Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Will Draft Lamarr Woodley « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 26, 2007, 12:34:38 PM

Any of those guys would be great value in round 2.

A guy to keep your eye on is Aaron Rouse safety from Virginia Tech. He came on a little slow monday and tuesday but wednesday he picked it up and on thrusday he really played well. From the video I saw Raheem Morris was loving this kid! He goes 6'3 218 lbs and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range. He is a big time prospect at safety.

I'm starting to like so many guys! Who can we trade for some more picks ???

I go to VT and like Rouse.  I probably like him more as a LB than a safety though.  He has some brain farts in coverage sometimes.  Another problem of his is that he's a walking personal foul.  This guy brings new definition to the term late hit.

As for Lamarr Woodley, physically he reminds me of a more athletic Greg Spires and that ain't bad at all.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 26, 2007, 07:00:00 PM

I hope not. I'd much rather see a conventionally built defensive end.

When you say conventionally built defensive end you mean a defensive end that can play RDE and pass rush with not just quickness but speed as well?

If so I agree. Woodely is quick but not fast. Explosion is important for a defensive lineman but I can not envision him playing RDE at the NFL level. Woodely is fairly similar to Hali that came out last year.

Woodely can pass rush, has quickness, and burst to his game. But I have my doubts he could play RDE effectively. He would make for an excellent LDE and replace Spires. But that leaves RDE a hole unless Rice returns for another year or a free agent is signed to play RDE.
I mean someone 6'5" and 260 with long arms, not 6'1" and 270 and squat. I'm just really not that impressed with him. He didn't break out until his senior season and even then struggled to make plays against the two best teams Michigan faced, Ohio State and USC, especially when you consider what UCLA's fast ends did to USC and what Florida's fast ends did to Ohio State.

Hali had the same criticisms laid against him as well and was fairly productive as a rookie.  I think he will be a productive player most likely.  But due to some of his limitations as you pointed out he is at best a LDE on the NFL level.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 26, 2007, 09:25:47 PM

I like Spencer better than both.

me too.

#18 : January 27, 2007, 12:10:44 AM

I like Spencer better than both.

me too.

RPC, as per our conversation last year about 2 defensive first day picks, are you as optimistic as I am ?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 27, 2007, 08:18:25 AM

i remember being angry that we didn't use a single 1st day pick on a defender last year and I took some heat on this message board for being critical of the 2006 draft.  I wanted to have a defense heavy draft last year in anticipation of the inevitable decline on that side of the ball.  The dropoff came, but earlier then any of us would have guessed.  What did we discuss at the time mtn?  That we better take 2 first day defenders in 2007?  Yes, I'm cautiously optimistic that will happen, especially now that we have 4 first day picks now with the Indy trade.  The PR boys have repeatedly mentioned on the radio that the major offseason them is upgrading the pass rush, which is music to my ears.  we need some young talent on the d-line.  i'm hoping for an undertackle and DE on the first day. 

#20 : January 27, 2007, 10:24:38 AM

Yes, I speculated that there would be 2 defensive first day picks in the '07 draft and that the defense would be fine for '06........LOL, oh well !

I still stand by the draft last year (thru round 4) and I think it worked out well because the draft is deep this year on d-line. We're on the same page, I'd like to see 1st day UT & DE as well.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 27, 2007, 10:29:23 AM

I think it's pretty obvious the Bucs are looking at DLinemen.

#22 : January 27, 2007, 02:18:23 PM

I think it's pretty obvious the Bucs are looking at DLinemen.

It wasn't last year at this time.    :)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Will Draft Lamarr Woodley « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools