Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Dave Moore Earns His First Trip To The Pro Bowl! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 25, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »

Great news for Dave. Would be a great note to bowl out on.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 25, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »

Congrats---Dave Moore..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 25, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »

I didn't know the Probowl was a reward for a long career as a role player.  I thought a retirement party was for that.   This is a joke. Its bad enough that the game doesn't mean anything to the players. That used to be OK since it was just the honor of getting there. Now the way they have made a joke of the selection process its not even that anymore.   You got Tony Romo at QB and Dave Moore as long snapper. Lets make Romo the holder. That would be the capper.

This is not even an honor for Moore, because he doesn't deserve it.  I guess they just needed somebody to be the long snapper.   Its a nice vacation, and he does deserve that.  But thats about it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 25, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »

Congrats Dave Moore!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 25, 2007, 09:12:46 PM »

I didn't know the Probowl was a reward for a long career as a role player.  I thought a retirement party was for that.   This is a joke. Its bad enough that the game doesn't mean anything to the players. That used to be OK since it was just the honor of getting there. Now the way they have made a joke of the selection process its not even that anymore.   You got Tony Romo at QB and Dave Moore as long snapper. Lets make Romo the holder. That would be the capper..

How do you know he's not a pro bowl long snapper?

Good for Dave, nice reward for a guy who got far more out of his career than his raw physical skills said he should ever get. He's in the Karl Williams wing of the Bucs Hall of Fame.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 25, 2007, 09:43:24 PM »

way to go out on top! ... I still expect him to retire

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #21 : January 25, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »

I didn't know the Probowl was a reward for a long career as a role player. I thought a retirement party was for that. This is a joke. Its bad enough that the game doesn't mean anything to the players. That used to be OK since it was just the honor of getting there. Now the way they have made a joke of the selection process its not even that anymore. You got Tony Romo at QB and Dave Moore as long snapper. Lets make Romo the holder. That would be the capper.

This is not even an honor for Moore, because he doesn't deserve it. I guess they just needed somebody to be the long snapper. Its a nice vacation, and he does deserve that. But thats about it.
You suck.  Just gotta crap on somebody's parade!  Yea, Dave!  Love ya!

« #22 : January 25, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »

Where the hell is GiveDavetheBall.com?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #23 : January 25, 2007, 10:09:56 PM »

Quit trying to start something, RJ.

« #24 : January 25, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »

Quit trying to start something, RJ.
Start something? I'm just saying nobody in Tampa seems to care about Mr. Moore, a very nice man (I actually have met him so I'm not speaking out of my ass), quite telling of this fanbase.....

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 25, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »

How do you know he's not a pro bowl long snapper?

Well OK since you want to try to delve into whether he deserved it or not, and you just want to go by long snapping and nothing else.  If you went by other things you would have to count that he is a TE, and he got basically one important pass all year and he dropped it.  So we'll just go with the snapping.  Also, the Probowl is not a lifetime achievement award so lets stick with 2006.

I think you have to go by FG%.  Punt snaps and extra points can go awry, but  are not rocket science.  Kick snaps are the ones that count, and that is a team of three, the snapper, the holder and the kicker.  You can't really seperate the three players, and I think you have to judge the success of the snapper by the success of the FG unit.   So lets just talk about the FG% and use XP% as a veto item, sticking with NFC since thats the Probowl team he was selected for.

The Bucs were 14th in FG% in the NFC at 77.3%.   Also, the Bucs were also one of only four NFC teams that missed an extra point.  

The Saints had the highest FG% with the veteran Carney kicking in a dome, so lets go with the second place guys, a tie between the holder for Robbie Gould and John Kasey who tied at 88.9 FG% and perfect on XPs.      Gould kicked 32 of 36 FGs, so he had more attempts than Kasay.  But Kasay didn't miss any from inside 50.  Also the Bears already have a center in the Probowl.  

I'll go with the guy who's unit didn't miss a kick from inside 50, nor did they miss any extra points.  That would be Jason Kyle, 12 year veteran from Carolina.  Congrats Jason Kyle for deserving to go to the Probowl!

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 25, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »

And I'll go with Dave Moore who IS a pro bowler now. Im just happy hes got a chance to enjoy the experience. Lighten up its a game and as a Buc fan Im glad to see another Buc go.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 26, 2007, 07:56:06 AM »

Congrats to one of my all time favorite Bucs!  You go Dave!

NFC South BBS  Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 26, 2007, 09:09:04 AM »

I think you have to go by FG%.  Punt snaps and extra points can go awry, but  are not rocket science.  Kick snaps are the ones that count, and that is a team of three, the snapper, the holder and the kicker.  You can't really seperate the three players, and I think you have to judge the success of the snapper by the success of the FG unit.   

Wow, that is a fascinating analysis except that the LS can do everything right and the other two can screw it up. That's like saying Roy Williams (WR-DET not hte SS-DAL) should not be in the Pro Bowl because his QB sucks, same logic since the C-QB-WR are all part of the same battery and you judge Roy by the other 2 guys.

Frankly I doubt the coaches that picked the Pro Bowl cared about Dave Moore's long and glorious service to the Bucs. It isn't like Dave is a beloved figure that they want to toss a bone to.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #29 : January 26, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »

The guy has been a good long snapper for years. Why crap on his parade?

Congratulations, Dave!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Dave Moore Earns His First Trip To The Pro Bowl! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools