Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rumors Of Donovan McNabb Becoming A Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: January 30, 2007, 10:14:10 PM

Yeah.

I guess having a crisp, strong passer matters somewhat in the NFL.

Just a little.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : January 29, 2007, 07:23:28 PM

From the New Jersey Times: 
http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/116952879274120.xml&coll=5&thispage=2

McNabb Doubts Eagles Future

Because if he is, but there is even a doubt in his mind that he isn't (and we're not reading minds here, just tea leaves), that's not good.

There are also rumors floating and growing stronger from around that league that Minnesota and Tampa Bay could be landing spots in either a trade for McNabb or as a free-agent destination for Garcia.

The Vikings, who turned to rookie Tarvaris Jackson by the end of the season, make sense because former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress is now the head coach and a big McNabb fan, and former Syracuse assistant Kevin Rogers is Minnesota's quarterbacks coach.

Tampa Bay, under head coach Jon Gruden, also could use a quarterback and either McNabb or Garcia would fit well in the Bucs' offense.

Chris Simms, coming off an injury, signed a new deal late last season, and the other quarterbacks on the Bucs' roster include Tim Rattay, Bruce Gradkowski and Luke McCown.

Gruden and McNabb go back to the 1999 Senior Bowl, in which Gruden coached McNabb's squad. Reid has often pointed to that week in Mobile, Ala., that let him know McNabb was the right man for his offense.

Garcia, who will be an unrestricted free agent come March, also could be a fit for the Bucs since Gruden has shown he can win with older, veteran quarterbacks. See Gannon, Rich, and Johnson, Brad.

Would the Eagles really trade McNabb?

Unlikely, since they would not get true value for him since he is coming off the injury, and the salary cap hit they would absorb is $3.8 million.

Tampa has either the No. 3 or No. 4 pick in the draft (depending on a coin flip with Cleveland). It's doubtful the Bucs would give that up. Minnesota has the No. 7 overall pick in the first round. Again, that's a pretty good pick.

Welcome2TBCalvinJ

Practice Squad

#2 : January 29, 2007, 07:28:01 PM

We would probably have to get rid of Simms and all are 2nd round picks and next years third just for D.McNugget
i wouldnt give up all are 2nd rounders because we have more needs than just a QB.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : January 29, 2007, 07:29:27 PM

I also heard the possible rumor of the Bucs trading Clayton and a second round pick for McNabb.

Welcome2TBCalvinJ

Practice Squad

#4 : January 29, 2007, 07:34:14 PM

Cadillac24:
Did you really hear that rumor? I think TB would accept in a hearbeat. Stallworth isnt going back to philly so good trade.

#5 : January 29, 2007, 07:34:50 PM

I also heard the possible rumor of the Bucs trading Clayton and a second round pick for McNabb.
Where?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : January 29, 2007, 07:37:05 PM

Where?
I heard we're trading all our picks for Peyton!!

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 29, 2007, 07:37:48 PM

If true they should pull the trigger on it

corporal.clegg

Second String

#8 : January 29, 2007, 07:37:59 PM

DONE !

bucs1

Practice Squad
#9 : January 29, 2007, 07:40:58 PM

Where?

I'm sorry, it wasn't actually a rumor.  It was Philedelphia radio broadcasters coming up with possible trade solutions for McNabb and that was one of them that they came up with.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#10 : January 29, 2007, 07:43:37 PM

I don't really know much about this situation except for what I read, but I hope that the Bucs can either get Jeff garcia or maybe even Donovan McNabb.

Welcome2TBCalvinJ

Practice Squad

#11 : January 29, 2007, 07:45:54 PM

I don't know why everyone is for a different Quarterback. Simms lead us to the playoffs (11-5) with the same o-line.

#12 : January 29, 2007, 07:46:34 PM

I don't know why everyone is for a different Quarterback. Simms lead us to the playoffs (11-5) with the same o-line.

There's more talent on the current line than that line of two years ago.

Welcome2TBCalvinJ

Practice Squad

#13 : January 29, 2007, 07:48:42 PM

[/quote=rjgobucs1]
There's more talent on the current line than that line of two years ago.
Yeah,but the exception of Penyatta Walker.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#14 : January 29, 2007, 07:49:17 PM

I'm not necessarily for a new quarterback, but I would like the Bucs to bring in a veteran quarterback to compete with Simms in training camp for the starting job.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rumors Of Donovan McNabb Becoming A Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools