Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The most expendable Buc for the best draft pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

« #30 : January 25, 2007, 01:23:11 PM »

Please no more trades of vets for draft picks. I would like an old player for new. If we could trade Rice for a younger veteren player but #rd rounders are still a big crap shoot.

It would have been nice to get something for McCardell.

Like Larry Johnson? I still can't believe we didn't go for that trade.

Who would want that crybaby?
 [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

I would much rather have a 1500 yard crybaby than a 600 yard guy who constantly has a red cross next to him

« #31 : January 25, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »

Please no more trades of vets for draft picks. I would like an old player for new. If we could trade Rice for a younger veteren player but #rd rounders are still a big crap shoot.

It would have been nice to get something for McCardell.

Like Larry Johnson? I still can't believe we didn't go for that trade.

Who would want that crybaby?
 [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

I would much rather have a 1500 yard crybaby than a 600 yard guy who constantly has a red cross next to him
600? If you're talking about Caddy you're way off base.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #32 : January 25, 2007, 01:35:11 PM »

Only by about 200.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #33 : January 25, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »

The most expendable Buc?  Is there such a thing? (snickers)

« #34 : January 26, 2007, 12:46:33 PM »

Only by about 200.
I didn't mean the numbers. Caddy is not the type of back that will only get around 600 yards, if you make him your feature back he can get 1000+

« #35 : January 26, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »

Can anyone provide a link to the contention that we could have traded McCardell to KC for LJ?
Sounds like an urban myth to me. Any links to PFT or other unnamed "league sources" will be regarded as "agent speak", so bring something with teeth.
I believe PR had an article about that.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #36 : January 26, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »

Clearing up some misinformation in this thread.

We acquired Cornell Green this year as a free agent after he was released by Denver.

We acquired a third and a sixth round pick for McCardell. So indeed we did get something for him.

Can anyone provide a link to the contention that we could have traded McCardell to KC for LJ?
Sounds like an urban myth to me. Any links to PFT or other unnamed "league sources" will be regarded as "agent speak", so bring something with teeth. 

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #37 : January 26, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »

We acquired a third and a sixth round pick for McCardell. So indeed we did get something for him.

What was the end result of the trade with McCardell?  Would you consider that good value?

« #38 : January 26, 2007, 01:25:13 PM »

Clearing up some misinformation in this thread.

We acquired Cornell Green this year as a free agent after he was released by Denver.

Right, but the subject was trading Walker for a 7th which is not a smart move if you want to keep some depth on that line. That means you cut Green just as Denver did.....he's not worth  anything  in a trade.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #39 : January 26, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

What was the end result of the trade with McCardell?  Would you consider that good value?

Looks like Chris Colmer and either Anthony Bryant or Brackins or Luke McCown. If it was McCown, the trade still has a chance at redemption. If he busts out, then we screwed the pooch royally.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

« #40 : January 26, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »

I really don't understand all this BK trade talk. The guy is a solid cover corner. Besides aren't we going to sign Nate Clements as a FA.
Next years secondary will be tight.
CB - Barber
CB -  N. Clements
NC - PB
DC - Big Z
FS - BK
SS - Rookie or FA pickup

The one area that we need to completely change is the secondary.

bench both safety's
move BK to FS
Cut Bolden and Cox - they can't cover or tackle.

You can't run Cover @ without good safety's.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #41 : January 26, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »

Lets not forget we got a million back as well

What was the end result of the trade with McCardell?  Would you consider that good value?

Looks like Chris Colmer and either Anthony Bryant or Brackins or Luke McCown. If it was McCown, the trade still has a chance at redemption. If he busts out, then we screwed the pooch royally.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #42 : January 26, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »

By Mark Maske
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 1, 2004; 12:15 PM

Keenan McCardell's representatives say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rejected a proposed trade this week that would have sent the holdout wide receiver to the Kansas City Chiefs for tailback Larry Johnson.

The Chiefs reportedly have shopped Johnson to the Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys. Johnson, a first-round draft choice last year, has been disenchanted being stuck behind Priest Holmes (and now Derrick Blaylock as well) on the depth chart. He doesn't have a carry or a catch this season and last week he objected to Coach **CENSORED** Vermeil saying that Johnson would have to "take the diaper off" to play.

The Chiefs need help at wide receiver, and a Johnson-McCardell trade makes sense for both sides because the Buccaneers just lost tailback Charlie Garner to a season-ending knee injury. But the Buccaneers have tailback Michael Pittman returning from a suspension this week, and team officials have been adamant that they won't renegotiate McCardell's contract or accommodate his request to be traded or released. He has two seasons remaining on his contract for salaries totaling $5.25 million, but wants a raise of nearly $2 million per season and has said in recent weeks he doesn't want to return to the Buccaneers.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #43 : January 26, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »

Keenan McCardell's representatives say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rejected a proposed trade this week that would have sent the holdout wide receiver to the Kansas City Chiefs for tailback Larry Johnson.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #44 : January 26, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Like I said, pure "agent speak", stirring the pot to try to get their client out of a perceived bad situation. Do you really think the Chiefs were "shopping" their #1 pick from a year ago for a 35 year old #2 receiver? I guarantee the Chiefs GM would have been fired on the day that trade went down. Get real.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The most expendable Buc for the best draft pick « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools