Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So why wouldn't this work? « previous next »
Page: 1

kxdub

Practice Squad

: April 02, 2009, 06:45:17 AM

We enter into a three way trade with Denver and Cleveland

We give Cleveland our 2nd rd pick next year and Sean Mahan and/or Griese for Bardy Quinn

We then trade Brady Quinn and our first (19th overall) for Cutler

We get our QB, Cleveland gets an OL which they need and a pick, and Denver gets a well thought of QB with a connection to their system (the NE way), and a good pick.

Is this far fetched, to hard to do, unrealistic, or wishful thinking?  If we want it done, it can get done.  Move quickly and decisively!

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 02, 2009, 06:50:48 AM

According to ESPN, the deal does not have to involve a quarterback. It has to be at least 2 1st round picks though.

kxdub

Practice Squad

#2 : April 02, 2009, 06:53:53 AM

Is that two 1st round picks if you don't include a QB or regardless?  That wasn't specified.  Further though, that is the asking price, not necessarily what the market will bear.  For instance, Cassel brought a 2nd round pick.  I agree, I would over pay here, but overpaying means only giving a little more than whatever the next closest team is offering, right?

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 02, 2009, 07:02:03 AM

We enter into a three way trade with Denver and Cleveland

We give Cleveland our 2nd rd pick next year and Sean Mahan and/or Griese for Bardy Quinn

We then trade Brady Quinn and our first (19th overall) for Cutler

We get our QB, Cleveland gets an OL which they need and a pick, and Denver gets a well thought of QB with a connection to their system (the NE way), and a good pick.

Is this far fetched, to hard to do, unrealistic, or wishful thinking? If we want it done, it can get done. Move quickly and decisively!
In reality Cleveland would be giving up Quinn for a 2nd rounder....and be assuming the salaries for 2 backups that are somewhat overvalued.  I don't see where this is a good deal for the Browns and I believe the Broncos are going to take nothing less than 2 first round choices.  I put this under "wishful thinking".

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So why wouldn't this work? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools