Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Grill a burger, go to jail" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 27, 2007, 09:06:21 AM

NO TAILGATING AT THE SUPER BOWL

Folks attending next weekend's Super Bowl in Miami should leave the Hibachi at home.  Or, at a minimum, one mile away from the stadium.

CBS 4 in Miami-Ft. Lauderdale reports that tailgating is a no-no for Super Sunday.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, told CBS 4.  "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium."

Also, leave the RVs at home.  They're not allowed, either.

Apparently, there has been a discrepancy between the Dolphins and the league regarding whether tailgating would be allowed.  A team official told CBS 4 on Tuesday that tailgating was permitted; Jaquez says otherwise.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," Jaquez said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating -- or think it's going to be allowed -- then they need to contact the NFL."

Jaquez said that persons who violate the rule could face charges.

Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police said that the rule will be enforced, but indicated that folks will have a chance to shut down.  Anyone caught grilling or consuming alcohol within one mile of the stadium "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave."

"We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game," Fonticella said.

The stated reason is security.  Coincidentally, there surely will be plenty of food and booze available, for a fee, in and around the stadium.

Wow, what a bunch of nazis.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 27, 2007, 09:20:12 AM

Not surprising, they need to collect the money and they make very little if you are grilling your own food.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 27, 2007, 10:08:08 AM

I don't know how the NFL can control anything that isn't on stadium property.  The NFL doesn't own the United States.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 27, 2007, 10:18:14 AM

I don't know how the NFL can control anything that isn't on stadium property.  The NFL doesn't own the United States.

..or DO they?

DUN DUN DUN!

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 27, 2007, 11:13:13 AM

Thats ridiculous.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 27, 2007, 02:08:04 PM

Money, Money, Money!! That's what it's all about. If people are walking in with full tummies and a good buzz on, they won't be likely to buy that $7 hamburger and $10 cup of beer.
And Corpse, that's the first time I've ever seen a who's the boss signature! But no Alyssa Milano?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 27, 2007, 02:09:38 PM

What a joke.  Who is running the NFL "rules committee" on such things?  The TBBBB mods?  SOunds like something they would say...

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 27, 2007, 02:21:04 PM

When on property that is owned/run by the NFL, they can set the rules.  The rest is on the city.  I'm sure that some people live within a mile of the Stadium.  Will the police be conducting kitchen raids?

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 27, 2007, 02:48:06 PM

Wow, talk about overstepping your juistiction. People can't grill on their front lawn if they live within a mile of the stadium and it's illegal to knock back a cold one too?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 27, 2007, 04:15:39 PM

I was at the last SB played in Miami.  ATL vs Denver...There was all kinds of tailgating going on.  I mean even though they got smoked, them folks from the ATL know how to eat...It was collards, rice, bar-b-que ribs, fried pork chops, and them some...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 27, 2007, 04:20:56 PM

When on property that is owned/run by the NFL, they can set the rules. The rest is on the city. I'm sure that some people live within a mile of the Stadium. Will the police be conducting kitchen raids?

I'm going to assume the NFL has set the rule on its own land and the city has agreed to go along on lands within one mile.  However, there is no way the poilce can arrest you for grilling in your front yard if you live there.  The crackdown will come most likely on public land, or in the event of a large tailgate, on land that does not belong to the tailgaters.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 27, 2007, 05:03:29 PM

Well the city might agree simply because if they don't they may not get another Superbowl down there for a while.  They really don't have much choice I guess.  Although if you are a police officer are you going to go around like Elliot Ness busting up barbeques with a baseball bat?

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 27, 2007, 05:52:58 PM

Miami's already got Super Bowl XLIV

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 27, 2007, 07:01:57 PM

Well the city might agree simply because if they don't they may not get another Superbowl down there for a while.  They really don't have much choice I guess.  Although if you are a police officer are you going to go around like Elliot Ness busting up barbeques with a baseball bat?

"COME ON GUYS LET'S DO SOME GOOD!!"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : January 27, 2007, 07:22:48 PM

Money, Money, Money!! That's what it's all about. If people are walking in with full tummies and a good buzz on, they won't be likely to buy that $7 hamburger and $10 cup of beer.
And Corpse, that's the first time I've ever seen a who's the boss signature! But no Alyssa Milano?

Ehhh I didn't want to put a 12 year old version of her.. and the version I want to put of her in a sig.. well that will get me banned.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Grill a burger, go to jail" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools