Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« : January 24, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »

I know we have varying opinions about whether or not Garcia would be a good choice for the Bucs for numerous reasons, but is there anyone here who believes the Bucs won't even make a play to sign him? I think Garcia's declaration that he intends to test the FA market was exactly what Gruden and Allen were hoping to hear.

That's not to say they'll break the bank for him, but I personally feel they'll be strong players to bring him here.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 24, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »

Why sign him? He has maybe 2-3 years left... Are we really planning to make a run then? Invest in young players...

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 24, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »

I say we go after Colt Brennan if he falls enough.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 24, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »

I say we go after Colt Brennan if he falls enough.

Colt elected to return to school for another year.

« #4 : January 24, 2007, 06:45:33 PM »

I have NO DOUBT at all. Gruden will not tie his future to Chris Simms.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 24, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »

They will go after him, but Philly will make a hard run at keeping him.  McNabb's injury status is in question for the start of next year.  They need QB insurance as much or more than the Bucs.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 24, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »

i dont think they make a run at all at him, he's overrated and now wants to be overpaid.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 24, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »

Why sign him? He has maybe 2-3 years left... Are we really planning to make a run then? Invest in young players...

2 or 3 ???

Personally I think he has one year left and yes I think they will make a play for him. Why would they want a 38 year old QB when you are rebuilding is beyond me. I think we can be a tough team but lets face it we are not a top tier team right now that is gauranteed to be in the playoffs. I think Garcia is better suited for Minny. They have more cash, he can start right away and they have a better team IMHO.

Baghead #2

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #8 : January 24, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »

hopefully we do

any fan who knows football, knows that gruden works the best with veteran qb's

the only way we will compete is if we have an older qb. if we get garcia i gauruntee we will have a top 10 offense next year

gruden did great with rich gannon, who was older than garcia is now when gruden made him the mvp he was

gruden won a superbowl with a very old brad johnson

garcia knows our west coast offense and will work great with gruden

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 24, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »

hopefully we do

any fan who knows football, knows that gruden works the best with veteran qb's

the only way we will compete is if we have an older qb. if we get garcia i gauruntee we will have a top 10 offense next year

gruden did great with rich gannon, who was older than garcia is now when gruden made him the mvp he was

gruden won a superbowl with a very old brad johnson

garcia knows our west coast offense and will work great with gruden

Top 10 offense... great! We want a Super Bowl and Garcia isn't the answer. Getting a hotshot young QB out of the draft is. Garcia doesnt want to spend his time playin around with a rebuilding team. He wants to go out with a ring!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 24, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »

Why would he want to come to Tampa when he could go to someplace like Minnesota and play in a similar offense to Philly's and for a team with a good offensive line, above average running game, and lots of good young pieces on defense? What do the Bucs have to offer any veteran with only 2-3 years left?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 24, 2007, 07:34:07 PM »

Well, Gannon became NFL MVP for the 2002 season. He was 36 during the bulk of the 2002 season and turned 37 at the end of December. Garcia turns 37 next month.

« #12 : January 24, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »

Well, Garcia became NFL MVP for the 2002 season. He was 36 during the bulk of the 2002 season and turned 37 at the end of December. Garcia turns 37 next month.
I believe you mean Gannon, though that's a good point none the less.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 24, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »

Why would he want to come to Tampa when he could go to someplace like Minnesota and play in a similar offense to Philly's and for a team with a good offensive line, above average running game, and lots of good young pieces on defense? What do the Bucs have to offer any veteran with only 2-3 years left?

The Vikings offense at times was just as inept as the Bucs last year.  They do not have many weapons on offense and they need to rebuild that entire right side of that o-line.  Their running game is decent (Taylor) but not what you would consider a dominating force. The defense has some pieces but still needs pass rushers and with Tomlin gone they may have taken a step back unless Woods take over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 24, 2007, 07:42:48 PM »

I believe you mean Gannon, though that's a good point none the less.

Thanks, I fixed it.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools