Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The most expendable Buc for the best draft pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

: January 23, 2007, 05:26:50 PM

;D Ok all you General manager want a beees who could we afford to trade for a 1st or 2nd round draft pick in the up coming draft and what team could be interested in your suggested trades

#1 : January 23, 2007, 05:32:33 PM

I do not want bees, no thank you.

#2 : January 23, 2007, 05:38:45 PM

names and order don't matter .but a second and 3rd for Kelly and Rice.....of course I'd rather both as Bucs the next 2-3 years, new contracts in hand

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 23, 2007, 07:44:47 PM

Simeon Rice 3rd Rounder
Brian Kelly 3-4th Rounder
Kenyatta Walker 7th Rounder

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#4 : January 23, 2007, 07:59:02 PM

Simeon Rice for a mid-late 2nd or early-mid 3rd.

psymun

Starter
#5 : January 23, 2007, 08:15:41 PM

if we traded a 6th for cornell green... i hope we could get more than a 7th for KW...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 23, 2007, 08:23:09 PM

if we traded a 6th for cornell green... i hope we could get more than a 7th for KW...

I don't think we can get anything at all for KW.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 24, 2007, 09:00:45 AM

Unsigned FA for Karen (jk)  ::)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 24, 2007, 09:24:33 AM

If Kelly checks out I think he'd have the best mix of contract, age and productivity but I'm not sure he's expendable in terms of us winning since our secondary doesn't have much in the way of depth. Rice is another popular choice but, again, we saw how bad the line was w/o him so I'm not sure how expendable he is as the roster stands right now plus age/salary and injury weight against his value.

To get expendable you have to find someone we can afford to lose and that is tough because have a lot of "good" news going on. Any of the OL is expendable because they're not that good but they have no value for the same reason. WR obviously we've got one player and the rest have no value. TE, no value. RB is our deepest spot but I don't know that Pittman is gonna generate much in the way of a day 1 pick. QB, Simms might be our most "tradeable" asset since he's signed, fairly cheap, has some upside and his loss doesn't hurt us much but again I think he's an R4 type player not even day 1. On defense Ellis Wyms might be valuable but can you afford to lose him? Hovan likely has some good value, NT is a low value position in our scheme so it is easier to replace. He might have the best ROI on a trade front. Our LB's are too old to catch much value.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 24, 2007, 10:10:25 AM

Dalbuc I agree with you. In order to trade away our astablished players we have to develope young drated players to come up through our system. That is where I believe Gruden weekness lies. Player development. Which is why Gruden does better in free agentcy Gruden can evaluate experience developed players and plug them into his system. Gruden needs to focuse on player development.

#10 : January 24, 2007, 11:50:35 AM

;D Ok all you General manager want a beees who could we afford to trade for a 1st or 2nd round draft pick in the up coming draft and what team could be interested in your suggested trades

2nd rounder-package Rice and our 2nd 2nd rounder to Detroit for their 2nd round pick...esentially its a win win for both teams. We get the #1 pick in the second round. They get Simeon Rice and worst case senerio drop to the bottom of the second round. They also get Rice who will play well under Rod and dont really lose much for the person they would have took at 2nd round #1

Really thas all I see at a high level the rest would be  3-6 round picks

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2007, 11:54:01 AM

Simeon Rice 3rd Rounder

Why trade Kenyatta?  He has a reasonable contract next year, knows the system, can push Trueblood, and is insurance against injury.

#12 : January 24, 2007, 11:56:31 AM

Simeon Rice 3rd Rounder

Why trade Kenyatta? He has a reasonable contract next year, knows the system, can push Trueblood, and is insurance against injury.

If we get The OT free agent from Arizona Yatta becomes lost in the fold

#13 : January 24, 2007, 12:00:30 PM

Nothing against Jamie Winborn, but, if we get a WLB in FA, why not shop him for a 4th rounder?

Shag

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 24, 2007, 12:02:24 PM

Nothing against Jamie Winborn, but, if we get a WLB in FA, why not shop him for a 4th rounder?

Because he has no value.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The most expendable Buc for the best draft pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools