Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye on the Bucs staff « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: January 26, 2007, 05:00:31 PM

“It’s been a great experience,” Okoye said. “It’s been a long but short week, you know. It’s good interacting with these Tampa Bay coaches. I get along with them pretty good, especially Coach Bisaccia – I can’t pronounce his name that well, and he can’t pronounce mine very good either, but he’s a good cat, though.”

In fact, Okoye was so appreciative of the direction and guidance he received this week that he said he wished the celebrated all-star game was open to juniors who are entering the draft.

“This week was good, man,” Okoye said. “I think this is beneficial for everyone. Juniors who are coming out early – I wish they could enjoy this too because this is quite an experience and worth it.”

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5641

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2007, 05:41:02 PM

OK sign him up. I don't care how good a wr is if you Don't have time to run a rout what good would the WR be

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 26, 2007, 05:44:50 PM

OK sign him up. I don't care how good a wr is if you Don't have time to run a rout what good would the WR be
Hopefully your joking there is clearly NO defensive player worthy of a Top 3 or 4 selection.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : January 26, 2007, 05:53:40 PM

Hopefully your joking there is clearly NO defensive player worthy of a Top 3 or 4 selection.

Your right, if the Bucs were to select him, they would trade way their pick and draft him in the mid-first round.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 26, 2007, 05:56:03 PM

That just goes to show you that offensive player get more press because offence is stat heavy compared to the defence.

Defence is measured more as a team effort then individual

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : January 26, 2007, 07:34:45 PM

That just goes to show you that offensive player get more press because offence is stat heavy compared to the defence.

Defence is measured more as a team effort then individual

For one, its defense. For two he plays DL which is usually measured in sacks or fatness.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 26, 2007, 07:40:01 PM

and for 3 I would take Carriker before him.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 26, 2007, 07:48:14 PM

Carricker is a tweener though.

Give me a pure player.  Although I love hybrid players (Eg Udeze) and the versaitility they provide the Bucs have stockpiled on them.  They need to find a pure player at undertackle and DE.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 26, 2007, 07:58:55 PM

That was Okoye's second idea for an interview.  The first one he said "Those coaches are a pain in the ass.  I hope they draft me!"  He decided against that and went with "I really love those guys!"  instead.

#9 : January 26, 2007, 11:37:55 PM

Carricker is a tweener though.

Give me a pure player.  Although I love hybrid players (Eg Udeze) and the versaitility they provide the Bucs have stockpiled on them.  They need to find a pure player at undertackle and DE.

How true.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 27, 2007, 02:27:16 PM

I am not sold on this kid yet.  I watched exactly two games of his (one versus West Virginia, I found out his age in that one), and he didn't look all that amazing to me.  Both games he played well, but nothing to make me think he is a bonafide top 8 guy...

richbucsfan

Starter

#11 : January 27, 2007, 04:19:55 PM

He's 19. He'd get mauled by NFL talent. If you ever watched him play at Louisville, you would have seen him get blown off the ball more often than not.  Let's get real, he's a teenager and teenagers don't belong in the NFL. The NBA maybe but not the NFL.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye on the Bucs staff « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools