Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lance Briggs Rumors « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #30 : January 30, 2007, 08:42:52 PM »

ABuccs he may be referring to a rule change with the new CBA. A lot of things like that probably did change.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #31 : January 30, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »

Thing is once the Bears tag him then his option is to sign, not play or force the trade. What price are you willing to pay for Lance Briggs? The Bears will no doubt want a #1, do you do that?

No deal...we need him and our Number one...maybe a one down the line but not this year...how about that?

I would be surprised if the Bears got a number 1 in this years draft from anyone for him. Maybe if a hold out goes into next season they can pull off something like what the Pats did with Deon Branch, but I would be reluctant to give up next years first as well. The best scenario from our perspective may be for him to sign the tender, as it would make it doubtful they would tender him in the area of $10 million in 2008.

You don't think one of the best young LBs in the leauge is worth a 1st?

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 30, 2007, 09:09:54 PM »

I'd like to see him head to Tampa.

cj2007

Second String

« #33 : January 31, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »

For us probably not. Lets say the Bucs get two or three weeks into the 2007 season and have an oppurtunity to trade next years first for a holding out Briggs, it would a tough decision but I would probably have to say no. This team is far from veteran laden, so even if we got off to a good start there is no guarantee that we would make the playoffs. Drafting in the top 20 chances are very good that you could get a player who will become the caliber of Briggs at a position that may demonstrate itself at that time to be even more of a need, and that player would come with a much more reasonable 6 year contract. If we were closer to being contenders then I would say yes, but now is not the time to be trading first round draft picks for anyone. 
Very Good Point plus by the time we were 2-3 weeks into the season chicago would probably negotiate for something less since he was holding out

goto11

Starter
« #34 : January 31, 2007, 12:24:20 PM »

Briggs has stated that he wants to return to the Bears and would be willing to offer Chicago a discount from his fair market value to do so.  He's staying in Chicago.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #35 : January 31, 2007, 01:28:27 PM »

better go after Kato june for sure

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #36 : February 02, 2007, 04:11:46 AM »

Lance Briggs will be "very upset" if he's slapped with the franchise tag.
"You play four years as a third-round draft pick and then you get the opportunity to get a big payday for your work," Briggs told the New York Daily News. "You definitely want to see what you’re worth."

rotoworld.com - NY Daily News

Yay, i hope he becomes a Buc

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #37 : February 02, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »

Pretty sure that the CBA extension got rid of the rule that jammed us with Chidi.

« #38 : February 02, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »

Why would Lance want to play for Gruden?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #39 : February 02, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »

Why would Lance want to play for Gruden?

Because the people who pay Gruden will pay him a ton of jack. Everyone "loves" the coach and facilities and whatever after they sign. At the press conference it is always about how "I wanted to play for Coach X" but that stuff is about as meaningful as those rock bands doing the "It is great to be here in <insert city name here>." stuff.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Ironphister

Second String

« #40 : February 02, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »

i don't know - maybe a division championship and a SB since he's been here?  maybe the chance to play for monte kiffin in a system very similar to where he's been playing?  maybe going to a team with a pretty strong record over the past decade of putting out quality defenses?  maybe he is a fan of dbrooks?

who knows, but the question you ask is silly.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #41 : February 02, 2007, 02:36:38 PM »

i don't know - maybe a division championship and a SB since he's been here? maybe the chance to play for monte kiffin in a system very similar to where he's been playing? maybe going to a team with a pretty strong record over the past decade of putting out quality defenses? maybe he is a fan of dbrooks?

who knows, but the question you ask is silly.
Or maybe because of the new facility, the chance to play for a team and put "his stamp" on the defense...

It is a silly question, though.

vipmark

Starter
« #42 : February 02, 2007, 03:14:13 PM »

Gruden is a highly respected coach around the league and his style of offense is very challenging in practice....the Bucs D was never #1 until Gruden took over.......don't bother with a response mike....I won't take the bait..it's been done to death.

« #43 : February 03, 2007, 07:46:56 AM »

the Bucs D was never #1 until Gruden took over.......
This board in a nutshell.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #44 : February 05, 2007, 02:38:28 AM »

Briggs will go where the money is.

Too much bling, too many cars to be had.

He ain't gettin' it in Chi-town.  As of yet.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lance Briggs Rumors « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools