Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 24, 2007, 08:27:44 PM

The Vikings eerily mirror the Bucs in a lot of ways this past season.

- QB situation up in the air

- Inconsistent o-line

- Lack of pass rush

- Injuries

- Wide recievers with the dropsies

- Inept offense

The Saints had some talent to work with on defense.  But they mostly overachieved as a unit due to good coaching (just like their o-line).

-

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#31 : January 24, 2007, 08:29:19 PM

The Saints had some talent to work with on defense.  But they mostly overachieved as a unit due to good coaching (just like their o-line).

As long as Muir is in the sidelines, that Bucs Oline will never get good coaching.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 24, 2007, 08:29:52 PM

Would you all have been excited to see Garcia come in as a Buc last year, before his 6 and 1 stint?  If you say you wanted him, you are lying out of your teeth.  I did not recall seeing one person pining for this guy, not a soul (except Gruden who was desperately seeking backup help, see Fiedler after Garcia rejected the Bucs...).  I remember hearing a lot of apathetic viewpoints, and all those were had because of the lack of cap room and Garcias lack of production in a few years.

Garcia is 37, going to be working behind a very subpar O-line group, a running back who has something to prove to avoid becoming the next Clayton (bust), and one good wideout who is laughingy younger than he is, and that is it.  Do you all recall seeing Garcia in a Lions uniform?  Or the Browns?

Garcia would be that model of the QB, not the one working behind the Eagles O-line...(shudder)...

What happens if Fiedler goes out to the Eagles next year, after McNabb goes down again (snicker), and then Fiedler wins 5 of 7 games?  Would you all say you wanted him back?

In short, I think Garcia will most definitely be a target, but I am presuming the Bucs be a bit smarter fiscally about this transaction (think Garner, Deese, Stinchcomb) to avoid creating a lingering bad taste a few years down the road when really better QBs hit the market, or better talent is to be had.  Do I want him as a Buc?  Sure.  At the right price, having some depth would be nice.  Do I think he will be nearly as efficient as a Buc as he was as an Eagle?  Hell naw.  And if you think soundly about it, neither will you.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 24, 2007, 08:36:18 PM

I think many people were blinded by the record Simms had in that final strech of the season. But I do remember a few on this board that wanted him becasue the Bucs lost Griese and needed a safety net just in case Simms went down during the season.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 24, 2007, 08:38:04 PM

Boid makes a good point and ADW, buddy I have to disagree with you on your assesment regarding the Vikings. Then need a QB, yes, but their Offensive line has 2 studs and I'm talking pro bowl calibur studs in McKinney and Hutchinson. They have birk and drafted Ryan Cook last year who looks to be a big time player at center and possibly guard. Their OL is leaps and bounds better than ours. They had some injuries at DE in james and udezi, which could easily be fixed with their cap space and available DE's.

The vikings IMHO are almost carbon copies of the Eagles. They have the pieces on the OL to be exceptional. They have the multideminsional back in Taylor, they have a very good defense. Their WR's are nothing special and neither were the eagles plus they will more than likely take a WR, possibly Ginn in R1. They need a QB...

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 24, 2007, 08:40:45 PM

1. Yes I liked Garcia as a WCO QB before this year (Sorry but Marriuci's version of the WCO does not count...see Knapp for a reference).  The Browns?  Butch?  You can not be serious.

2.  The Bucs o-line surrendered only 5 more sacks (33) than the Eagles (28).  The Bucs lost 196 yards due to sacks while the Eagles lost 190 yards due to sacks.  

3. Stonehands Carnell has better hands than stonehands Westbrooks.  Should I bust out the stats for the number of dropsies of Wesbrook compared to Carnell?  

4. Old man Galloway with an old beard is still faster than Donte Stallworth. :D

5. In conclusion I have concluded that Boid is Greek becuase he believes in a lot of myths. :P

#36 : January 24, 2007, 08:42:07 PM

1. Yes I liked Garcia as a WCO QB before this year (Sorry but Marriuci's version of the WCO does not count...see Knapp for a reference).  The Browns?  Butch?  You can not be serious.

2.  The Bucs o-line surrendered only 5 more sacks (33) than the Eagles (28).  The Bucs lost 196 yards due to sacks while the Eagles lost 190 yards due to sacks. 

3. Stonehands Carnell has better hands than stonehands Westbrooks.  Should I bust out the stats for the number of dropsies of Wesbrook compared to Carnell? 

4. Old man Galloway with an old beard is still faster than Donte Stallworth. :D

5. In conclusion I have concluded that Boid is Greek becuase he believes in a lot of myths. :P
Prepare to be flamed on 3, and 4 we could have both ...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 24, 2007, 08:43:47 PM

Dude, the Eagles O-line surrendering a few less sacks makes you actually think the Bucs have a comprable line?  You can't be serious.  As for Westbrook, he gets thrown to a great deal more than Carnell does, so you go ahead and pro-rate the numbers.  Tell me what you get then ace.  And Donte and Galloway are about on par in terms of speed, what the hell does that "point" you are trying to bring up mean?  In conclusion, I do believe you are Polish because well...you get the hint....(and YES, I am part Polish as well, so no need to get out your torches).

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 24, 2007, 08:44:56 PM

but their Offensive line has 2 studs and I'm talking pro bowl calibur studs in McKinney and Hutchinson.

And yet the Vikings o-line surrendered *drum roll* 43 sacks (10 more than the Bucs o-line) and 279 yards lost due to sacks (83 more yards than the Bucs).

Their left side is not the problem but they did underachieve at times.  The Vikings right side is bad.  I mean Joseph and True were rookies on the right side but faired better than that right side of the Vikes.

You must be Greek too!  Yeah it is Greek night. ;D  Where is the ouzo when you need it?  [banghead]

#39 : January 24, 2007, 08:45:58 PM

Dude, the Eagles O-line surrendering a few less sacks makes you actually think the Bucs have a comprable line?  You can't be serious.  As for Westbrook, he gets thrown to a great deal more than Carnell does, soyou go ahead and pro-rate the numbers.  Tell me what you get then ace.  And Donte and Galloway are about on par in terms of speed, what the hell does that "point" you are trying to bring up mean?  In conclusion, I do believe you are Polish because well...you get the hint....(and YES, I am part Polish as well, so no need to get out your torches).

THAT'S PREJUIDICE!!!!!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 24, 2007, 08:51:00 PM

For people saying that the Raiders and Lions most likely draft a QB look at this *cough* Joe Thomas*cough*....

The Raiders o-line in 2006 surrendered 72 sacks.  430 yards were lost due to sacks.

The Lions o-line in 2006 surrendered  63 sacks.  388 yards were lost due to sacks.

1+1=2

Opa!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 24, 2007, 08:53:35 PM

Caddy receptions 30
Caddy Yards off reception 196
Caddy rushes 225 times, for a 3.5 YPC clip.

Westbrook catches 77
Westbrook yards off receptions 700! (throw in 4 TDs as well)
Westbrook rushes 240 times, 1217 yards (7 tds)

Not only that that prove whose O-line is better, it does so without fail.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 24, 2007, 08:58:39 PM

Caddy receptions 30

Westbrook catches 77

Actually shows who has the better run-blocking line... but hey still agree with you

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 24, 2007, 09:04:42 PM

Caddy receptions 30

Westbrook catches 77

1.When talking about Garcia and how he would fair behind the o-lines you are refering to pass protection.  QB's need pass protection to throw. ;)  I think I made it clear as well as you did when talking about how the o-lines are in terms of pass protection for Jeff Garcia.  Is Jeff Garcia a running back all of sudden?

2.  Carnell had 30 receptions while Pittman had 47 catches.   In contrast Buckhalter had 24 receptions.  

3.  Wesbrook along with Joey Galloway, Steve Smith, Terell Owens all have issues with the dropsies but make up for it with big plays.  That does not change the fact that they all do drop a lot of balls.  In contrast players like Tory Holt and Wes Welker are pretty sure handed.

4.  I may be Polish but I have personally sewn onto my backpack a Canadian flag.  Pretty good eh?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 24, 2007, 09:07:15 PM

In terms of overall line play, the Bucs were ranked 28th in the league.  The Eagles were ranked third.

LE the Bucs were 28th in terms of "production", and the Iggles had the eighth best in the league.
LT(guard) is where the BUcs were actually better in terms of production, beating out Philly with the 19th "best" unit, to the Eagles 23rd.
The middle of the line the Eagles had once again the third best unit play, while the Bucs had the 25th ranked group.
RT(guard)?  Eagles 14th, the Bucs 18th.
Right End?  The Bucs were 15th, the Eagles weree fourth.

When considering sacks, I think having Gradkowski in there for the majority throwing a million checkdown passes slightly skews the overall numbers.  The Bucs passed a lot, but seldom were there deep shots taken, and Grads is the king of the short, innaccurate dumpoff pass.  He had "happy feet", which tends to make the QB release the ball earlier than he should.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools