Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa 2 and the UT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 31, 2007, 01:07:00 PM

Marcus Thomas is that talented.  But right now he is hovering around the 3rd/4th round range.  If he interviews poorly at the combine he will drop like a rock.  A solid interview and his back in the drivers seat.  That interview will the key as we all know he has the ability to put up the combine numbers.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 31, 2007, 02:11:47 PM

MT could be the steal of the draft and what we are looking for in speed and playmaking ability
he is 6'4 296 and runs a 4.7/40 squats 520 and benches 340+

1. There's no way thats correct.

2. I so called you pimping Thomas a while back. Oh well, it's nice to see one post here that isn't OKOYE OKOYE OKOYE!

Just read it on the GBN site that has all the stats on MT....he runs a 4.7- 40 time....If it wasnt for off the field issues he would have been a 1st rounder maybe the first DT taken.

Also he gets a bad rap for the Drug use. He tested positive at the beginning of the season. The second test was positive and he appealed stating the pot was still in his system. The union agreed after a negative third test.....However MT still was on a rehab program. The dismissal from the team came when he skipped his meeting and went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal....from what I hear MT is clean and has been since his first positive test.

He is geting the same rap Sapp did

For a third round pick he would be a STEAL!
Screw the forty time.  What difference does it make how fast a DT runs a forty?

I would rather see his shuttle numbers.  Those matter more.  How fast does he get from 0-10 yards?

You don't see too many DTs chasing running backs down from behind once they get downfield...last time I saw that, it was Warren Sapp doing it to Charlie Garner, and that was when Sapp was a Raider, and GArner was a Buc.  Forty times are overrated for DTs and DEs, IMO.

#32 : January 31, 2007, 02:12:12 PM

Marcus Thomas is that talented. But right now he is hovering around the 3rd/4th round range. If he interviews poorly at the combine he will drop like a rock. A solid interview and his back in the drivers seat. That interview will the key as we all know he has the ability to put up the combine numbers.

I have he currently being there for us at the top of the third round.
I see a lot of Warren Sapp in this guy...this is why I am so much for this kid. He is a relentless speed pass rusher at the UT who also has the ability to plug the run up the middle.  He has a 6'4 frame and at a perfect weight for his size at 296. What makes Marcus so good is he is so deceptively fast...and hard to block because he has the power to drive OL back.

If his head is screwed on right he will be a very very special player and one of those cats you hear about selected late that people scratch their heads about and wonder "Why did we take this guy and pass on Marcus Thomas?"

ADW is right he must have a good interview and a great combine (if he is invited) in order to show his potential.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#33 : February 01, 2007, 12:38:07 AM

Just read it on the GBN site that has all the stats on MT....he runs a 4.7- 40 time....If it wasnt for off the field issues he would have been a 1st rounder maybe the first DT taken.

I went and looked and GBN had him listed at:

# Marcus Thomas                      6-3, 290           4.95          Florida (O)

So you gave him another inch, another 6 lbs, and shaved .25 off his 40. Nice.

Also, Branch and Okoye might both go top 10 now. Not even the most biased MT pimp can claim he was ever a top 10 pick.

Also he gets a bad rap for the Drug use. He tested positive at the beginning of the season. The second test was positive and he appealed stating the pot was still in his system. The union agreed after a negative third test.....However MT still was on a rehab program. The dismissal from the team came when he skipped his meeting and went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal....from what I hear MT is clean and has been since his first positive test.

Oh, that makes me feel much better. Here I thought he just had the pot questions. Turns out, he could have probably been back playing if he hadn't skipped a meeting to go to HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS! Damn man, thats even worse. An undisciplined kid who can't take responsibility for his actions and handle the punishment, he leaves to go to freaking Halloween Horror Nights. This kid's dumber than I thought. Plus, he tested positive for marijuana, so how in the world does he get a bad rap for the drug use?! If he was clean, there wouldn't be any questions. He's not, so there is.

He is geting the same rap Sapp did

For a third round pick he would be a STEAL!

He's getting the same rap Claude Wroten did. And Antaaj Hawthorne too. People are so quick to compare him to the HOF over the other two.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#34 : February 01, 2007, 12:47:14 AM

Marcus Thomas is that talented.  But right now he is hovering around the 3rd/4th round range.  If he interviews poorly at the combine he will drop like a rock.  A solid interview and his back in the drivers seat.  That interview will the key as we all know he has the ability to put up the combine numbers.

The kid is talented, but I don't think he's anything special. I mean, the Okoye hype is getting on my nerves because his bandwagon is hitting a near-BMW like level in the matter of one week, literally. But at least that I can understand, he's a 19 year old kid having a great week in the most star-studded all star game there is, with plenty of talented guys trying to make names for themselves. Thomas, he's the 3rd/4th best DT in a class which is pretty average. He's just lucky Okam and Dorsey didn't enter, or he'd be forgotten about. He'd be the guy with character questions and not worth the risk, instead it's the "well, he's got baggage, but what else is there?" attitude toward him.

#35 : February 01, 2007, 08:26:56 AM

Marcus Thomas is that talented. But right now he is hovering around the 3rd/4th round range. If he interviews poorly at the combine he will drop like a rock. A solid interview and his back in the drivers seat. That interview will the key as we all know he has the ability to put up the combine numbers.

The kid is talented, but I don't think he's anything special. I mean, the Okoye hype is getting on my nerves because his bandwagon is hitting a near-BMW like level in the matter of one week, literally. But at least that I can understand, he's a 19 year old kid having a great week in the most star-studded all star game there is, with plenty of talented guys trying to make names for themselves. Thomas, he's the 3rd/4th best DT in a class which is pretty average. He's just lucky Okam and Dorsey didn't enter, or he'd be forgotten about. He'd be the guy with character questions and not worth the risk, instead it's the "well, he's got baggage, but what else is there?" attitude toward him.

Yes....He is not worth a sure thing selection in round one. However in the 3rd round you usually drop into the ? range...the guys that would have been in the top two but for a reson slipped down....

This is the stats I got from florida.rivals.com or Gatorbait.net (Florida gator scouting report site)

Marcus Thomas
Defensive tackle

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 285 lbs
Forty: 4.7 secs
Bench max: 340 pounds
Squat max: 520 pounds
Vertical: 28 inches

He may run the 4.9 on grass and ran the 4.7 on turf???

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa 2 and the UT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools