Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Dave Moore Earns His First Trip To The Pro Bowl! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 26, 2007, 03:53:09 PM

I understand.  I keep wanting to say "Congrats Dave!", but congrats for what?  What did he get besides a free vacation?  The only difference is nobody is trying to sell him a time share.  He didn't get it by merit.  There was no selection process, no voting, no panel of experts picked him because he did such a great job.  He got it because somebody said "Hey we don't have a long snapper.  Call Moore."  I don't see why thats any kind of honor. Sorry I just can't do it, much as I want to. 

Playing the Probowl has always been a joke, and now with Romo and Moore being selected is a joke now too.

#31 : January 26, 2007, 03:55:00 PM

I thought the point of the Pro Bowl was the free vacation?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 26, 2007, 04:02:37 PM

There was no selection process, no voting, no panel of experts picked him because he did such a great job. 

The coaches for the NFC picked him as the alternate that is your selection process. You think they had a dart board?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 26, 2007, 04:08:12 PM

There was no selection process, no voting, no panel of experts picked him because he did such a great job.

The coaches for the NFC picked him as the alternate that is your selection process. You think they had a dart board?
Yes pretty much.  Or they just said "We need a long snapper.  Hey this guy Moore is a good guy and he has been playing a long time. Wouldn't it be cute if we invite him?"
That is basically the dart board method.

How else would you explain it? Otherwise why not pick somebody who's team had a better than average kicking game?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 26, 2007, 04:56:48 PM

How else would you explain it? Otherwise why not pick somebody who's team had a better than average kicking game?

Because the LS doesn't make kicks. Did we have a bad snap all year? No. Well then sounds like a potential pro bowler to me.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 26, 2007, 09:20:28 PM

I played football when I was back in school and did long snapping. With that being said, I wasn't good enough to make it to the NFL, but based on your theory...if Dave Moore has Bryant and I have Vinatiere and we had a kicking competition...the kicker with the best FG percentage should go.

So, if I make 3 bad snaps out of 10 but Vinatiere makes all 7 kicks and then Bryant makes 6 of 10 kicks but all the snaps were perfect, I should go to the Pro Bowl right? That's completely idiotic.

You sir are an idiot. It's not like Moore had a bunch of bad snaps and didn't deserve to go. He was solid. And, if nobody invited to the Pro Bowl could long snap...then they need a long snapper and Moore goes. It's no big deal. Yes Moore is not a Pro Bowl TE, but he's been a very good long snapper for us. Just be happy for the guy. It's not like he is keeping someone else off the roster like another QB or WR or something.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 26, 2007, 10:14:10 PM

I played football when I was back in school and did long snapping. With that being said, I wasn't good enough to make it to the NFL, but based on your theory...if Dave Moore has Bryant and I have Vinatiere and we had a kicking competition...the kicker with the best FG percentage should go.

So, if I make 3 bad snaps out of 10 but Vinatiere makes all 7 kicks and then Bryant makes 6 of 10 kicks but all the snaps were perfect, I should go to the Pro Bowl right? That's completely idiotic.

You sir are an idiot. It's not like Moore had a bunch of bad snaps and didn't deserve to go. He was solid. And, if nobody invited to the Pro Bowl could long snap...then they need a long snapper and Moore goes. It's no big deal. Yes Moore is not a Pro Bowl TE, but he's been a very good long snapper for us. Just be happy for the guy. It's not like he is keeping someone else off the roster like another QB or WR or something.

Yes, I'm happy for Moore for getting a free vacation to Hawaii.  Sorry if I gave the impression that I wasn't. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News: Dave Moore Earns His First Trip To The Pro Bowl! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools