Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Bears Conspiracy « previous next »
Page: 1

Mohawkbucs

Starter

: January 26, 2007, 12:29:42 PM

I dont know if you guys have experienced this with any Bears fans about the upcoming SB weekend, but alot of them are crying that they are being picked on by the media, like how bears fans were holding "finishing what katrina started" and such, ive heard that bears fans think they are being picked on and they think its a anti-bears conspiracy, and its starting to get really annoying like some of the bucs fans that think that everybody in the NFL and media is out to get them, anybody else experience this?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : January 26, 2007, 12:37:55 PM

I have a professor who is a Bears fan. He used to be a season ticket holder there. We've had this type of conversation a few times. Both of us have had great experiences going to Big 10 football games in college. He went to Purdue and I have visited Happy Valley to see Penn State many times.

Being a Bears fan, he often said that he felt embarrased over the way other Bears fans acted towards the other team. Yelling profanities at young children (5-7 years old) wearing a jersey of the other team with their parents, spilling / throwing beer. It is all disgusting behavior and it is no surprise to me that this happened. It sounds a lot like what the fans in Philadelphia would do which I have had experiences with myself.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 26, 2007, 12:39:26 PM

I can appreciate what they went through as NO residents, but you want an apology because some Bears fans brought up Katrina?  Give me a break!  I don't condone doing that and I personally wouldn't do it, but you chose to go to a road playoff game.  No one made you go there.  What did they think was going to happen?  They should just God they had Philly at home.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : January 26, 2007, 12:42:35 PM

well its not even just this incident, its all the ones happening for the past couple weeks

"everybody wanted the saints to win because of the story"

"The bears are always underdogs"

they just have been crying alot for a team going to the SB, and they think the media is turning on them, which is just stupid

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : January 26, 2007, 12:48:55 PM

I can appreciate what they went through as NO residents, but you want an apology because some Bears fans brought up Katrina?  Give me a break!  I don't condone doing that and I personally wouldn't do it, but you chose to go to a road playoff game.  No one made you go there.  What did they think was going to happen?  They should just God they had Philly at home.

What if you were from New Orleans and your wife and child were killed in the hurricane? You're traveling to see a football game in which your favorite team is playing. You aren't being obnoxious, you aren't causing a scene but because you are wearing a Saints jersey somebody brings up the hurricane. The hurricane the event that killed your family, wiped out your house, took your neighbors with it. You don't bring up the hurricane and say that you want the Saints to win because of it, you are a resident of New Orleans and you just want to have some normalcy back in your life. The storm basically took your life.

Now do you even have a heart? Bringing up the hurricane is just not fair. They deserve an apology. They were there to see a football game. I don't want to hear anything about how they should have known about what would happen if they went there. If they were mistreated by people screaming "Super Bowl, Super Bears" that is fine. You don't go screaming insults about the natural disaster that nobody could help and took many lives. That is ridiculous man.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 26, 2007, 12:50:10 PM

the bears have a very un-sexy team, similiar to our team in 2002...

but they do however have a black coach, did you guys know that? The media is very happy about that...

the media definately wanted a colt-saints super bowl, but they didn't get it...

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#6 : January 26, 2007, 02:13:07 PM

Real smart... [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 26, 2007, 02:25:54 PM

I can appreciate what they went through as NO residents, but you want an apology because some Bears fans brought up Katrina? Give me a break! I don't condone doing that and I personally wouldn't do it, but you chose to go to a road playoff game. No one made you go there. What did they think was going to happen? They should just God they had Philly at home.

What if you were from New Orleans and your wife and child were killed in the hurricane? You're traveling to see a football game in which your favorite team is playing. You aren't being obnoxious, you aren't causing a scene but because you are wearing a Saints jersey somebody brings up the hurricane. The hurricane the event that killed your family, wiped out your house, took your neighbors with it. You don't bring up the hurricane and say that you want the Saints to win because of it, you are a resident of New Orleans and you just want to have some normalcy back in your life. The storm basically took your life.

Now do you even have a heart? Bringing up the hurricane is just not fair. They deserve an apology. They were there to see a football game. I don't want to hear anything about how they should have known about what would happen if they went there. If they were mistreated by people screaming "Super Bowl, Super Bears" that is fine. You don't go screaming insults about the natural disaster that nobody could help and took many lives. That is ridiculous man.

Like I said.  I wouldn't do it.  But I don't think they deserve an apology.  Apparently I have no heart.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 26, 2007, 03:31:35 PM

I gotta say, being a Gator fan it's real hard to root for Manning. Plus, the Colts don't have any Gators on the roster while the Bears have 4. However, I remember the obnoxious Bears fan in the ol' Sombrero and there is no way I will root for the Bears. That group of people is right there with Eagles fan, IMO.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Bears Conspiracy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools