Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lelie voids the last year of his contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 26, 2007, 09:56:07 AM

Depending on the level he is tendered (he is a 4th round RFA), I think Ernest Wilford is the best fit for the Bucs at WR
In a vacuum I like Wilford, but the Bucs don't need anymore tall, slow receivers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 26, 2007, 10:00:42 AM

He's only broached 50 catches one time in his career and is more than 40 catch type guy than 50-60 catch type #2. He's a 3rd WR you can use to stretch the field so a player like what Mike Clayton used to be can work underneath.

I'm with ya but just feel he hasn't had the chance yet to prove what he can do. I mean in 2004 he only caught 54 balls but has 1000yrd recieving, that's an incredible feat. His career average for a catch is 17.5yrds, given the chance I really think he can be a 65-80 cacth 1K yrd type WR.

You can't look at last year, funny how every WR that goes to ATL has a case of the drops. Hmmm, what's the common theme??

Just my opinion.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 26, 2007, 10:02:32 AM

Another receiver with shaky hands...

that's just wrong. Again, he didn't have "shaky hands" in Denver but all of the sudden in ATL he does. He proved to be a threat in Denver and would be for the Bucs because we don't have a RB playing QB.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 26, 2007, 10:03:02 AM

Stallworth will be the top WR when he hits the market most likely.  I can not see the Eagles re-signing him before free agency begins.

Isn't he signed through 2007, with a base salary of $545,000?

http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=32989

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the data there.

I believe his last year was voidable

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 26, 2007, 10:04:39 AM

Depending on the level he is tendered (he is a 4th round RFA), I think Ernest Wilford is the best fit for the Bucs at WR
In a vacuum I like Wilford, but the Bucs don't need anymore tall, slow receivers.

He's perfect for what the offense was designed for.

#20 : January 26, 2007, 10:16:21 AM

I agree, but you do want someone who can stretch the field as well.  We need to address that, if only because of Galloway's advancing age.  How long can he be our #1?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 26, 2007, 10:58:27 AM

I agree, but you do want someone who can stretch the field as well. We need to address that, if only because of Galloway's advancing age. How long can he be our #1?

Stovall is being groomed to take over for Galloway at #1.  You would eventually have #1 Stovall, #2 Wilford, #3 Warren.  Maybe you get a speed guy as your #4/PR option.

#22 : January 26, 2007, 11:05:09 AM

I agree, but you do want someone who can stretch the field as well. We need to address that, if only because of Galloway's advancing age. How long can he be our #1?

Stovall is being groomed to take over for Galloway at #1.  You would eventually have #1 Stovall, #2 Wilford, #3 Warren.  Maybe you get a speed guy as your #4/PR option.

I understand your logic, and that sounds good to me, if Warren comes on, and Clayton continues his current career trajectory.  B-b-b-but...I still want a guy with enough speed to stretch the field as either our #1 or #2...It does change the complexion of an offense.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 26, 2007, 11:05:56 AM

Stovall is being groomed to take over for Galloway at #1. You would eventually have #1 Stovall, #2 Wilford, #3 Warren. Maybe you get a speed guy as your #4/PR option.
Stovall doesn't have half the wheels Galloway does and never will. If anything, he should be being groomed to replace Clayton. And I'm not so sure Warren is ever going to see the field. IMO the Bucs need to be looking at a Chansi Stuckey/JL Higgins type.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 26, 2007, 11:10:37 AM

Stovall is being groomed to take over for Galloway at #1. You would eventually have #1 Stovall, #2 Wilford, #3 Warren. Maybe you get a speed guy as your #4/PR option.
Stovall doesn't have half the wheels Galloway does and never will. If anything, he should be being groomed to replace Clayton. And I'm not so sure Warren is ever going to see the field. IMO the Bucs need to be looking at a Chansi Stuckey/JL Higgins type.

You don't need to have top-end speed to be the #1 or #2 in Gruden's offense.  In fact, Gruden had to create new plays when Galloway came on board.  Gruden has gone on record saying Stovall can be the #1 guy.

Edit:
Remember that the team's best offensive production was late 2002 and early 2003, when our WR lineup was #1 Keyshawn, #2 Keenan, #3 JJ.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 26, 2007, 11:17:47 AM

You don't need to have top-end speed to be the #1 or #2 in Gruden's offense.

I totally agree with that,
                                       sincerely Jerry Rice and Tim Brown

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 26, 2007, 11:19:50 AM

You don't need to have top-end speed to be the #1 or #2 in Gruden's offense. In fact, Gruden had to create new plays when Galloway came on board. Gruden has gone on record saying Stovall can be the #1 guy.
Of course he's going to talk up the young players he drafted when the team is 4-12. He's got a job to preserve and a future to get people excited over. But when you get down to it the two most productive and important receivers Gruden has had in Tampa are Keenan McCardell and Galloway.

PirateBooty

Starter

#27 : January 26, 2007, 11:38:53 AM

-- Lelie Voids Contract and Will Hit the Free Agent Market --
With a little luck, we might just avoid him. *crosses fingers*

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#28 : January 26, 2007, 12:15:50 PM

You don't need to have top-end speed to be the #1 or #2 in Gruden's offense. In fact, Gruden had to create new plays when Galloway came on board. Gruden has gone on record saying Stovall can be the #1 guy.
Of course he's going to talk up the young players he drafted when the team is 4-12. He's got a job to preserve and a future to get people excited over. But when you get down to it the two most productive and important receivers Gruden has had in Tampa are Keenan McCardell and Galloway.

And McCardell was no speed demon. You could probably say that Key was our most productive WR besides Galloway, too.

What was said about Stovall being groomed to take over for Galloway is fact. We're not pulling your leg on that one. It isn't the speed that matters. It is more about where you line up on the field. From there Gruden will feature someone. Right now our feature is Galloway, but don't fall into the trap of believing that the X WR in our offense (which is what he plays IIRC) is always your fast, field stretcher. That just isn't true. Key played the same position and he was not fast at all.

In fact, our best year with WRs? The end of 2002 and beginning of 2003. We had Key, Jurevicius, and McCardell. None were speed demons.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 26, 2007, 12:25:28 PM

give this guy a cheap contract. if we sign him then that kills the idea of drafting CJ instead we can draft J.thomas or a great D player with our #1 pick, i like it
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lelie voids the last year of his contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools