Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The sweepstakes begin Sunday for Cutler!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

NPR-BUC

Starter

: March 21, 2009, 03:20:30 PM

LINK: http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/sports/sportstalk/story/Jay-Cutler-sweepstakes-begin-Sunday/RnLan3K0sUOdJL4pIbxIxA.cspx

Story:

Jay Cutler sweepstakes begin Sunday
Reported by: Tom Korun
Email: tkorun@abcactionnews.com
Last Update: 2:31 pm
Are Bucs looking to trade for Cutler?
Are Bucs looking to trade for Cutler?
Gentlemen, start the bidding.  The ante......

Interesting situation the Denver Broncos are in.  Quarterback Jay Cutler is doing everything in his power to get traded, including a demand to be jettisoned to another team.

The Broncos are not really enjoying this riff with their starting QB since word got out that Denver's new Head Coach Josh McDaniels wanted to trade Cutler for Matt Cassel.

Cutler blew off the teams first meeting under McDaniels on Monday.

With as many as ten teams, including the Buccaneers eyeing Cutler, Denver should come out of this fiasco in fine shape.  Someone is going to give up a #1 and more to get him.

Who's inquiring outside the Bucs?  How about Cleveland, Tennessee, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Carolina, and even Arizona.

Unfortunately, the Buccaneers have little ammo to pull this thing off.  They have a #1, but nothing else.  Their #2 overall pick is gone (for TE Kellen Winslow).  Problem is, the Bucs need a QB.

So, if a #1 and #3 would get him, do you let it rip?  If it were any other position, I would say no.  But this is a QB, and a pretty darn good one.

We know the Bucs are very interested.  My guess.  The Bucs make their best offer and end this play one way or another at the end of these owner's meetings. 

But, before I get into the bidding process, I call Cutler.  He needs to convince me he wouldn't mind playing for the Pewter and Red.  Then I'd tell him to get rid of his agent Buzz Cook.  That would just be some professional advice, free of charge.
Copyright 2009 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

GhostOfChucky

Rookie

#1 : March 21, 2009, 03:32:46 PM

It should be interesting.

gousfbulls

Starter

#2 : March 21, 2009, 04:01:17 PM

Buzz Cook?

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#3 : March 21, 2009, 04:08:42 PM

Ill be the happiest man if we got him..

Booker

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 21, 2009, 04:09:55 PM

Out of the teams named only one can offer a QB, Cleveland. Tennesse just paid Collins and Denver does not want a QB with 2 years at most left and Vince is not a good QB. Arizona just paid Warner and what would Cutler do foe the 2 years Warner is playing? Leinart is also not a game winning QB. Chicago, no QB to offer. Carolina, Delholme? LOL everyone seen his playoffs and he is done and Peppers wants way more than Denver can pay. Detroit is obvious. We don't have a QB to offer either so this will be fun

#5 : March 21, 2009, 04:14:04 PM

Folks still forget Cutler has some leverage as to where he ends up. If dude says he's not signing an extension, no team is gonna trade for him.

goobtube

Starter

#6 : March 21, 2009, 04:15:24 PM

I will be praying. Come on M.D make it HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 21, 2009, 04:30:36 PM

jeeez. do we need a new thread to discuss this?

goobtube

Starter

#8 : March 21, 2009, 04:35:29 PM

Cutler 3-1 vs the South last year 84-128 (65.6%) 879 yds 5 TD 2 INT. We sure could use him in the Division.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 21, 2009, 05:43:20 PM

would love to see it happen but i just dont see us having much to offer, like other teams

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 21, 2009, 06:05:41 PM

Folks still forget Cutler has some leverage as to where he ends up. If dude says he's not signing an extension, no team is gonna trade for him.

If I remember correctly, the Ravens found this out too late once they had traded for TO.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The sweepstakes begin Sunday for Cutler!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools