Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

#90 : January 26, 2007, 04:32:56 PM

Gosh, the endless debate...

Bring in a 37 year old QB, FOR WHAT ???

To generate a winning, or at least more credible season to keep the hounds at bay. there's really not another reason. I'm seeing the names tossed around and they are all band-aid solutions and I'm starting to lean more and more towards getting, or trying to, a real long-term solution in the draft maybe even at #3/4

It would probably have to be at #3/4 dal because I'm not sure Smith or Stanton could be a long term solution. 

But I do think all these names being tossed around are a FA smoke screen if you know what I mean.

T

Hall of Famer

#91 : January 26, 2007, 05:41:15 PM

I'd rather have Drew Stanton than Jeff Garcia. The Bucs don't have enough offensive talent to make Jeff Garica look good.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 27, 2007, 09:38:17 AM

T hit it on the head. Guys, we simply are not that good on offense, we just are not. Garcia needs a "user" friendly offense. He needs to be on a good team, with some weapons. He was pitiful in Detroit and Cleveland. Now, not that we are that bad but lets face it, we are not that explosive. Brian Westbrook is big time back and no none wants to come to grips with it. In the end we would tie up close to 12 million or so in a 37 year old QB and Chris simms for the next couple, few years. That sounds like a nightmare situation to me...

Baghead #2

wc24

Second String

#93 : January 27, 2007, 10:00:01 AM

I know we have varying opinions about whether or not Garcia would be a good choice for the Bucs for numerous reasons, but is there anyone here who believes the Bucs won't even make a play to sign him? I think Garcia's declaration that he intends to test the FA market was exactly what Gruden and Allen were hoping to hear.

That's not to say they'll break the bank for him, but I personally feel they'll be strong players to bring him here.

I think Gruden leaves Garcia alone...hangs this year with Chris Simms and drafts Troy Smith

I'm starting to think this could be a possiblity as well...

If Smith is available as the 2nd 2nd rounder or in the third maybe. Even if so, the Bucs will bring in a vet. Simms will not go into next season as the apparent starter.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 27, 2007, 10:04:31 AM

With this whole david carr thing who knows....

If we get Garcia, and I pray to god we don't, then I could see us drafting a rookie. Garcia is an expensive band aid, nothing more.

If they move to get Carr I would say the drafting of Smith becomes more unlikely due to the age of both but you never know.

Baghead #2

#95 : January 27, 2007, 10:08:38 AM

With this whole david carr thing who knows....

If we get Garcia, and I pray to god we don't, then I could see us drafting a rookie. Garcia is an expensive band aid, nothing more.

If they move to get Carr I would say the drafting of Smith becomes more unlikely due to the age of both but you never know.
Sign Garcia to a 2 year deal, and draft Qunn/Russell. That way, even if Garcia sucks you still have Simms to suck until the rookie is ready.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone have any doubt that the Bucs will go after Garcia? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools