Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is a difference. A big difference. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2006, 06:42:05 PM

Gradkowski made a couple of plays with his feet that Simms couldn't have made. Grads kept the game-winning drive alive with his feet, picking up a critical first down that Simms probably wouldn't have. Remember, I think Simms is a great guy, but he's not the right QB for this offense.

But the biggest difference is how it "feels" when he's in control of the offense. Trying to come from behind, it always seemed like with Simms at the helm we fans had been "hoping" he can get it done. In the two games he's started, with the team down, it seems like with Gradkowski there's more of a feeling that we "can" get it done.

simms22

Second String

#1 : October 15, 2006, 07:07:56 PM

while i agree that simms isnt made for this offense and gradkowski is, with respect to simms he did lead us on a few comeback wins last year. I think simms could be successful in another system and even though he has tons of heart i doubt he is back next year as buc.

PUROBUCS80

Second String

#2 : October 15, 2006, 07:12:10 PM

yea but he will be a decent QB in another system....

G-Snake

Rookie

#3 : October 15, 2006, 08:02:58 PM

Simms 3 games played....

1 TD - 7 INT (0-3)

-------------------------------------------------

Gradkowski 2 games played (only ever)

4 TD - 1 INT (1-1...and if not for Bush, probably 2-0)

#4 : October 15, 2006, 08:34:42 PM

Gradkowski 2 games played (only ever)

4 TD - 1 INT (1-1...and if not for Bush, probably 2-0)

'nuff said!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 15, 2006, 08:36:40 PM

Plus he's ejoyed a running game which is huge. Even more he got some tackling from the freakin defense...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 15, 2006, 08:37:46 PM

Got to say one thing though...

His mid range, deep balls were Waaaaaaaaay off target today.  I was asking myself, WTF is he throwing at more than five times.  His accuracy was not what I wanted out of the QB today.

He played a so-so game.  But like I said, did anyone else notice how off target he was?  And he had a lot of time to throw, as well.

Bucs rule!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 15, 2006, 08:43:21 PM

Got to say one thing though...

His mid range, deep balls were Waaaaaaaaay off target today.  I was asking myself, WTF is he throwing at more than five times.  His accuracy was not what I wanted out of the QB today.

He played a so-so game.  But like I said, did anyone else notice how off target he was?  And he had a lot of time to throw, as well.

Bucs rule!

I noticed the same thing.  And on some of those throws he missed an open man underneath.  But I think that is part of being a rookie and adjusting to the NFL, and I'm sure that is something he will learn from once he reviews his own tape.  It does reinforce my belief that having Grads as the starter will reduce Galloway's value to the team, and we should try to trade him while we can.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 15, 2006, 08:45:22 PM

No way. Without Galloway we have no real speed at WR and nobody to really scare defenses as a deep threat.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 15, 2006, 08:46:51 PM

No way. Without Galloway we have no real speed at WR and nobody to really scare defenses as a deep threat.

If Grads can't him the ball deep then he's not a deep threat anymore.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 15, 2006, 08:49:37 PM

First, just because he was off today doesn't mean he can't correct it. Second, you really need a guy who can run by people whether or not you can consistently get the ball to him. Defenses have to account for that, they will not let him run free.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 15, 2006, 08:51:50 PM

First, just because he was off today doesn't mean he can't correct it. Second, you really need a guy who can run by people whether or not you can consistently get the ball to him. Defenses have to account for that, they will not let him run free.

So it is okay to excuse Simms for misfiring, but not okay to rag Grads for the five or six tremendously poor looking balls he threw going anywhere outside of 20 yards?

He may be able to correct it, but once you start doing these things, it becomes obvious that the knocks may be true....

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 15, 2006, 08:54:19 PM

this guy is the real freaking deal, I am elated hes our man

Boid, the difference is Simms had many starts and a multitude of camps to correct his wrong doings.  Grads is as raw as they come.  And he looks better than Lienhart AND Young.

Grads is the sht

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

simms22

Second String

#13 : October 15, 2006, 08:55:47 PM

So it is okay to excuse Simms for misfiring, but not okay to rag Grads for the five or six tremendously poor looking balls he threw going anywhere outside of 20 yards?

He may be able to correct it, but once you start doing these things, it becomes obvious that the knocks may be true....
agreed grads doesnt have the best deep ball. A combination of simms deep ball and arm with grads mobility and quick decision making would make one hell of a quarterback.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 15, 2006, 08:57:30 PM

Simms has been in this league for long enough to play better than he did this season. Grads is a rookie with one start prior to today. So yes, the standards are different. As time goes on, the standards become the same.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is a difference. A big difference. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools