Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carr for a 4th? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

psymun

Starter
#15 : January 26, 2007, 03:57:28 PM

The way I see it... what other option do we have? Trade for Jake Plummer? Trade for Donovan Mcnabb? Sign Jeff Garcia? Draft Brady Quinn?

The worst that could happen is he doesn't start and we lost a 4th rounder...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 26, 2007, 04:02:46 PM

I'd like to see what Hackett could do with him.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 26, 2007, 04:04:51 PM

It now says "3rd round pick".  That is more believable. Wonder why he got it wrong?  Did he forget what his two league sources told him?  Anyway, I would give up a 3rd rounder for him, but maybe not our third. Maybe do some dealing for a later 3rd and trade that one.   On the other hand we would be able to avoid a signing bonus by getting him through a trade.  Either just pay him his base salary, or redo his deal to minimize the cap hit for this year.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#18 : January 26, 2007, 04:05:12 PM

now i don't think Carr is an upgrade over Simms, so for this deal i'm not to sure it would be wise,  with the lack of options in FA and the only real winners being Plummer, Carr and Garcia its gonnna be tough, our choices are limited and we are competeing against other teams to pick them up.....but if we can get him for a 4th then go for it

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : January 26, 2007, 04:06:15 PM

I'd love to have David Carr.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 26, 2007, 04:09:03 PM

now i don't think Carr is an upgrade over Simms

I guess it depends on your POV, whether you're considering raw ability or if you care to factor experience into the equation.

#21 : January 26, 2007, 04:11:22 PM

I don't watch many Texan games, so I'll admit I'm not sure if his INTs are a result of tips or just plain out bad throws, he for a while was the top passer in the league this year though, that may spell he was starting to 'get it'.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 26, 2007, 04:17:01 PM

Give Carr confidence in his line and he can be a good passer. But when linemen are getting up in his face, he tends to make bad decisions and throw bad passes. He does have a lot of upside though. Maybe Gruden can work with him and erase the bad habits he got in Houston.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 26, 2007, 04:21:59 PM

Its fine to not like Carr or any of the others.  But the Bucs must find another quarterback, and I'm sure we'd all like to hear a better idea for how they are going to get one. 

fsubob

Second String

#24 : January 26, 2007, 04:50:09 PM

I like Carr, it's just that I worry how close he is to having multiple concussions.  Hasn't he broken records for being sacked more than any other QB in a season?   The good news is that if we don't improve the O-line, he should (at least) be used to being sacked all the time.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#25 : January 26, 2007, 04:55:04 PM

249 sacks or so in 5 yrs........be tough for him to switch his senses to look past the rush

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 26, 2007, 04:57:15 PM

Carr, Plummer, Garcia...

Carr for a 4th, sure
not for a 3rd though.

Averaging 49.5 sacks a year is not a good think, bad line or not, throw the damn ball away

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 26, 2007, 05:02:45 PM

249 sacks or so in 5 yrs........be tough for him to switch his senses to look past the rush

He had some Rob John in him.

Carr was dropped once every 8.9 passing attempts in the last 2 years.

His backups have been sacked 1 time every 64 passing attempts the last 2 years. His backups are Tony Banks and Sage Rosenfelds so these aren't primo QB's either.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#28 : January 26, 2007, 05:05:12 PM

He had some Rob John in him.

Carr was dropped once every 8.9 passing attempts in the last 2 years.

His backups have been sacked 1 time every 64 passing attempts the last 2 years. His backups are Tony Banks and Sage Rosenfelds so these aren't primo QB's either.

That answers a question of mine: his fault or the line's?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 26, 2007, 05:15:08 PM

That answers a question of mine: his fault or the line's?

It doesn't answer it for me. Over the past two seasons Banks and Rosenfels combined for only 66 passing attempts, while over the same two seasons Carr has thrown the ball almost 900 times. Not a really fair sampling, I'd say.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carr for a 4th? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools