Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Malcolm Jenkins « previous next »
Page: 1

: March 26, 2009, 10:30:11 AM

Jenkins could be the guy to see the drop this year in the draft....if he is there at 19 he could be a great addition to the secondary at either Safety or CB

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 26, 2009, 10:47:31 AM

Jenkins was top 5 when looking at some mock drafts before or around the playoffs, I'm assuming that was because he could play. 40 times are why he isn't looked at like that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 26, 2009, 10:59:21 AM

There is no reason for the Bucs to even think about a corner who may need to play safety. He needs to be a corner all the way.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#3 : March 26, 2009, 11:05:28 AM

There is no reason for the Bucs to even think about a corner who may need to play safety. He needs to be a corner all the way.

If I am not mistaken we may need a corner or a safety this season

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 26, 2009, 11:08:50 AM

If I am not mistaken we may need a corner or a safety this season
While we do need a corner, as I said the Bucs can't take a chance on a player who may not be a 100% corner, seeing as Jackson should have free safety locked down for the next 7-8 years, and Jenkins doesn't have the skill set to play strong safety.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 26, 2009, 11:17:24 AM

Jenkins was top 5 when looking at some mock drafts before or around the playoffs, I'm assuming that was because he could play. 40 times are why he isn't looked at like that.

Jenkins has been a bit overrated at CB for a couple of years.  He's a great tackler, but doesn't have the cover skills you want in a CB in the NFL.

The bloom started to fade from his rose halfway through this CFB season.  All the Combine did was confirm those thoughts, IMO.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 26, 2009, 06:14:02 PM

It's crazy you started this thread, because I was thinking the same damn thing at work today. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 26, 2009, 06:19:33 PM

OSU might be the most overrated program but they do turn out good pro corners.

#8 : March 27, 2009, 06:51:46 AM

OSU might be the most overrated program but they do turn out good pro corners.

If Miami is Linebacker U

tOSU is definatly CB U

Wouldnt mind Jenkins/Oher/Harvin/Davis at 19 if there
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Malcolm Jenkins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools