Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Down, A Good Option For The Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

« #15 : January 29, 2007, 03:20:23 PM »

Ok here we go.....without the whole points system I look at it this way.
Trade the #3 pick in the draft to the New England Patriots....they get Calvin Johnson...the big play WR they have always wanted.

We get their 2 #1's and their #3

First Round
With the first pick take Adam Carriker
Second Pick select  Sydney Rice

Second Round
First Pick select Arron Sears
Second Pick Brandon Meriweather

Third Round
First pick Marcus Thomas
Second Pick Prescott Burgess

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #16 : January 29, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »

Buccaneers | Trading down a draft option
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:57:26 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be looking to upgrade numerous positions this offseason and the club could opt to trade down from their first-round draft choice (No. 3 or 4 overall) this year to accumulate additional draft choices. However, it is unlikely they will slide down too far as the Buccaneers view the 2007 Draft class as seven top prospects deep.

Link to the article: http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGB3YEISGXE.html

T

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 29, 2007, 02:49:02 PM »

Yeah because, the Tampa Tribune is always correct. If I hear this from PR then I will take it seriously.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #18 : January 29, 2007, 02:50:39 PM »

No, it's just funny when you read the article and you find out how dumb Roy Cummings is.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 29, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »

Trading down accomplishes two things.

1. Obtain a player in the top ten that the Bucs FO covets by moving out of the top five.
2. Gain an addition draft pick day one to obtain another player you covet. 

Seeing as the Bucs have four day one picks already adding a fifth one would not be a bad idea.  Of course that is assuming the Bucs will still land a "top seven impact player" in a trade down scenario.  If not then the Bucs would have lost an oppurtunity to grab an impact player. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 29, 2007, 02:55:07 PM »

1. Obtain a player in the top ten that the Bucs FO covets by moving out of the top five.

Seeing as the Bucs have four day one picks already adding a fifth one would not be a bad idea. Of course that is assuming the Bucs will still land a "top seven impact player" in a trade down scenario. If not then the Bucs would have lost an oppurtunity to grab an impact player.

Also the flexibility to package 2 #2 picks together to sneak back into the first round

« #21 : January 29, 2007, 02:58:02 PM »

Cummings listed Branch as a top option (face_plain)

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 29, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »

Seeing as the Bucs have four day one picks already adding a fifth one would not be a bad idea. Of course that is assuming the Bucs will still land a "top seven impact player" in a trade down scenario. If not then the Bucs would have lost an oppurtunity to grab an impact player.

Also the flexibility to package 2 #2 picks together to sneak back into the first round

I like the idea, unless Thomas is still on the board. Unlike LT, this draft is stocked well at DL and WR, so I think both of those positions can be addressed nicely if we stand still.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 29, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »

red alert,I agree the draft is loaded with wrs and des we could land okoye if we don't trade down to far but if hes taken then we can go in another direction and draft Brown,or Cariker there is still real good players that we can draft in the top 10 and if we can get another 2nd rd pick and possibly a 3rd too we should trade down we solidify both sides of the line in the 1st 2 rds getting  a dt ,de and a left tackle possible 2 des and a game breaker  wr all in day 1.
         hopefully we address our other holes in fa,qb ,lb ,s,c.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #24 : January 29, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

CJ a once in a lifetime prospect. ???
No crap. Name me a player like CJ. Besides Randy Moss.....
Larry Brackins
Get the fudge outta here.
Rick Razzano

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Welcome2TBCalvinJ

Practice Squad

« #25 : January 29, 2007, 08:43:54 PM »

Larry Brackins
Get the **CENSORED** outta here.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #26 : January 29, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »

Larry Brackins

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Welcome2TBCalvinJ

Practice Squad

« #27 : January 29, 2007, 08:32:52 PM »

I dont think you can pass up once in a lifetime on WR Calvin Johnson. 6'4 4.4 40 leap vertical.
Preety Amazing talent,as for Joe Thomas and Okoye, they will be producded each year. There usually a dominant tackle in each year. I'd give Wyms the opportunity (full year starter) he did record 5 sacks. I dont wont Robert Gallery, i want Larry Fitzgerald. Not comparing to both talent wise,but as prospects.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 29, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »

CJ a once in a lifetime prospect.  ???

Bucwild

Second String

« #29 : January 29, 2007, 08:37:15 PM »

Trade a old D player('s) and get a second and use two of three R2's to get one more top R1 pick. two 1st and two 2nd. Is this possibly? If we can trade and get a few R2's
 We trade Kelly and Phillps to Detroit for there top R2. Then we trade  Bottom and top R2 to Arizona, Houston, Miami. For there top 1st round pick. We take Joe Thomas  and one of many D players that should go in that area. I'm still looking at D lineman, so I'n not sure. Top two rounds look good to me so far (it[s early!) but droppes fast, but top ten or so look very good.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Down, A Good Option For The Bucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools