Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia: Bucs and Vikings Interested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 24, 2007, 12:42:24 PM

I'll be shocked if Garcia lands here. I think Garcia goes to Minny, they run the WC, they have the team that could get over the top, they have the rookie in Tavaris Jackson that can learn from Garcia, they have the money to spend on a 1 or maybe 2 year QB...

If Garcia comes here there is little shot to make the playoffs. This is his last hoorah and if I'm him I would like the chance to make the playoffs and I don't think we can offer that at this juncture, just MHO.

It depends on how he's motivated, what he sees in the team around him, and what kind of sell job the Bucs do on him. Remember that Garcia wanted to play for Gruden before.

That is true. Just being honest though, Minny is not far off. THey have a great defense, they have a very good OL and RB, they will more than likely add a WR on draft day, in R1. If I'm him, I take more money and a better team for my last contract. Right now we simply can't overpay him and we are not the contender the Vikings could be. The Vikings will pay a lot of money to Garcia because they have the cash and they have the young QB to sit.

Baghead #2

leomamba24

Rookie

#1 : January 24, 2007, 11:09:45 AM

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Update: Minnesota and Tampa Bay are seen as the leading candidates to sign Garcia this offseason, the Trenton Times reports.

Recommendation: There is also talk both clubs would be interested in trading for Donovan McNabb if the Eagles decide to re-sign Garcia, but that seems like a long shot at this point.
Updated on Wednesday, Jan 24, 2007 4:48 am EST

Question: 1) What would it take to get McNabb in a Buc jersey and 2) What's his current contract with the Eagles?

i think he'll be a great fit, he knows the WCO and he's only 31 years old. (injury prone though)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 24, 2007, 11:11:58 AM

From PFT:

GARCIA TO TEST THE MARKET

In a development that could go a long way toward defusing the current controversy regarding whether quarterback Donovan McNabb is unhappy with the Eagles, backup Jeff Garcia said on The Tonight Show that he plans to hit the free-agent market.

"I'll definitely be testing the waters," Garcia said, according to Don McKee of the Philadelphia Inquirer.  "I've got to see what's out there."

Our first question is this:  What the hell was Jeff Garcia doing on The Tonight Show? 

Next question:  Why is it that Eagles coach Andy Reid slapped a muzzle on McNabb, but Garcia gets a national audience?

Of course, McNabb will get a chance to talk soon enough.  As our friends Glen Macnow and Angelo Cataldi both pointed out during separate visits with them on WIP in Philly, McNabb is contractually obligated to conduct a press conference in the run-up to the Super Bowl as part of his Chunky Soup deal.  And we have a feeling that McNabb won't be asked many questions about the Tantalizin' Turkey Chili (which actually is pretty good).

Regardless of what McNabb says next week, every moment that passes without a statement from him refuting recent reports of rancor suggests that the reports are accurate -- and/or that he has no interest in backing up his head coach, Andy Reid, who attempted to throw water on the stories on Tuesday.

Our guess is that the Eagles are hoping that the next five or six weeks will pass without incident, like a guy who squeaked out a silent one in a loaded car and who prays that no one notices the smell.  The best outcome for the Eagles is for Garcia to get a significant financial offer to become the starter in Minnesota or Tampa.  Then, A.J. Feeley would rise to the No. 2 position on the depth chart, and McNabb would be able to remove whatever stick might be residing in his rectal crevice.

We used to believe that the Eagles should fairly be criticized for not signing Garcia, who arrived in 2006, to a multi-year deal.  But it now appears that, in light of the pile of poo in the middle of the living room that no one will officially acknowledge, the ability of the team to let Garcia walk away is the only way to maintain long-term love with the starting quarterback.   

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#3 : January 24, 2007, 11:13:30 AM

gruden has said that he wants a great QB not good but great is that jeff garcia?

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 24, 2007, 11:15:18 AM

What's with all the poop/rectal jokes?  Was this written by a high-schooler?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 24, 2007, 11:18:06 AM

There's a good chance he'll be a Viking. Here it'll be "you can compete for the starting job" in Minn it'll be, "here are the keys, run with it."

leomamba24

Rookie

#6 : January 24, 2007, 11:18:26 AM

Garcia isn't but McNabb is.

#7 : January 24, 2007, 11:19:35 AM

There's a good chance he'll be a Viking. Here it'll be "you can compete for the starting job" in Minn it'll be, "here are the keys, run with it."

Right or wrong, I believe it'll be the same thing here.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#8 : January 24, 2007, 11:20:29 AM

I think that we bring Garcia in let him teach Chris a thing or 2 and then see ya

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 24, 2007, 11:53:26 AM

You know what, I wouldn't mind that happening. Give him the keys for a few years and this offense will look totally different.

#10 : January 24, 2007, 11:58:51 AM

You know what, I wouldn't mind that happening. Give him the keys for a few years and this offense will look totally different.

Dude, give him the keys for a few minutes and this will be different.  :)  It probably won't happen, though.

McNabb is the real deal.  One of only two QBs all-time to have at least 100 TDs and more than double TD to INTs.  He takes care of the ball, can run and has the arm and accuracy.  If he had a playcaller who would balance the run and pass, he'd be alot more durable, too, IMO.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2007, 12:00:32 PM

Here it'll be "you can compete for the starting job"

Ummmm. Maybe not.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 24, 2007, 12:05:52 PM

Here it'll be "you can compete for the starting job"

Ummmm. Maybe not.

As in "uuummmm, no you won't compete for the starting job" or as in "ummmm, no you can walk right into the starting job and we paid your backup $5m?"

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 24, 2007, 12:07:18 PM

As in "uuummmm, no you won't compete for the starting job" or as in "ummmm, no you can walk right into the starting job and we paid your backup $5m?"

The latter, of course. The Simms contract doesn't make him the starter.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 24, 2007, 12:14:19 PM

The latter, of course. The Simms contract doesn't make him the starter.

I don't think that's the case, I really don't. Gruden wants open competition at every position, if Garcia outplays Simms in TC and preseason then he'll be the starter. The Bucs handed the job to Simms last year without competition and it ended up being a disaster. Gruden will not make that mistake again.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia: Bucs and Vikings Interested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools