Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The most expendable Buc for the best draft pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#15 : January 24, 2007, 12:07:45 PM

If we can get a 2nd for booger, tha we shold get a 2d for Rice.  I would trade Rice to the lions for Rodgers.  The Lions aare fat on DT.

#16 : January 24, 2007, 11:01:28 PM

Simeon Rice 3rd Rounder
Brian Kelly 3-4th Rounder
Kenyatta Walker 7th Rounder

Why trade Kenyatta? He has a reasonable contract next year, knows the system, can push Trueblood, and is insurance against injury.

If we get The OT free agent from Arizona Yatta becomes lost in the fold

Why would you want to lose some decent depth with Walker ? You don't get rid of a former starter like Walker for a 7th. I think Green goes first.

norwichsmog

Rookie
#17 : January 24, 2007, 11:55:08 PM

What is everyones prob with Kelly? he is the best CB on our team when he is injured
it shows in our record,stats ect. Kelly may be getting older but he is still the best choice at CB for our system!.Now Rice we can afford to deal and we could probably get the Colts 1st rd pick, cos Dungy still has a hard on for him.(I say this only if Freeney  leaves)Or maybe Marinelli will take him for a second rd from the Lions.
Millen is the kind of moron that might trade for a high pick.               
 [banghead]  Stop the Kelly hating!

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#18 : January 24, 2007, 11:59:56 PM

For God sake just get rid of kenyatta and detriots 2nd round pick would be great for rice

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 25, 2007, 12:15:29 AM

Thank you Norwich but it all depends on his toe. But he is by far the best true cover corner on this team and he is cheap, cheap, cheap. All the talk of trying to land Samuel or Clements. Hello we have him and for much much less. Kelly has 2 years remaining on his contract and we have him at least this year on the very cheap. The guy if healthy is every bit as good as the two mentioned above and costs half if not more of what they will demand on the open market. Kelly is the only guy on the Bucs roster that can be completely left on an island and defend the pass. Hands down it is not even a competition. Morris the new DB coach recently said Kelly is expected back at full strength this year. Why the hell would anyone trade him when we have seen what our secondary is without him and he is very affordable.

The guy can flat out play-- Partner him with Ronde-- re-sign Buchannon at nickel and depth. Zemaitis becomes the dime guy and the depth to sit back and learn and then maybe in a year you think about a trade while Kelly has a year left on his deal and has value. For me that is a formidable DB corp. Now just shore up the safetry position and IMO that means Phillips has to go-- IMO as bad as Allen played he still has upside-- Allen has shown some brilliance-- IMO Phillips has never shown more than he may be good depth but he is not starting material.

Back to topic-- trade Rice-- he still has value and I am sure we can find a damn good DE for less than 9mil per. Trade Rice for their #2 or one of their DT's. Lions are very interested and Marinelli would love to have Rice-- so lets see what they are willing to part with for him. Personally I am tired of Rice's inconsistency for such a huge paycheck.

psymun

Starter
#20 : January 25, 2007, 12:32:13 AM

Umm... Kelly has 1 year left on his contract and he is 31... Our BEST cover corner is Phillip Buchanon, and we should make a good push to re-sign him, and if we are able to land Asante Samuel... Kelly would be VERY expendable... Samuel, by the way, is from Ft. Lauderdale, this will be his first chance to come back to Florida, and he might take it... say a 7 yr. 50 mil contract?

Kelly could then be traded to the Steelers... They need cornerback help, and guess who their new head coach is?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 25, 2007, 12:56:40 AM

Umm... according to recent articles Kelly has 2 years left.

Kelly ready to begin recovery after surgery fixes turf toe - 11/02/2006
Source: St. Petersburg Times

Cornerback Brian Kelly, whose season ended when he was placed on injured reserve last week, had successful surgery on a turf toe injury that had limited him to two games. The procedure was performed at UCLA Medical Center by the physician who operated on then-Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal when he had the same injury in 2002, according to agent Gary Uberstine's office. Kelly's recovery is expected to take three months. Kelly, 30, citing concerns for his future, refused to postpone his surgery until after the season despite the team's urging that he play through the injury. The ninth-year player out of Southern Cal has two years remaining on his contract, with base salaries of $2.6-million and $3.2-million.

And Buchannon is not our best cover corner-- hell he hasn't even proven he can start for this team yet. The only thing he has shown is a few flashes here. He is a good cover corner when he is on his game and defintiely showed enough to be re-signed and to battle in TC. But he has proven nothing here and lets not forget he was cut from his last team because he wasn't doing too damn much there.

And while were at it you just proposed a 7+mil/yr contract on Samuel when we have Kelly for a third of that. Sure Kelly is older but doesn't that give us the time to develop Buchannon and Zemaitis to our system. If Kelly comes back healthy which is the if he is a very solid CB.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 25, 2007, 10:53:31 AM

Excuse me for a moment lets get a reality check here!
1st of all Buchannon did not have an offseason or a training camp to get aquainter to the Tampa 2 system. The same system that Kelly had 2-3 years to learn before Kelly cracked into the starting line up.

2nd Houston who cut Buchannon spent a lot to get him. Also Houston was paying him a lot of money. Houston runs a totaly different Defence then Buccaneers so Buchannon  might not have been a good fit. Also Houston passed on drafting Reggie. I think that alone is enough said.

3rd Buchannon now has a great coach here at the Buccaneers Buchannon was incredable at UM and he is going to be the next great Buccaneers CB I watched him at UM he will help at run support. He has the ability to be better then Kelley by far

psymun

Starter
#23 : January 25, 2007, 10:59:07 AM

Cornerback Brian Kelly, whose season ended when he was placed on injured reserve last week, had successful surgery on a turf toe injury that had limited him to two games. The procedure was performed at UCLA Medical Center by the physician who operated on then-Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal when he had the same injury in 2002, according to agent Gary Uberstine's office. Kelly's recovery is expected to take three months. Kelly, 30, citing concerns for his future, refused to postpone his surgery until after the season despite the team's urging that he play through the injury. The ninth-year player out of Southern Cal has two years remaining on his contract, with base salaries of $2.6-million and $3.2-million.

And Buchannon is not our best cover corner-- hell he hasn't even proven he can start for this team yet. The only thing he has shown is a few flashes here. He is a good cover corner when he is on his game and defintiely showed enough to be re-signed and to battle in TC. But he has proven nothing here and lets not forget he was cut from his last team because he wasn't doing too damn much there.

And while were at it you just proposed a 7+mil/yr contract on Samuel when we have Kelly for a third of that. Sure Kelly is older but doesn't that give us the time to develop Buchannon and Zemaitis to our system. If Kelly comes back healthy which is the if he is a very solid CB.

Here's how this works... sign Buchanon to a 5 yr. contract and Samuels to a 7 yr. contract... Ronde Barber will probably retire in the next 2-4 years, that will give us 2 VERY good corners to work with...

Alan Zemaitis could then become the nickle, if he hasn't already played himself into FS...

I for one, don't want to wait until later to fill positions the way the Bucs have done in the past...

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 25, 2007, 11:05:23 AM

Please no more trades of vets for draft picks. I would like an old player for new. If we could trade Rice for a younger veteren player but #rd rounders are still a big crap shoot.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 25, 2007, 11:16:43 AM

Please no more trades of vets for draft picks. I would like an old player for new. If we could trade Rice for a younger veteren player but #rd rounders are still a big crap shoot.

It would have been nice to get something for McCardell.

original

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 25, 2007, 11:51:19 AM

Like Larry Johnson?  I still can't believe we didn't go for that trade.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 25, 2007, 11:57:49 AM

Like Larry Johnson? I still can't believe we didn't go for that trade.

Who would want that crybaby?
 [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#28 : January 25, 2007, 12:16:05 PM

Agree, Why all the hate for Kelly, his are best cover corner.  He has 2 years left on his contract at a great price.  Kelly on the open market wood get 5 million a year.  The only problem is Kell might hold out.  Thats why you have to sign PB so you have leverage against Kelly.

CB Barber
CB Kelly
NC PB
DC Z-man

If Kelly holds out you still have JB   

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 25, 2007, 12:25:17 PM

Kelly needs to man up about his contract.
He got a fair contract at the time.
I have yet to see a player give back a portion of his signing bonuse because he did not live up to his value: AKA Vick.
Kelly I got a question when is it enough money.
Your cost of living for you and the family is not more then 120,000 a year take the rest of the money, save and invest.

Kelly needs perspective
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The most expendable Buc for the best draft pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools