outcome of comments before I posted.....BUT...I didnt, so we're stck with what we have.

now back to the beginig.......JG may not be the best coach in the league, he may not be the most liked......BUT he is one of the most thought of, especially when it comes to development of personel

Im not bashing Gruden. I feel he is a great coach.  I feel his approach has gone stale with this team resulting in a lack of motivation. I also feel the policies of BA not allowing other coaches to seek promotion has made the Bucs a team NOT to go to if you are a good quality coach. These are my opinions.  

Train, inspire, and motivate young coaches? Who? When? Where?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#29 : January 23, 2007, 06:31:03 PM

Update: Callahan is head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

And they suck!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Caliber of Jon Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools