Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNNSI Don Banks Round 1 Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : January 26, 2007, 08:46:25 PM

CJ + Sto + Warren + Smith = Dangerous.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#31 : January 26, 2007, 08:46:43 PM

Are you blind? Galloway will retire soon, so will Ike, Clayton sucks and Stovall is still unkown. Nope, we're set at WR.

I'm not blind -- but you'd have to be to think that using a top draft pick on a wideout is anything other than a waste of everyones collective time.

A team can assemble a WR corps that is competent and wins football games -- New England does it, Chicago did it, Philly did it, New Orleans did it, the New York Jets did it -- without investing top-5 and top-10 draft picks into it.

Or, if you want, you can call Detroit and ask them how Mike Williams is doing. Maybe a phone call to Arizona and ask how much more fun the playoffs were on TV knowing your home team had Larry Fitzgerald sitting at home watching the games with you.

#32 : January 26, 2007, 08:47:14 PM

Which=Good luck secondary=more running room for Caddy

Everybody wins.

#33 : January 26, 2007, 08:48:00 PM

Are you blind? Galloway will retire soon, so will Ike, Clayton sucks and Stovall is still unkown. Nope, we're set at WR.

I'm not blind -- but you'd have to be to think that using a top draft pick on a wideout is anything other than a waste of everyones collective time.

A team can assemble a WR corps that is competent and wins football games -- New England does it, Chicago did it, Philly did it, New Orleans did it, the New York Jets did it -- without investing top-5 and top-10 draft picks into it.
CJ might be the BPA when we pick. Should we pass that up?

#34 : January 26, 2007, 08:48:26 PM

Which=Good luck secondary=more running room for Caddy

Everybody wins.
And = loads of clock coming off = rested D = better performance.

Football = game of math.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#35 : January 26, 2007, 08:51:48 PM

CJ might be the BPA when we pick. Should we pass that up?

I recognize I'm in the minority, but I'd rather reach a *little* bit and get to an area of desperate need (D Line, O Line, Safety, and QB) rather than draft BPA for a position that can be easily filled in free agency and depends on other things working right (O-Line and QB) to be effective.

That's just my take. Lots of great WRs watching from home as guys like Mushin Muhammad, Jabbar Gaffney, Marques Colston, and Hank Baskett caught passes in games that meant something.

#36 : January 26, 2007, 09:59:51 PM

I don't know...but it's really quite irrelevant.

Taking a look at the teams in the playoffs this year, offensive success in the NFL comes from talent on the line and under center, not the guys catching the football.

If this team could block well and had competent QB play, the WR corps of Galloway, Clayton, Hilliard and Stovall would be more than adequate to carry this team on offense.

Drafting another WR is not only superfilious, it actually hurts the team because it fails to address a key need.

You're entitled to your opinion but IMO, if the Patriots had something other than their mediocre wrs, they'd be playing next weekend.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNNSI Don Banks Round 1 Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools