Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick evidence "destroyed" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 24, 2007, 08:35:01 PM

Vick is starting to hear a lot of negativity about both his game, and his "character".  It took a few years, but I think you can fool some people for only so loooong...and his time with his homer fans is coming to a quick end.  I can't stand the guy, he can't pass worth a damn, all he has is two fast legs.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 24, 2007, 09:26:44 PM

LeeroyBuc,

That's not the problem here. It's accountability to the public. The whole thing MORE then smells...

If no crime was commited, the only accountability to the public is to say there was no crime.  If the tests came back negative they can prove no crime.  If they release a video where Vick officially did nothing wrong, and that video ends up all over ESPN and the internet like we all know it would, you might as well evacuate the city of Miami because there will be no police department left after Vick sues them.

Lets say you get arrested for a DUI and the cops release your video to the show "Cops" even if they never charged you.  You're going to sue the hell out of them.  The police's job is not to entertain America.  It is to look out or the best interest of the public.  If Vick did nothing wrong "officially," then the only "public" the police department owes anything to is Vick.

I know you guys hate the dude, but get a grip!

Finally some sensibility to the topic. Good thoughts!!! AMEN!!  I am not a Vick fan or the opposite but the naivity of many towards the criminal justice system is amazing!! 

Newsflash!  Law enforcement doesn't want to look any worse than Vick.    If there was culpable evidence it would most certainly been released by law enforcement.

They absolutely salivate over such high publicity cases.   You see... they made an inference the press ran with it. Unfortunately, there was no evidence.  What would you do if you were law enforcement??  Stand there with your pants down or get rid of the tape??

Some of you really don't understand the "game" at all.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 24, 2007, 09:51:33 PM

This is as disgusting as it can be!  It's as obvious as O.J. tossing the gloves that the man was guilty of breaking the law, yet because of what he is worth, not who he is, he gets away with it.  Sorry Blank & McKay, this too will blow up in your face.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 24, 2007, 10:25:04 PM

Vick is starting to hear a lot of negativity about both his game, and his "character". It took a few years, but I think you can fool some people for only so loooong...and his time with his homer fans is coming to a quick end. I can't stand the guy, he can't pass worth a damn, all he has is two fast legs.

My thoughts exactly.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 24, 2007, 11:19:11 PM

LeeroyBuc,

That's not the problem here. It's accountability to the public. The whole thing MORE then smells...

If no crime was commited, the only accountability to the public is to say there was no crime. If the tests came back negative they can prove no crime. If they release a video where Vick officially did nothing wrong, and that video ends up all over ESPN and the internet like we all know it would, you might as well evacuate the city of Miami because there will be no police department left after Vick sues them.

Lets say you get arrested for a DUI and the cops release your video to the show "Cops" even if they never charged you. You're going to sue the hell out of them. The police's job is not to entertain America. It is to look out or the best interest of the public. If Vick did nothing wrong "officially," then the only "public" the police department owes anything to is Vick.

I know you guys hate the dude, but get a grip!

If the video showed no wrongdoing, why wouldn't Vick want people to see it to clear his name to the public?

HELLO!  Do you think that Vick had any say in this?  The Miami PD destroyed evidence from a non crime.  I don't know about you guys, but I for one do not want my tax dollars going to phone operators calling long distance to ask someone how they feel about a PR issue that is not an issue at all outside of Cold Pizza.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 24, 2007, 11:22:06 PM

This is as disgusting as it can be! It's as obvious as O.J. tossing the gloves that the man was guilty of breaking the law, yet because of what he is worth, not who he is, he gets away with it. Sorry Blank & McKay, this too will blow up in your face.

Are you effing serious!?  Because a human nose thought it smelled weed, you want to push scientific tests to the back burner?  They tested the bottle.  It tested negative.  This is America.  Case closed!

#21 : January 24, 2007, 11:23:50 PM

This is as disgusting as it can be! It's as obvious as O.J. tossing the gloves that the man was guilty of breaking the law, yet because of what he is worth, not who he is, he gets away with it. Sorry Blank & McKay, this too will blow up in your face.

Are you effing serious!? Because a human nose thought it smelled weed, you want to push scientific tests to the back burner? They tested the bottle. It tested negative. This is America. Case closed!
Excuse Guru, fire and brimstone to the core.

#22 : January 25, 2007, 12:33:00 AM

Weed or no weed, there has been no explanation as to why he can the "safe" in the first place. Onterrio Smith had his Whizzinator and everyone knew what it was for. This is no different. Vick is a fool, plain and simple.

#23 : January 25, 2007, 07:25:03 AM

Exactly,if he had some jewlery in there it is a non story.I think he got a freebie on this.I know if it was me...

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#24 : January 25, 2007, 08:25:37 AM

In a case like this, the video probably had little to do with prosecuting Vick, unless the bottle was much different in appearance than other bottles in the bin/can.  I'd guess determining which bottle he had was the problem in the case or some other reason legal reason.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 25, 2007, 09:57:15 AM

I thought that the act of him trying to bring the botle on board was a crime in itself. I guess I was mistaken.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 25, 2007, 12:23:06 PM

I thought that the act of him trying to bring the botle on board was a crime in itself. I guess I was mistaken.

No that's not a crime.  They just tell you you can't bring it on and you throw it in the trash.  That's exactly what Vick did.  It's not the same as a gun.

vipmark

Starter
#27 : January 25, 2007, 12:47:54 PM

does'nt matter, damage done

Runole

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 25, 2007, 02:23:55 PM

You are correct!!  "the damage is done" as most of these fine posters have determined.  Their theory?  "Vick undoubtedly is a career criminal that has paid off the police and truly belongs in jail."

Obviously, they have little understanding on how the criminal justice system works today.  It is all about "Publicity" and trying to show the public how tough the criminal justice system is on crime.   Vick is worth at least an increase in several  millions in tax revenues towards local law enforcement...   The only problem is when it backfires and no crime actually has been committed.

Hence... The evidence no longer exists!!   See how it works!!

nflinsider

Starter

#29 : January 26, 2007, 08:41:38 AM

Airport tape of Vick ditching bottle erased

By CHRIS VIVLAMORE, MEGAN CLARKE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/24/07

Money talks and VICK has a lot more than the AJC! If OJ can get away with killing his x wife and her friend, than It shouldnt be a big surprise that Michael Vick can get away with this. Whats telling is that Vick has not come out and denied any of the claims, something someone who was innocent would do.
Miami-Dade police have erased the airport security video showing Falcons quarterback Michael Vick disposing of a water bottle at the airport after it was requested by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution under Florida's public records law.

The video, made on Jan. 17, was part of the investigation into the water bottle with a hidden compartment that an initial police report said contained "a small amount of a dark particulant and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution requested a copy of the video on Jan. 18 from the Miami-Dade Police Department, under the state's public records law. Police spokesman Robert Williams confirmed that the department was the custodian of the video. When told that the AJC wanted a copy of the electronic video, Williams said police had already decided they would not release it because it was part of an open investigation.

The State Attorney's office announced Monday that no charges would be filed against Vick and the case was closed.

On Tuesday, the AJC again requested a copy of the video and was told that it had been erased: "The video that you are asking for was on a flash drive," Williams wrote in an e-mail Tuesday afternoon to the AJC. "That information was shown to the State Attorney's Office and it was determined by them that no criminal act was committed and no charges were filed. Therefore this video was deleted from the flash drive since it was not being used in a criminal case."

When asked when the video was deleted, Williams responded: "Why? It was deleted right after no contraband was found and the State refused to prosecute."

Adria Harper, the director of the First Amendment Foundation of Florida, a non-profit organization that provides legal aid and training on open records, said there shouldn't be barriers to accessing the tape.

"Even if they were allowed to destroy the records so quickly — which I would be surprised about — I wonder if they would do that if it was someone else, someone other than Michael Vick."

Florida has very broad access laws, she said.

Harper said the only exception to releasing information is an open criminal investigation, which does not apply in the Vick case.

The video was provided to the police by the Tranportation Security Administration, which still has a copy of the video but has refused to release it, citing national security concerns.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/01/24/0124vicktape.html

Things that make you go hmmmmmm!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick evidence "destroyed" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools