Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lelie voids the last year of his contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: January 26, 2007, 07:50:58 AM

-- Lelie Voids Contract and Will Hit the Free Agent Market --
Thu Jan 25, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports Atlanta Falcons WR Ashley Lelie, whom the team traded for last summer, voided his contract on Friday and is now scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. He had play-time incentives that allowed him to void the final year remaining on his contract. That makes him the top free agent wide out on the open market. Lelie was made expendable when Denver traded for WR Javon Walker but clearly wanted out before that trade was ever made. Atlanta traded, in essence, RB T.J. Duckett through Washington, for Lelie in the preseason.

Hilarious, he's running out of town away from Vick. He's a really good player and IMO the Bucs should take a lok at him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2007, 08:25:43 AM

Would you want to be continuously scapegoated for Michael Vick's inadequacies?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#2 : January 26, 2007, 08:28:42 AM

If Lelie is the top wideout in the free agent market than this really is a sad crop of players. Personally, I'd rather have Drew Bennett.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2007, 08:38:02 AM

really? DB's good but Lelie's a legitimate deep threat with great speed. He played really well in Denver but then went to the graveyard for WR's, Atlanta. That's a good thing for the team that wants to sgin him because his value's been diminished working with that garbage QB.

nflinsider

Starter

#4 : January 26, 2007, 08:43:14 AM

Would you want to be continuously scapegoated for Michael Vick's inadequacies?

Exactly! The dude is tired of getting the finger pointed him.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 26, 2007, 09:03:10 AM

Lelie sucks all on his own, he doesn't need Vick to cause him more problems.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 26, 2007, 09:20:35 AM

I think he's a solid #2 WR who can stretch the D

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 26, 2007, 09:22:40 AM

He's only broached 50 catches one time in his career and is more than 40 catch type guy than 50-60 catch type #2. He's a 3rd WR you can use to stretch the field so a player like what Mike Clayton used to be can work underneath.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#8 : January 26, 2007, 09:23:06 AM

In the games I saw of him this lyear, he did seem to have major hands issues, though.  We'll see how he does next year elsewhere.  I bet he wishes he had stayed in Denver now...

BucfaninDC

Starter

#9 : January 26, 2007, 09:24:01 AM

He's no Larry Brackins, but I'd at least take a look at him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 26, 2007, 09:24:37 AM

If Lelie is the top wideout in the free agent market than this really is a sad crop of players. Personally, I'd rather have Drew Bennett.

Depending on the level he is tendered (he is a 4th round RFA), I think Ernest Wilford is the best fit for the Bucs at WR

bchrist

Starter
#11 : January 26, 2007, 09:25:54 AM

Another receiver with shaky hands...

#12 : January 26, 2007, 09:34:59 AM

Another receiver with shaky hands...

Agreed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 26, 2007, 09:38:20 AM

Stallworth will be the top WR when he hits the market most likely.  I can not see the Eagles re-signing him before free agency begins.

#14 : January 26, 2007, 09:41:46 AM

Stallworth will be the top WR when he hits the market most likely.  I can not see the Eagles re-signing him before free agency begins.

Isn't he signed through 2007, with a base salary of $545,000?

http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=32989

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the data there.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lelie voids the last year of his contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools