Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 24, 2007, 07:44:06 PM

Why would he want to come to Tampa

Maybe the Bucs tell him they plan to draft CJ with their first pick?

#16 : January 24, 2007, 07:44:41 PM

And so the plot thickens...

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 24, 2007, 07:45:34 PM

And how much closer does that bring us to a Super Bowl next year? Think more in his perspective...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 24, 2007, 07:48:47 PM

The biggest competitor to the Bucs for Garcia are the Eagles in my opinion as others have outlined. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 24, 2007, 07:51:25 PM

Why would he want to come to Tampa when he could go to someplace like Minnesota and play in a similar offense to Philly's and for a team with a good offensive line, above average running game, and lots of good young pieces on defense? What do the Bucs have to offer any veteran with only 2-3 years left?

The Vikings offense at times was just as inept as the Bucs last year.  They do not have many weapons on offense and they need to rebuild that entire right side of that o-line.  Their running game is decent (Taylor) but not what you would consider a dominating force. The defense has some pieces but still needs pass rushers and with Tomlin gone they may have taken a step back unless Woods take over.
They're not perfect but their assets FAR outweigh what the Bucs have to offer personnel-wise.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 24, 2007, 07:58:49 PM

Why would he want to come to Tampa when he could go to someplace like Minnesota and play in a similar offense to Philly's and for a team with a good offensive line, above average running game, and lots of good young pieces on defense? What do the Bucs have to offer any veteran with only 2-3 years left?

I think we have more than you think, great draft pick 5 of the first 98.. FA'a coming soon-great weather and great facilities..
11-5 team 2 years ago, that will get back SR BK KW DBE..
Don't look to far away, but Jets and Saints both were as bad as we were last year.. And within 1 year made the playoffs.. Anything is possible.. 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 24, 2007, 08:00:30 PM

And how much closer does that bring us to a Super Bowl next year? Think more in his perspective...

I can't pretend to know what he's thinking. He may be thinking he's got 4 more seasons as a starter, for all I know. He may also be thinking that he doesn't see any team out there that would pursue him that is any closer to the SB than another team.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 24, 2007, 08:01:20 PM

Remember the Saints got Drew Brees and had a great draft... I don't know where that defense came from...

Jets... well I honestly don't know what happened..

I think we have more than you think, great draft pick 5 of the first 98.. FA'a coming soon-great weather and great facilities..
11-5 team 2 years ago, that will get back SR BK KW DBE..
Don't look to far away, but Jets and Saints both were as bad as we were last year.. And within 1 year made the playoffs.. Anything is possible..
Remember the Saints got Drew Brees and had a great draft... I don't know where that defense came from...

Jets... well I honestly don't know what happened..

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 24, 2007, 08:01:52 PM

Garcia will be a Buc.. I'll put money on it!!!!!

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 24, 2007, 08:04:14 PM

Yeah, so the Bucs sell the same situation to Garcia: "Last year the Saints got Brees, and had a good draft. So this year we get YOU, and you're more accomplished than Drew, and we have a lot of first day picks."

#25 : January 24, 2007, 08:04:50 PM

Bingo.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 24, 2007, 08:08:10 PM

Yeah, so the Bucs sell the same situation to Garcia: "Last year the Saints got Brees, and had a good draft. So this year we get YOU, and you're more accomplished than Drew, and we have a lot of first day picks."

Thats not my point. Why in the world do we want Garcia? Sure he could help us win 5 more games... but where does that get us? THe goal is the Super Bowl. That will not be achieved with Garcia. A young QB is needed so he can take over and bringu s back to glory.

If you're thinking of making a playoff run a la the Ravens bringing in Steve Mcnair... Think again. The Ravens were nearly complete, and they just needed a QB. We need a QB and a lot more.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 24, 2007, 08:13:59 PM

The Vikings offense at times was just as inept as the Bucs last year. They do not have many weapons on offense and they need to rebuild that entire right side of that o-line. Their running game is decent (Taylor) but not what you would consider a dominating force. The defense has some pieces but still needs pass rushers and with Tomlin gone they may have taken a step back unless Woods take over.
They're not perfect but their assets FAR outweigh what the Bucs have to offer personnel-wise.

On offense? I completely disagree. They are pretty barren with talent on the offensive side of the ball.  Troy Williamson's hands are so bad in comparision it makes Galloway and Clayton look like they wear glue and Stovall is clearly better than McMullen.  Wiggins is a highly underrated, productive player but again not a physical talent like Alex Smith.  Taylor is a hard working player like Pittman but he is not at the same level as Carnell.    They have more talent to work with on defense than the Bucs that I do agree with .   Overall though the Bucs and Vikes are about the same in terms of talent level. 

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 24, 2007, 08:20:18 PM

Thats not my point. Why in the world do we want Garcia? Sure he could help us win 5 more games... but where does that get us? THe goal is the Super Bowl. That will not be achieved with Garcia. A young QB is needed so he can take over and bringu s back to glory.

If you're thinking of making a playoff run a la the Ravens bringing in Steve Mcnair... Think again. The Ravens were nearly complete, and they just needed a QB. We need a QB and a lot more.

Garcia wins the Bucs 5 more games, thats 9 wins right there. After the collapse this season, a 9 win season is good. But if you don't want to look at it from a win now situation, think about this. After the egg Simms dropped the first three games, do you really want to not have someone who can compete for the starting job? Gradkowski needs alot more work to be a good backup and Rattay is just Rattay.

If Garcia doesn't win the starting job, great, that means Simms might have actually progressed some. But either way, at the rate the Bucs keep losing starting QBs to injury, having two QBs that can start is a good thing. A very good thing.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 24, 2007, 08:24:09 PM

Huh? Gruden won the SB with Brad Johnson. He coached Gannon to back-to-back Pro Bowl MVP status (first time it's ever been done in NFL history), and the next season the Raiders rode the guy Gruden resurrected all the way to the big game. I don't really agree with your point.

If Garcia feels he only has one year left, then he's probably looking for instant gratification. If he feels he has two years left, then perhaps his thinking isn't "it has to be this year" and if he thinks he's got THREE years left, then I think you can throw the conventional "he wants to go all the way in 2007" thinking completely out the window.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools