Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SENIOR BOWL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

coopsxx

Starter
: January 27, 2007, 04:26:11 PM

Levi Brown and Okoye are looking real good, would love to have either of them, but i guess we would need to trade down.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 27, 2007, 04:34:05 PM

Okoye is looking real good also the North FB brian lenerd

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 27, 2007, 04:43:03 PM

Okoye is a beast, Leonard does look good but he clearly doesn't want to be a west coast fullback and would rather be someone's #1 tailback.  I don't think that will work for him but oh well.  His blocking needs work.  I'm hoping Bowe gets a lot of balls thrown his way. Stanton is in at QB for the north and watching some highlights from practice Gruden rode him hard.  He was pushing him around by the shoulder pads and told him "I know it's hard to learn(regarding the playbook) but you've got to do it."

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 27, 2007, 04:59:20 PM

Yes it doesn't appear that Leonard is a fit for the Bucs.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 27, 2007, 05:00:59 PM

the north looks good

coopsxx

Starter
#5 : January 27, 2007, 05:03:35 PM

wow the bucs staff is manhandling nolan's boys, good coaching so far.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 27, 2007, 05:05:41 PM

yeah they look like a pro D

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 27, 2007, 05:07:40 PM

The north's dline is totally dominating.  Looks like the Bucs coaching staff did a good job, hope that transfers to the regular season.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 27, 2007, 05:25:07 PM

For those like me who do not have NFL Network, you can listen to the local broadcast of the game at this link:

http://www.wnsp.com/index2.php?lang=ENG&page=listenlive.html

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 27, 2007, 05:34:19 PM

Yes it doesn't appear that Leonard is a fit for the Bucs.

That is kind of how I see it.  He looks comfortable catching the ball but he is not a dominant blocker.  It is hard to be a fullback if your not a great blocker.  He's got talent it just doesn't seem like it would fit the need here.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 27, 2007, 05:37:40 PM

I've been most impressed with Levi Brown so far. Okoye has been good too, but the North defense has barely been on the field.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 27, 2007, 05:39:12 PM

South squad first half  4 first downs compared to 14 and -5 rushing yards.    For LeeroyBuc-Mcclain is hitting the holes hard and standing up the LBs he's blocking but he hasn't layed anyone out yet.  He appears to have decent speed for his weight.

South gets one first down and punts on first possession of second half.  That series was all Carriker.  Had pressure on the QB on 2 plays and showed he can be good in pass coverage with his huge wingspan and good speed.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 27, 2007, 05:48:35 PM

For those like me who do not have NFL Network, you can listen to the local broadcast of the game at this link:

http://www.wnsp.com/index2.php?lang=ENG&page=listenlive.html

Thanks, man, I was looking for some sort of broacast!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 27, 2007, 05:52:08 PM

OMG ... this is gettin' silly ... the North is killin'em

There are some serious studs on the North squad

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 27, 2007, 05:56:52 PM

South squad first half  4 first downs compared to 14 and -5 rushing yards.    For LeeroyBuc-Mcclain is hitting the holes hard and standing up the LBs he's blocking but he hasn't layed anyone out yet.  He appears to have decent speed for his weight.

South gets one first down and punts on first possession of second half.  That series was all Carriker.  Had pressure on the QB on 2 plays and showed he can be good in pass coverage with his huge wingspan and good speed. He also has a forced fumble.

Appreciate it BuccinA.  As long as he's standing them up I'm happy.  It pretty much takes a lot of things all going right for a FB to blast a quality LB off his feet.  But if he can stand them up regularly, that's all you can really ask for.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SENIOR BOWL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools