Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Singletary To Interview With The Cowboys « previous next »
Page: 1 2

STRICK9

Second String

#15 : January 30, 2007, 10:02:01 AM

After watching the Senior Bowl practices.....Singletary looked impressive as a coach.  I think a couple years as a coordinator would really benefit him and make him a legitimate head coaching candidate.  Another guy I'd like to see move up the boards is ken Norton jr......the lb's coach at USC.  I think he's in the same class as Singletary as far as coaching, and a guy I thought Tampa might bring in once Barry was let go to join Rod.   

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 30, 2007, 12:19:07 PM

Would make more sense than Turner since Garrett is an offensive guy.
That is why it would make sense, IMO. Norv is an offensive guy, a former HC who played for some bad owners (Snyder and Davis), and could show Garrett how the place is run. I truly think Jason Garrett is going to be the HC in two or three seasons no matter what happens.
I have never really heard of that before, hiring a coach just to groom the spot for another guy.   Yeah it could happen if you had a current coach who was planning to retire soon, but you don't hire a new guy with the intention of replacing him a couple years later.

And I don't think Dallas is thinking that way either.  Jones may be dumb but he's not stupid.  Thats just idle press speculation.  Its not going to happen.  Whoever gets hired it will be with the intention that they will be there for the long term. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 30, 2007, 12:41:03 PM

Would make more sense than Turner since Garrett is an offensive guy.
That is why it would make sense, IMO. Norv is an offensive guy, a former HC who played for some bad owners (Snyder and Davis), and could show Garrett how the place is run. I truly think Jason Garrett is going to be the HC in two or three seasons no matter what happens.
I have never really heard of that before, hiring a coach just to groom the spot for another guy.   Yeah it could happen if you had a current coach who was planning to retire soon, but you don't hire a new guy with the intention of replacing him a couple years later.

And I don't think Dallas is thinking that way either.  Jones may be dumb but he's not stupid. Thats just idle press speculation.  Its not going to happen.  Whoever gets hired it will be with the intention that they will be there for the long term. 
Well why was Garrett, an OC, hired before a HC was?  Sounds like some speculation might have some meat to it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 30, 2007, 02:01:16 PM

The Garrett hire is right now assumed to be having a chilling effect on guys like Wade and Norv because both guys thing they are just caretakers until Jerry has an excuse to can themk to hire the guy he really wants in Garrett.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 30, 2007, 02:05:52 PM

The Garrett hire is right now assumed to be having a chilling effect on guys like Wade and Norv because both guys thing they are just caretakers until Jerry has an excuse to can themk to hire the guy he really wants in Garrett.
I think Jones is probably quite clear on that point.  And I think if Norv comes in and wins 11 games or so with the Boys, he resurects his career to go on to some other gig where performance actually matters...(not just being one of JJs boys)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 30, 2007, 02:09:38 PM

I think Jones is probably quite clear on that point.  And I think if Norv comes in and wins 11 games or so with the Boys, he resurects his career to go on to some other gig where performance actually matters...(not just being one of JJs boys)

you in DAL? That's exactly the theory of why Norv might take the deal, he can show that OAK was Al's fault not his. Wade OTOH is circling Marty's soon to be vacant seat and he'd rather be the jackal in SD than the carrion in DAL.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 30, 2007, 02:15:24 PM

I think Jones is probably quite clear on that point. And I think if Norv comes in and wins 11 games or so with the Boys, he resurects his career to go on to some other gig where performance actually matters...(not just being one of JJs boys)

you in DAL? That's exactly the theory of why Norv might take the deal, he can show that OAK was Al's fault not his. Wade OTOH is circling Marty's soon to be vacant seat and he'd rather be the jackal in SD than the carrion in DAL.
Wade sucks.  Period.  Funny you mention that Wade would be "circling" the seat, while trying to avoid being carrion himself...

Oakland and Washington are companies that only a younger coach with half the talent could come in and thrive.  The ownership is bizarre to say the least.

Balls Out

Starter
#22 : January 30, 2007, 02:41:21 PM

I think Singletary needs to cut his teeth a bit longer in the assistant coaching ranks before he makes the step up...but if I was an owner who knew I would need a new coach in a couple years, I would get him on the staff for some grooming much like what's happening with Garrett...cause I have no doubt he will be one hell of a head coach one day...I think there are few who can motivate like he can, that stare of his alone is enough to make you want to crap your pants...

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Singletary To Interview With The Cowboys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools