Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 132

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: April 29, 2009, 06:08:32 PM

Howard is suspended for game 6.

Bring the heat, Gortat!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2009, 06:34:41 PM

If they don't win tomorrow night I'm expecting a 30/30 from Dwight in game 7 at home with 6 blocks.

Well the silver lining to all of this might be I actually get to go to game 7.

The bad thing is we might lose...game 7 is unpredictable...hope we can manage. 

escobar

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2009, 06:13:39 PM

If they don't win tomorrow night I'm expecting a 30/30 from Dwight in game 7 at home with 6 blocks.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2009, 06:39:28 PM

I think the Sixers would get absolutely destroyed in a game 7 in Orlando. They had stretches last night where they looked so lost, and the intensity of a game 7 would make things even worse for them. Dwight is gonna be pissed, SVG would have them ready to play as he is now annoyed with the other coach, and I can imagine the fans would be going insane after this whole Howard debacle. I ALMOST want them to lose tomorrow so that I can see how dominant Dwight plays. Of course I don't really want them to lose, I just think it would most likely lead to one of the most dominant games of his career.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2009, 11:57:50 PM

Huge win for ATL tonight.  Miami just looks beaten up and worn. 

can be said for every night. No game has really been close in this series

LFO

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 28, 2009, 10:57:09 PM

Well, both SA and Houston have closed the gap, SA down 4 at half and Houston now down just 5 with a few minutes left in 2nd. 

Good to see close games at least. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 26, 2009, 04:24:08 PM

Its going to be good

Out west any team IMO can beat anyone
Lakers vs Mavericks
Portland vs Spurs
Utah vs Houston
Denver vs Nawlins
all great matchups IMO

Out east
Cavs Bulls
Orlando Detroit
Boston Philly
Atlanta Miami
not as good round 1 matchups but round 2 would be great

Things will change all the way to the last game, but its going to be great

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 26, 2009, 04:35:19 PM

Orlando Detroit

Could be an early exit for the Magic, unless SVG figures something out.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 26, 2009, 04:36:38 PM

Orlando Detroit

I was thinking it would be a good matchup, but Id say Magic in 6 or 7

MBF

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 26, 2009, 04:40:49 PM

Pretty much all of the match-ups you listed would be intriguing.

The East is looking good; Orlando-Detroit will be interesting to watch after what happened between them in the regular season, Atlanta-Miami will be closely matched and everyone will be watching Boston to see if they wear down as the season goes on. LeBron James in the post-season (as the #1 seed no less) will also be a big storyline.

Out West, it's all about Kobe and the Lakers. I think they can take care of Dallas pretty easily over a series, I'd root for your Blazers to take out the Spurs, and the Utah-Houston + Denver-NOLA will produce some good games.

All in all the post-season is shaping up nicely.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 26, 2009, 04:42:56 PM

Orlando Detroit

I still think, over 7 games, you guys could take care of them.

We'll see.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 26, 2009, 05:11:22 PM

With just 4 games separating #2-#8 in the West, the seedings are far from set, but with regard to the posted scenario, I doubt Dallas has the firepower to take 4 of 7 from LA. Especially if Bynum is back in time..

Portland/Spurs is a good matchup of young vs. old. I think Ginobili is the key, he has to round back into form or the Spurs could make an early exit. Portland's road trip just answered a lot of questions about their play away from the Rose Garden.

Utah/Houston, I see a very physical series. But I like Utah.

NO/Denver is gonna be a good battle, Billups made the Nugs a whole new team, but NO has a hungry and very dangerous Chris Paul. Hard to pick..

The East is so top-heavy, the only matchup that intrigues me is Atlanta/Miami. But yea, that second round is gonna be epic..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 26, 2009, 05:52:54 PM

With just 4 games separating #2-#8 in the West, the seedings are far from set, but with regard to the posted scenario, I doubt Dallas has the firepower to take 4 of 7 from LA. Especially if Bynum is back in time..

Portland/Spurs is a good matchup of young vs. old. I think Ginobili is the key, he has to round back into form or the Spurs could make an early exit. Portland's road trip just answered a lot of questions about their play away from the Rose Garden.

Utah/Houston, I see a very physical series. But I like Utah.

NO/Denver is gonna be a good battle, Billups made the Nugs a whole new team, but NO has a hungry and very dangerous Chris Paul. Hard to pick..

The East is so top-heavy, the only matchup that intrigues me is Atlanta/Miami. But yea, that second round is gonna be epic..

portland has a shot if the Spurs are banged up

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#13 : March 26, 2009, 07:39:07 PM

Gonna be a very good NBA post season this year.

Lakers should handle the Mavs with very little resistance IMO.

I think Portland has a very good shot if the Spurs are banged up, I like the Spurs however if Manu is on. Should come down to the end either way though.

I think Houston ends up taking out Utah in a battle, I just like that team with Artest leading them.

Denver and Nawlins should be epic, very good run and gun match up, I think New Orleans will take it, however it wouldn't surprise me to see Denver pull it off either. Long hard faught series either way though.

East should be boring until the 2nd round, except the ATL series, and the BOS Philly series could get interesting really fast IMO. If Philly is hot then Boston will struggle with their athletcism much like they did last year with ATL. I think Orlando should take it vs. DET but in the playoffs you can never count the Pistons out, unless your a Magic or Piston fan, that is going to be a boring Series IMVHO.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 27, 2009, 12:42:35 AM

Portland is officially ending Phoenix chances.

Shaq is a grumpy old man, got into with Pryzbilla (seems like they always have words for each other), now Shaq is giving Brooke Lopez an ear full hahaha

Page: 1 2 3 ... 132
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools