Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is a difference. A big difference. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #45 : October 15, 2006, 10:44:14 PM »

Got to say one thing though...

His mid range, deep balls were Waaaaaaaaay off target today.  I was asking myself, WTF is he throwing at more than five times.  His accuracy was not what I wanted out of the QB today.

He played a so-so game.  But like I said, did anyone else notice how off target he was?  And he had a lot of time to throw, as well.

Bucs rule!

he missed some throws today thats for sure.  the INT into triple coverage was terrible.  but for a rookie 6th rd pick making his second start .... i'll definitely take it.  you have to expect he's going to make some mistakes.  we have to give him a long leash because we dont have any other viable options at QB.  

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #46 : October 15, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »

but to say he was the only reason we lost would be laughed at by any NFL coach.

No one ever said that. Geez. And likewise, to ignore the fact that the QB play had a negative impact on the rest of the team's game is pure foolishness.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #47 : October 15, 2006, 10:47:58 PM »

I am not a Grads hater.

But Grads throws looked like shidt today.

Thank you defense!  Thank you Run game!  Thank you O-line!

Lastly, thank you Grads.  And thank you Cincy D-backs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #48 : October 15, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »

Being ignorant isn't akin to being an idiot?  Whatever guy.  Keep tricking yourself into thinking you are the righteous one, speaking down.  Keep thinking that your argument is verbatim for football 101 knowledge, and I am ignorant.  Skew it all you want, but you called me iggy first, remember that.

Nope. Being ignorant and ignorant of subject matter are completely different things. And ignorant of subject matter is not the same as being an idiot. You may want to look into it.

Whatever.

Exactly.

simms22

Second String

« #49 : October 15, 2006, 10:50:53 PM »

No one ever said that. Geez. And likewise, to ignore the fact that the QB play had a negative impact on the rest of the team's game is pure foolishness.
LOL, simms didnt purposely go out there and miss tackles like the defense did. They are professionals, and despite what the offense is doing they did not do their job, no matter what way you try and spin this they did not do their job period. I read a stat along the lines of teams that have allowed 300+ yards rushing are 1-18 or something absurd. These guys are paid to make plays, not sulk because oh their qb isnt playing well, our defense sucked that day, as did the rest of the team.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #50 : October 15, 2006, 10:58:03 PM »

simms played very poorly for 2.5 games.  he should take some blame for the poor start.  but the defense deserves as much of the blame if not more so for our 4 losses.  i'm glad they finally showed up today, but its going to take more then just one good performance to wipe away the 300+yards rushing versus ATL, blowing two 4th quarter leads against Carolina and allowing McCallister to put up 117 yards in the 1st half. 

simms22

Second String

« #51 : October 15, 2006, 10:59:26 PM »

simms played very poorly for 2.5 games. he should take some blame for the poor start. but the defense deserves as much of the blame if not more so for our 4 losses. i'm glad they finally showed up today, but its going to take more then just one good performance to wipe away the 300+yards rushing versus ATL, blowing two 4th quarter leads against Carolina and allowing McCallister to put up 117 yards in the 1st half.
thank you.

G-Snake

Rookie

« #52 : October 15, 2006, 10:59:41 PM »

Grads won over his teammates today, his coaches, and the fans. He's the QB here, Simms is not. End of Story.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #53 : October 15, 2006, 10:59:51 PM »

Nope. Being ignorant and ignorant of subject matter are completely different things. And ignorant of subject matter is not the same as being an idiot. You may want to look into it.

Exactly.

Grads wants his jock back.  ::)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #54 : October 15, 2006, 11:08:16 PM »

Grads wants his jock back.  ::)

Your fixation on male anatomy is almost Freudian.

simms22

Second String

« #55 : October 15, 2006, 11:10:29 PM »

i dont think any male anatomy fixation could amount to that of Freud.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #56 : October 15, 2006, 11:11:51 PM »

Polemics is the practice of disputing or controverting religious, philosophical, or political matters. As such, a polemic text on a topic is written specifically to dispute or refute a topic that is widely viewed to be a "sacred cow" or beyond reproach, in an effort to promote factual awareness.

The antonym of a polemic source is an apologia.

There are other meanings of the word, as well. Polemic is also a branch of theology, pertaining to the history or conduct of ecclesiastical controversy.

Great usage kiddo.  It applies.

As for freudian analogies, maybe it is.  But don't let that deter you from your homoerotic feelings for Grads.  It is all good in my book.

I think Grads is going to be a decent QB in some time.

Unfortunately, his play was so-so today.  Nothing jaw dropping, but good enough.  You have to learn to disagree without getting your panties in a bunch.  Sophmore.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #57 : October 15, 2006, 11:19:01 PM »

Great usage kiddo.  It applies.

Indeed it does.

But don't let that deter you from your homoerotic feelings for Grads.

Your insensitivity in this matter is astounding.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #58 : October 15, 2006, 11:22:34 PM »

Indeed it does.

Your insensitivity in this matter is astounding.

Oh I am sorry.

I shouldn't bring up your crush on Grads.  It has nothing to do with his deep pass/mid range pass inefficiency today.

Good game Grads!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #59 : October 15, 2006, 11:26:04 PM »

Oh I am sorry. I shouldn't bring up your crush on Grads.

Despite your hopes, I have no emotional attraction to the man whatsoever. And I certainly wouldn't be so insensitive as to denegrate someone who did or consider that viewpoint something to be ridiculed.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is a difference. A big difference. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools