Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heads up, senior bowl pregame on... « previous next »
Page: 1

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 27, 2007, 03:02:37 PM

Its going to be a look at the weeks worth of workouts, should be some good stuff. Just a heads up to ya guys...

Baghead #2

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 27, 2007, 03:29:18 PM

Watching it now.  Did you just see the interview with the Browns GM?  It appears that if we don't win that coin toss we won't have a shot at Joe Thomas.  He really talked Thomas up and said Quinn needed work.  When asked about Russell he said he's impressive but they don't know much about him since he's a junior.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 27, 2007, 04:12:51 PM

Watching it now. Did you just see the interview with the Browns GM? It appears that if we don't win that coin toss we won't have a shot at Joe Thomas. He really talked Thomas up and said Quinn needed work. When asked about Russell he said he's impressive but they don't know much about him since he's a junior.

Don't believe the hype.  If you read his comment, between the lines, JT is as good as ours...They all lie like rugs right now.  Anybody they talk down is the guy they truly covet...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 27, 2007, 04:22:05 PM

Watching it now. Did you just see the interview with the Browns GM? It appears that if we don't win that coin toss we won't have a shot at Joe Thomas. He really talked Thomas up and said Quinn needed work. When asked about Russell he said he's impressive but they don't know much about him since he's a junior.

At this point in the process, I refuse to believe they don't know much about Russell. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 27, 2007, 04:32:46 PM

North team looking good

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 27, 2007, 04:39:04 PM

You're right a GM isn't going to come right out and say truthfully this is the way we will draft but I don't think they will take Quinn and would likely take Thomas if they get the third pick.  I'm also sure they know plenty about Russell but he was saying that in comparison to the seniors who have been scouted for a lot longer.  I should have worded my first post a little better and gave more context since seeing it for yourself gives tone, body language etc.   So far Okoye, Buster Davis, and Leonard look good.  Since Leonard wants to abandon being a good receiving fullback that blocks decently and become a true halfback I think we should look elsewhere for a FB but he is impressive.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 27, 2007, 05:21:28 PM

You're right a GM isn't going to come right out and say truthfully this is the way we will draft but I don't think they will take Quinn and would likely take Thomas if they get the third pick. I'm also sure they know plenty about Russell but he was saying that in comparison to the seniors who have been scouted for a lot longer. I should have worded my first post a little better and gave more context since seeing it for yourself gives tone, body language etc. So far Okoye, Buster Davis, and Leonard look good. Since Leonard wants to abandon being a good receiving fullback that blocks decently and become a true halfback I think we should look elsewhere for a FB but he is impressive.

I havn't been able to watch any of the practices, but I'm reading the fullback out of Alabama is killing people.  Let me know what he looks like when he gets in.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 27, 2007, 05:32:07 PM

Le’Ron McClain   RB   6-0   258   Alabama

I've tried to keep an eye out for his performance but the South team's offense looks like the Bucs.  3 and out will the occasional first down and if they start to move the ball they have a turnover.   Hopefully he gets more opportunities in the second half.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heads up, senior bowl pregame on... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools