Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Will Draft Lamarr Woodley « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: January 25, 2007, 09:17:24 PM

At least based on history.  ;)

Jon Gruden - North Head Coach

• Seems to really like Amobi Okoye and said that coaching guys like him is what makes this game fun.

• Michigan DE LaMarr Woodley will not play in the game, although his injury is not severe enough to hinder him for the Combine.

• Cal CB Daymeion Hughes will not play in the game either.

• Troy Smith will start the game at quarterback, followed by Drew Stanton and then Tyler Palko.

• Said there is "no question" that Eric Weddle can play cornerback in the NFL and that he will see some action there in the game.

• He's rooting for the Colts to win the Super Bowl and wants to see Peyton Manning get a ring.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2007, 09:24:01 PM

He would be tremendous value in the 2nd round.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 25, 2007, 09:25:09 PM

Actually I was thinking the same thing, only about Hughes

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 25, 2007, 09:32:01 PM

Any of those guys would be great value in round 2.

A guy to keep your eye on is Aaron Rouse safety from Virginia Tech. He came on a little slow monday and tuesday but wednesday he picked it up and on thrusday he really played well. From the video I saw Raheem Morris was loving this kid! He goes 6'3 218 lbs and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range. He is a big time prospect at safety.

I'm starting to like so many guys! Who can we trade for some more picks ???

Baghead #2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 25, 2007, 09:33:35 PM

Any of those guys would be great value in round 2.

A guy to keep your eye on is Aaron Rouse safety from Virginia Tech. He came on a little slow monday and tuesday but wednesday he picked it up and on thrusday he really played well. From the video I saw Raheem Morris was loving this kid! He goes 6'3 218 lbs and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range. He is a big time prospect at safety.

I'm starting to like so many guys! Who can we trade for some more picks ???

I could see him being moved to WLB.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 25, 2007, 11:29:36 PM

It seems like there are going to be a lot of good talent slipping to the top of the second round.  This is why I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots in the first and picking up an extra second round pick if QB's go one two in the draft. 

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 26, 2007, 08:07:09 AM

If Qb's go 1 and 2 in the draft I sure hope to god the Bucs take Thomas with their pick.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 26, 2007, 08:09:59 AM

I want Rouse too. The guy is a hitter.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 26, 2007, 08:19:48 AM

I hope not. I'd much rather see a conventionally built defensive end.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 26, 2007, 08:55:22 AM

If Qb's go 1 and 2 in the draft I sure hope to god the Bucs take Thomas with their pick.

The main reason I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots is that if Thomas, Johnson, Adams, Anderson are still on the board you could still pick a player we need and also grab an extra guy in the top of the second.  An example of this would be if a team like Arizona wanted Thomas really bad and we could move from three to five and pick up their second round pick in the process.  It would be likely that Cleveland would go with Adrian Peterson or maybe Alan Branch and we could still pick up Johnson or Anderson and collect an extra second round pick in the process.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 26, 2007, 09:44:12 AM

When you say conventionally built defensive end you mean a defensive end that can play RDE and pass rush with not just quickness but speed as well?

If so I agree.   Woodely is quick but not fast.  Explosion is important for a defensive lineman but I can not envision him playing RDE at the NFL level.  Woodely is fairly similar to Hali that came out last year.

Woodely can pass rush, has quickness, and burst to his game.  But I have my doubts he could play RDE effectively.  He would make for an excellent LDE and replace Spires.  But that leaves RDE a hole unless Rice returns for another year or a free agent is signed to play RDE.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 26, 2007, 09:54:41 AM

When you say conventionally built defensive end you mean a defensive end that can play RDE and pass rush with not just quickness but speed as well?

If so I agree.   Woodely is quick but not fast.  Explosion is important for a defensive lineman but I can not envision him playing RDE at the NFL level.  Woodely is fairly similar to Hali that came out last year.

Woodely can pass rush, has quickness, and burst to his game.  But I have my doubts he could play RDE effectively.  He would make for an excellent LDE and replace Spires.  But that leaves RDE a hole unless Rice returns for another year or a free agent is signed to play RDE.
I mean someone 6'5" and 260 with long arms, not 6'1" and 270 and squat. I'm just really not that impressed with him. He didn't break out until his senior season and even then struggled to make plays against the two best teams Michigan faced, Ohio State and USC, especially when you consider what UCLA's fast ends did to USC and what Florida's fast ends did to Ohio State. 

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

psymun

Starter
#12 : January 26, 2007, 10:13:04 AM

VICTOR ABIAMIRI would be a better fit IMO...

6'4" 270...

Strong against the run, excellent pass rush moves... Just needs to be taught more...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : January 26, 2007, 12:14:12 PM

VICTOR ABIAMIRI would be a better fit IMO...

6'4" 270...

Strong against the run, excellent pass rush moves... Just needs to be taught more...

I agree, i think woodley is overrated and wouldnt fit well into our defense

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 26, 2007, 12:22:59 PM

I like Spencer better than both.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Will Draft Lamarr Woodley « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools