Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye already jumping into Top 10 by one pretty good mock draft... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: January 29, 2007, 03:17:00 PM

QB's are a crap shoot at best. As much as we need a cant miss you cant take a QB.

Every team that has ever picked in the top 5 needs a can't miss.  We are not unique. 

dm4bucs

Starter
#1 : January 29, 2007, 09:19:04 AM

http://www.draftseason.com/Lupagus

Raiders-1. JaMarcus Russell QB, LSU : The Raiders have to grab either Russell or Quinn here. Russell is the more impressive of the two and looks to have a great shot at being the no. 1 player taken.
Lions-2. Joe Thomas OT, Wisconsin : Calvin Johnson would be tempting, as would Quinn, but Millen has been burnt in the past on both of those positions so he goes with the safe pick of Thomas here.
Browns-3. Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame :I'm a huge Charlie Frye fan and would love to see the Browns give him one more ear, but I don't think they'll will. Quinn is NFL ready and will be a major upgrade over Frye/Anderson/Dorsey
Bucs-4. Calvin Johnson WR, Georgia Tech: The Bucs would be estatic if Johnson was still available here, especially with Galloway getting way up there in years and the dissapointment Michael Clayton has turned into.
Cardinals-5. Alan Branch DT, Michigan : The Cardinals grab the best defensive prospect on the board and now have an anchor in the middle of their d-line.
Redskins-6. Jamaal Anderson DE, Arkansas: The Skins biggest need is a pass rusher off the edge and Anderson is gonna be a freak, now the Skins have a nice 4 round wait until they pick again.
Vikings-7. Gaines Adams DE, Clemson : Coach Bland Childress definitely needs to add a wide receiver to his "Kick-Ass Offense" but the Wide Receiver class is so deep this year they can wait until round 2. So the Vikes add a pass rusher who can actually sack a quarterback.
Texans-8. Adrian Peterson RB, Oklahoma : If the Texans get A.P. here it will help the fans forget about them passing on Bush last year.
Dolphins-9. Amobi Okoye DT, Louisville: The Phins Defensive tackles are fossils and Okoye is only 19 and already is a difference maker.
Falcons-10. LaRon Landry S, LSU : The Falcons safeties just aren't real good but Landry. 

Not much chance trading back into the first round and getting okoye unless he tanks at the combine(doubtful)...only way is to trade down from 3/4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 29, 2007, 12:30:03 PM

Okoye will continue to rise up the board. Wait until he goes thru the cone drills and runs and lifts at the combine...

Baghead #2

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 29, 2007, 12:51:46 PM

If the Bucs were choosing in the top 10-15 range I'd love to take a chance on him, but he shouldn't even be considered with a top 3 or 4 pick.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 29, 2007, 12:58:02 PM

can we him AND CALVIN????  we need more than one star...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2007, 01:04:05 PM

Some of us here were trying to work a way out to make that a possility but I just don't see how we could put a package together that would not compromise the franchise.

The only shot we have to get Okoye is if Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson are all off the board. At that point we could either take Okoye or we could move back some spots and try to get him there.

I do think this. I think that when its all said and done and on the Bucs draft board I would think that he would be in their top 5. We need a UT, he is that rare prospect that would be the perfect guy for that position, a position we desperately need.

Baghead #2

#6 : January 29, 2007, 01:18:25 PM

This site gives a good indication of draft stock because they poll all mocks out there.

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/positions/all.php

Okoye is currently at 15 but his stock is rising faster than any other player, so he will be top 10 in the next month.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 29, 2007, 01:24:43 PM

I like Okoye too but just don't that he's as good as some of you have decided he is.  If Thomas, Quinn, and Johnson are all gone, we take Jamaal Anderson. 

corporal.clegg

Second String

#8 : January 29, 2007, 01:25:48 PM

If Thomas, Quinn, and Johnson are all gone, we take Jamaal Anderson.

Nope, we take Russell or trade down.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 29, 2007, 01:26:51 PM

If Thomas, Quinn, and Johnson are all gone, we take Jamaal Anderson.

Nope, we take Russell or trade down.

Yeah I forgot about Russell.   [banghead]  Good call.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 29, 2007, 01:28:26 PM

If the Bucs were choosing in the top 10-15 range I'd love to take a chance on him, but he shouldn't even be considered with a top 3 or 4 pick.

Buccaneers | Trading down a draft option
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:57:26 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be looking to upgrade numerous positions this offseason and the club could opt to trade down from their first-round draft choice (No. 3 or 4 overall) this year to accumulate additional draft choices. However, it is unlikely they will slide down too far as the Buccaneers view the 2007 Draft class as seven top prospects deep.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 29, 2007, 01:28:31 PM

I like Okoye too but just don't that he's as good as some of you have decided he is. If Thomas, Quinn, and Johnson are all gone, we take Jamaal Anderson.

I don't think so. I feel that finding that UT is way more difficult than finding that DE that can get upfield, just MHO. Plus FA greatly diminishes the need for a DE in R1.

Randy good find there, pretty interesting stuff. Some of that stuff is crazy funny. Like Joe Thomas in one mock was going 66th overall haha!

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 29, 2007, 01:30:51 PM

I like Okoye too but just don't that he's as good as some of you have decided he is. If Thomas, Quinn, and Johnson are all gone, we take Jamaal Anderson.

I don't think so. I feel that finding that UT is way more difficult than finding that DE that can get upfield, just MHO. Plus FA greatly diminishes the need for a DE in R1.

Randy good find there, pretty interesting stuff. Some of that stuff is crazy funny. Like Joe Thomas in one mock was going 66th overall haha!

Yeah.  If we cover DE in FA then we can look elsewhere.  I would still take one of the top flight QB's over Okoye if we had the chance.  UT's may be harder to find then DE's (maybe), but franchise QB's are harder to find than both.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 29, 2007, 01:36:16 PM

Buccaneers | Trading down a draft option
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:57:26 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be looking to upgrade numerous positions this offseason and the club could opt to trade down from their first-round draft choice (No. 3 or 4 overall) this year to accumulate additional draft choices. However, it is unlikely they will slide down too far as the Buccaneers view the 2007 Draft class as seven top prospects deep. 

Interesting that we have a 7 player top tier. That's deeper than I think most folks seem to have the top tier so we clearly think the draft runs deeper than most.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 29, 2007, 01:39:13 PM

Seven prospects deep?

Hmm...

*Adrian Peterson
*Brady Quinn
*Jemarcus Russell
*Joe Thomas
*Calvin Johnson
*Jammal Anderson/*Gaines Adams
*Amobi Okoye?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye already jumping into Top 10 by one pretty good mock draft... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools