Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be upset if the Bucs went all lineman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : January 30, 2007, 12:13:19 AM

I think local grocery stores would endorse the idea, and so would I.
??? ???

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 30, 2007, 12:14:41 AM

Yeah let's draft gifted offensive lineman so Bill Muir can screw them up big time.

#17 : January 30, 2007, 02:27:48 AM

I feel you T, but to give credit Muir hasnt had a gifted OL to screw up. That could be a good thing or a bad thing

I didnt like BIg 10 players and teams much, thought most of them were overrated. But LaMarr Woodley is one gugy I like a lot. I think he should be picked before Carriker and Spencer and definitely round 1. He is a little short though, probably about the same height as Dewayne White. Very well built, strong and disruptive I think he'll make a good 4-3 DE.

I would be happy with eitehr 2 of those drafts. I would be happy with quite a few things, mostly drafting Joe Thomas, but I would be very happy if the team drafted all lineman or all defense with the first 3-4 picks.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : January 30, 2007, 02:36:03 AM

I wouldn't really like that draft because I don't think that all of our problems are on the line.

We need a UT, LT, C, QB. I realize you are addressing a lot of the problems but I also see Galloway's retirement on the horizon as something that we need to plan for. WR is a need even though most people won't think so. If we can get CJ then we should, he is a stud and will fill a future need for us.

I don't mind going almost all line. I just hope those guys would work out.

#19 : January 30, 2007, 02:55:05 AM

There are more needs for starters on this BUcs team than they are capable of filling iwth 4 draft picks. However, either of these drafts would fulfill 3/4 needs you listed. I think if JOe Thomas is available you cant pass on him. How often can a 30 year old franchise draft a 22 year old guy out of college and at that moment say he is the best ever to play his position in that town? Joe Thomas will be involved in every play, CJ will touch the ball 6-8 times per game maybe

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 30, 2007, 05:52:49 AM

LT, C, FB & KR. That way your special teams are for the most part done and your offense is mostly done. Fill in the defense with FA's for this year and retool the defense in the next two drafts. Why not have 2/3 's of your team retooled as opposed to piece mealing it. Just a thought.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 30, 2007, 10:42:15 AM

I would not be upset if they drafted several lineman, but I think that the offensive and defenensive lineman look by far to be the strongest positions in free agency as well, so I hope to see several veteran lineman signed so that other positions that require attention like Safety can be focused on in the draft. I for one would not be upset to see two first day safeties drafted.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#22 : January 30, 2007, 11:19:56 AM

GIVE ME THE SECOND OPTION!!!!!!! I would rather have Thomas over Staley, then maybe just maybe Eric Weddle will fall to the our early fouth. Then both lines and the safety position would be addressed.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 30, 2007, 11:52:03 AM

As long as the first day doesn't include a QB, RB or WR, I'd be happy.

Don't really believ thaye are "need" postions this year. LT, DL, S, CB are more important, IMO.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#24 : January 30, 2007, 11:58:27 AM

As long as the first day doesn't include a QB, RB or WR, I'd be happy.

Don't really believ thaye are "need" postions this year. LT, DL, S, CB are more important, IMO.

I think they need to look for depth at QB and RB (FB, really).  WR will kill us if we go into next season with the guys we have, mark my words.

That said, I think that our biggest top tier needs are: DT, DE, LT, WR, S

Then: WLB, FB, C, CB, QB

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 30, 2007, 12:14:23 PM

I'm thinking Kalil won't be in any position for the Bucs to draft without a trade. I think he's going to end up at the bottom of the first round.

What are your thoughts on Kyle Young?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2007, 12:45:02 PM

I'd be beside myself with joy.

Once the OL is functioning at a respectable level, then the Bucs can make better performance judgements about skill positions like QB, RB and WR, which I feel safe in saying is not as bleak as some think.

And with the DL applying pressure again, that will go a long way towards getting us back to chasing QB's every game instead of the lead..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 31, 2007, 08:48:24 AM

I'm thinking Kalil won't be in any position for the Bucs to draft without a trade. I think he's going to end up at the bottom of the first round.

Depends while Kalil had a good week based on the full sum of the Senior Bowl reports (as usual a few didn't like his week) but everyone seems to think the's the Okoye of the C class. He's a guy that won't work everywhere but could be very good somewhere. For Okoye it is a 3 technique system, for Kalil everyone likes him in a zone blocking scheme. I think the Colts are the only bunch like that at the low-end of R1 and they aren't going C. He could fall through to us but then I'd ask if he's even the right guy here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 31, 2007, 09:26:54 AM

Hell no I wouldn't be upset, games are won and lost in the trenches, that's where you build your team, on both lines....if you're good there, the rest will become gravy (see the Eagles for example.)

Agree. A good OL will give Simms, Galloway, Clayton, Cadillac, and Stovall room to shine.
The line doesn't have a whole lot to do with catching the ball....so I'm not sure it helps Clayton all that much.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 31, 2007, 09:40:30 AM

What are your thoughts on Kyle Young?

I kind of doubt Kalil will go in the 1st. He's not as good as Mangold last year. Kyle Young will have to move well and probably lose some weight. From what I have seen he is just a big slow center.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be upset if the Bucs went all lineman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools